Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

RPM Outlet is a scam

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: RPM Outlet is a scam

This is not the first I've heard of this. We've had many many members complain about getting screwed over by them.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

I ordered their E kit for my 05 Stang earlier this week. No problems whatsoever, *shrug*
Old 08-21-2005, 12:17 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

I wish i could have read this a little sonner..I just orderd the 2.8 pulley,belt,tensioner and the pulley removal tool...hopfully everything works out cause im pretty excited about picking up 60 rwhp
Old 09-08-2005, 05:47 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mysticsvtcobra96

I wish i could have read this a little sonner..I just orderd the 2.8 pulley,belt,tensioner and the pulley removal tool...hopfully everything works out cause im pretty excited about picking up 60 rwhp
ha you're not the only one, i'm waiting on some cams from them for my mach, really hope im not scamed out of a grand
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Thak really sucks. Check your reciept that you were given on your delivery box. If you accept the package and the receipt shows you accepted the package and everything was there when it really wasn't, then they don't have to do anything. Your receipt should have a number by each item you were supposed to of recieved. Check this out if the area that your CAI is located if you have a 1 there then you accepted the shipment and are stuck with the product as is, if area is open, then fax the receipt to the company with a letter from a lawer, trust me they will take care of you. I bought from them and never had a problem.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:37 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

that's isn't true dude.....now with the trucking companies you deal with you have the right to refusal upon inspection and in a time limit..but not with ups,fedex,mail unless the package is visualy damaged
Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 PM
videtto

I just pruchased a 160 degree powerstat from them. I took my car apart and began replacing the thero only to discover it was the wrong part. I immediately contacted them and the guy told me I would have to send their exchange department an email requesting a return authorization. I told the guy I needed another one ASAP, being that my car was stripped apart. He said I could pay for another one and it would be there the next day, so I did and I'm still waiting, no part. I am very disappointed in RPM Outlet. Also, I sent their exchange dept. an email and I still haven't gotten a response.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Good luck with that...RPM Outlet sucks. They are unresponsive via e-mail and their customer service is meant to make returns difficult if not impossible.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 PM
freewilly
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Good luck with that...RPM Outlet sucks. They are unresponsive via e-mail and their customer service is meant to make returns difficult if not impossible.
funny i just been on hold with them . that george fellow puts me one hold and never comes back to the line , heres the e mail i sent sent them ...hello, i feel iam wasting my time calling you and e mailing you, i got phone records to prove it.i got a 03 lower pulley kit from youll on 8/31/06 i had problem since day 1, taked to george he said to add washer on outer side of the bracket, i did, i had to drive at 2200 rpms for 170miles to get dyno tuned so i couldnt mash on gas gas , before the washer the belt popped off 1 rib on the lower pulley, george was was kind enough to sent me a double roller pulley , now the problem is worst then before, i thrown 1 belt on the dyno. 2nd belt coming home.another belt 4 miles later after test driven drag radials. the 4th belt is on it now. my hood pad is torn up now....george will not come to the phone..after 5 attemps i got him once to be left on hold for 10 mins, and he never came backon the line..? im just to the point where iam goiong to contact the BBB. i spent lots of mins on the phone holding on. i got phone records,,
Old 10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah I was about to order something from them (RPM Outlet) a few weeks ago but since I couldn't get them to even answer the e-mails I sent without threating them. I passed on the order.

Same part cost me $150 more elsewhere (Blueoval Industries) But the stuff was shipped the same day I ordered and it arrived when expected. Called them twice once for stock check and once for a stupid questions. Very quick and polite. I'm going back to BlueOval

Quick Reply: RPM Outlet is a scam