Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen quality control???

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
06SALEEN1246
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen quality control???

Yes i love the attention it brings...People go out of their way to see the SALEEN...I've had two Porsches in the past and they didn't draw near the attention my SALEEN brings no matter where I go...I can't wait to get it back
Old 11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Red6
2nd Gear Member

I'm lucky as well being close to Saleen to get issues fixed .

I have to say it’s a sure bet Saleen is having cash flow problems its obvious.

For one they are looking to build other Saleen’s for manufactures other then Ford (Steve said it himself possibly GM). I can see why its because of the satuated market from competition direct from Ford (Shelby) Foose, Roush, and Steada.

They cannot service their dealers fast to get parts for current customer’s issues. Cars wait for weeks for parts and approval.

They cannot keep up with demand for aftermarket products (takes at least three weeks to get parts). If demand is high up production hire more people etc.

They have a high turnover rate in employees. They don’t pay employees enough to stay or give them incentives to go the extra mile. People are not trained correctly as well.

Also long time employees have left and they have cleaned house with other long timers. Found out in the past employee's pay checks have bounced.

Saleen is known for being flakey. I know a part share holder of the company (he’s says this as well) and all my interactions with the higher ups have confirmed this.

I really like the car and they way their go about their products but have to say quality control and interactions with management are **** poor.

I know they are restucturing so hopefully they can better manage their facilitiies and customers.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
walc
2nd Gear Member

I have noticed plenty of unsold 2006 Saleens on dealers' lots.
So, I guess the good news is we'll no longer have to worry about Saleen warranty work, because we won't have any warranty, when Saleen goes down the tubes. [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 10:49 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red6

I'm lucky as well being close to Saleen to get issues fixed .

I have to say it’s a sure bet Saleen is having cash flow problems its obvious.

For one they are looking to build other Saleen’s for manufactures other then Ford (Steve said it himself possibly GM). I can see why its because of the satuated market from competition direct from Ford (Shelby) Foose, Roush, and Steada.

They cannot service their dealers fast to get parts for current customer’s issues. Cars wait for weeks for parts and approval.

They cannot keep up with demand for aftermarket products (takes at least three weeks to get parts). If demand is high up production hire more people etc.

They have a high turnover rate in employees. They don’t pay employees enough to stay or give them incentives to go the extra mile. People are not trained correctly as well.

Also Long time employees have left and they have cleaned house with other long timers. Found out in the past their pay checks has even bounced.

Saleen is known for being flakey. I know a part share holder of the company (he’s says this as well) and all my interactions with the higher ups have confirmed this.

I really like the car and they way their go about their products but have to say quality control and interactions with management are **** poor.

I know they are restucturing so hopefully they can better manage their facilitiies and customers.
Not sure how much of what you are saying is true- but I have no doubt Saleen is struggling to move cars because of the new Shelby, Roush, and the popularity in general of the GT.

When I bought my car, they showed me both the Shelby and the Roush as alternates- I had already made up my mind I wanted the Saleen. The service manager said the repair rate/QC issues were next to nothing on the Roush, and were pretty bad on the Saleen. I bought it anyways.

Still holding my breath..hope I don't regret the decision.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:58 PM
ncponygirl
2nd Gear Member

I'm afraid to say anything because everything's going great so far and I don't want to jinx it.... 5000 miles in three months, and the only issue I've got is that the steering wheel badge keeps popping up in the corner. But hey, in a crash, my airbag would probably work instead of being glued down shut.

I drive it every day to work and make up excuses to drive it all weekend. I'm getting a few nicks here and there, but you know what? It is SO worth it!

If you want a factory-made car with most of the production kinks worked out, get a car that they made millions of last year.

'06 S281 Satin Silver Convertible with Speedster bar and tonneau
Old 11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
walc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ncponygirl
...the only issue I've got is that the steering wheel badge keeps popping up in the corner....
Assuming I will soon have the steering wheel badge fall off, I wonder can't it be glued back on?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
ncponygirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: walc

...the only issue I've got is that the steering wheel badge keeps popping up in the corner....
Assuming I will soon have the steering wheel badge fall off, I wonder can't it be glued back on?
Yes, but don't let your dealer do it! Mine tried to do it when it was in for an oil change (without talking to me about it) and they smeared glue all over the badge. It stuck where they glued it, but popped up in another place. The problem is that the stock Mustang emblem is domed shaped, and the badge is flat, so it keeps popping up around one side. I read somewhere on here about prying the stock emblem out and replacing it with the Saleen badge, but I don't know how that affects the airbag, so I'm leaving it alone. Not a biggie, really, in the grand scheme of things. Every time I clean the car I put a little more Goo Gone on the glue and it's (the glue) eventually going to be gone... I just know it!
It all boils down to -- nobody is going to take care of your baby like you do! And that's what makes us fanatics.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Oy. Go here. https://mustangforums.com/m_1720681/tm.htm

Many have tried, few have succeeded (did I spell that right? It looks weird). It seems they either stay on there for good to begin with, or once they peel off they become a recurring nightmare. Mine would be the latter... It now graces the cover to the driver's side vanity mirror -- a nice place for it!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

It all boils down to -- nobody is going to take care of your baby like you do! And that's what makes us fanatics.
You got that right, sista. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
walc
2nd Gear Member

Ladies,
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone know if the '07 steering wheel emblem is "fixed"?

Quick Reply: Saleen quality control???