Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Do not think Carroll is doing to great

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

Default Do not think Carroll is doing to great

I posted this in another thread, but thought it deserves its own thread, i am not trying to spread rumors but this is what i found on a SAAC forum

"Dear Friend of the Foundation,

We would like to thank you for your support of the Carroll Shelby Foundation. We have received your package with request for an authentic Carroll Shelby Autograph. Unfortunately, due to his declining health over the past few months, Mr. Shelby is no longer able to participate in the autograph program. For that reason, and with tremendous regret, we must return your item without an authentic signature. The Foundation will be offering an alternative option with an autopen Commemorative signature.

In 1991, after his life-saving heart transplant, Mr. Shelby decided to use his position in life to help those less fortunate. He made a deal with “the big guy upstairs” that if he survived he would help in any way he could. Carroll started the Carroll Shelby Heart Fund, today known as the Carroll Shelby Foundation, to support organ and tissue donation for children as well as education. Over the past 20 years Mr. Shelby has given much of his time to sit with his fans and autograph their prized possession. His commitment to giving back has allowed the Carroll Shelby Foundation to donate to a myriad of medical establishments, individuals and other organizations. With the continued support of donors like you, his philanthropic vision will continue."

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=17056.0 sounds like he is in the hospital
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Thats never good, I hope everything is ok for him but I send my prayers. Its great to know that he used his second lease on life to help other. It really shows what kind person you are when you can take the money you make and help others
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

i also hope his health will get better soon. I have never met him, but everyone i talk to or watch him on tv, he seems like an awesome guy

I actually saved up some to get some items signed by CS, then i found out about the suspended program. but i am glad i did his autograph on one of my Diecast's