Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:24 AM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3

Well the reason i took "off my roushcharger" and have the KB and not the Roush is because i never had a Roushcharger on my Mach 1. 1/2 off isnt a bad price for it either. As for it being a little high, thats because i dont like to play games, i just like the power. As far as "not happy of overall numbers", i dont see how there not happy with their 415+HP when your runnin 400+. Also less weight is a major fact, like it has been in the past when the edge Roush bodys took saleen for a real ride.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:12 AM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

lol.......Ok well I will just respond one time........There not happy with there 415 hp because non are putting that much to the wheels. I am running 400 to the wheels --470 the crank. So you are trying to tell me a 05/06 roush is that much less in weight than a 05/06 saleen..........BS no way.

Well I think Polk proved my point with his results
Old 06-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Not happy with the Roush's 415hp/385tq as a stock Saleen SC makes 435hp/425tq. 20hp and 40tq more out of the box. As for the body statement, you opinion is noted. I just don't agree with it. The Roush looks like a bolt on car and the Saleen does not, imo.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Maybe someone can verify this but I thought the Saleen used lower boost to acheive the power numbers compared to the Roush.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

They do!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

They do!

So Saleen makes more power with less boost than a Roush. If I were them I am would not be happy either.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

lol......there not most of them are a little bitter.....

i think if you took a poll of what s/c people would put on there car for a 05/06 mustang--between roush and saleen, i think saleen would win hands down
Old 06-21-2006, 05:50 PM
04Mach1DD
2nd Gear Member

yes because saleen puts out more cars. Well apparently 20HP doesn't matter since a Cheaper Roush Beat a more expensive saleen. Roush also gives money back to their community and doesn't worry about keeping all their cash. The emails I got saying "Roush just keeps their money and doesn't care about anyone else" Roush now has 2 Dragstrips that offer the lowest price in MI, 1 Testtrack($5 to public cars for 1 month) They actually work with Ford to make their parts easer to work with that any other companies.
I would really like to see that race, You apparently have allot of power and "doesn't look like a bolt on car", The Roush has the suspension/less weight to worry about. Where do you live?
"The upshot of this is more power with less boost, meaning longer engine life and better fuel efficiency."
Old 06-21-2006, 06:22 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: 04Mach1DD

yes because saleen puts out more cars. Well apparently 20HP doesn't matter since a Cheaper Roush Beat a more expensive saleen. Roush also gives money back to their community and doesn't worry about keeping all their cash. The emails I got saying "Roush just keeps their money and doesn't care about anyone else" Roush now has 2 Dragstrips that offer the lowest price in MI, 1 Testtrack($5 to public cars for 1 month) They actually work with Ford to make their parts easer to work with that any other companies.
I would really like to see that race, You apparently have allot of power and "doesn't look like a bolt on car", The Roush has the suspension/less weight to worry about. Where do you live?
"The upshot of this is more power with less boost, meaning longer engine life and better fuel efficiency."
[/qu

Saleen puts more cars out than roush? Not sure if thats true or not. dont tell me Jack Roush puts his name all over that car for the community. BS. HOw much is a Stage 3 Roush again? Not sure you can get one under 55k about the same as a s/c saleen,,,,,Plus the best thing you got is that stage 3 roush which cant even beat a s/c saleen-stock for stock------------saleen's got the Extreme--------Now thats better than anything roush is got.

By the way Mark Martin sucks a** and so does Jack roush-------------sorry had to do it-----------------I promise this is my last reply to you. Not worth the effort
Old 06-21-2006, 06:26 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04Mach1DD

i understand that roush has a good suspension-----but do you know any thing about a Saleen Suspension? Are F'in kidding me with the less weight??? You really think a stage 3 roush weighs that much less than a saleen s/c??

I will give roush its props, but it is not a better performaning car than saleen IMO

Quick Reply: S197 GT w/Saleen SC vs. S197 Roush Stage 3