Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

CAI & Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
THIS IS PERFECT!! It should be made a sticky and required reading by all who come to the forums!!
Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
+1
yeah...sadly we get these cars and say they are everything I want...no power adders needed....

then the mods begin and like any other mod bug on any other car...the bug BITES YOU HARD,,,
you try to stop...you try intervention....it doesnt work....you have to feed that beast inside you...the one that yearns for MORE.... the need for speed..the need for power....(insert Tim Allen grunts here) lol

i need help ........

Hello...my name is TJ..and I am a modaholic...............

Yeah, me too! It sounds like things are heading that way, already!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:54 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
It is easy, I am pretty USELESS and I did it!!
LOL, I doubt the USELESSness or you wouldn't have tried. I am going to give it a shot after a few other things.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Yeah, me too! It sounds like things are heading that way, already!
Mark's getting a woodie!! LOL...just like the rest of us!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Mark!!

The suspension parts are in and the skunk feels much tighter!! Almost like the GT500!!

(Definitely not a female project.....TOO hard!!!)
Old 08-21-2010, 11:36 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Mark!!

The suspension parts are in and the skunk feels much tighter!! Almost like the GT500!!

(Definitely not a female project.....TOO hard!!!)
Glad you got it done Shella! I read your post over in the handling section. I think I'm gonna tackle lowering the GT500 in a month or so, I'll talk to Sam Strano first. Its been over 100 deg here every day for about the last month (and the A/C was out at the drugstore last Tues thru Thurs), so I;m gonna wait till it cools down some. This has been a heck of a summer! I'm gonna be in WV picking up my daughter on Sept 9th! I'll be looking for pictures!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

The CAI and the tuner have shipped! I'm patiently waiting!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

I must be weird (ok I am) but I have no desire to mod the motor of my 500. Other than rims lowering goodies and exhaust which are done I am finished. How weird is that I ask you?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i was the same way... then i needed more sound... then it all started...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
I must be weird (ok I am) but I have no desire to mod the motor of my 500. Other than rims lowering goodies and exhaust which are done I am finished. How weird is that I ask you?
Nope! Not weird at all! I like the way mine looks (except it needs to be a little lower) and it runs great, but I just want to see if I can make it run better! Maybe I'm weird?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

The JLT CAI & the SCT Tuner arrived last evening. Got home from work about 7:30 pm today, started the swap of the intake. Had it all wrapped with a 91 octane Bama race tune installed about 9:00 pm. WOW what a difference it makes! Of course you all know that! Got it out on the intersate and I WAS IMPRESSED. I got it up to the fastest I've ever been in a car, faster than I've ever gotten there, Ha! I was gonna go for a new bluetooth stereo with XM radio next, but now.............................maybe performance sounds better! SOMEBODY STOP ME!

Seriously: The GT500 seems to run smoother, more power, better throttle response and it makes that Super Charger whine more! I love it!

Quick Reply: CAI & Tune