Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

06+ Extreme Owners ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

Default 06+ Extreme Owners ...

Is there anyone else having nearly as many problems as i am?

this is rediculous!

i picked up the car again from SSV friday afternoon and they gave it to me broken.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:26 PM
teamgsxr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 06+ Extreme Owners ...

What kind of problems are you having ?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 PM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

its problem after problem...there isnot oneparticular problem that the car has.

right now... the car makes loud grinding noises under load...even worse when the A/C pump is on. It performs very poorly,even though they told me itdrove great and i drove itout of SSV andnoticed it was not right!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Man, That sucks.

you sure were a defensive **** when you bought that beast though. You see when they hand you your keys back after working on your NEW car for the 10th time and smile you know somethings up by then. Or maybe you know somethings up after the 4th time. Either way, sorry to hear about your probs. Just pray Saleen stays around long enough to fix everything or buy your car back.

Saleen should not be authorized to crack a brand new engine from Ford and sell it as new. This has been happening since the S351 days. We are not seeing any problems with the PJ cars because most of them have hardly any miles on them yet. Bummer really.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:05 AM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

well apparently i am the only E owner with this many problems, which makes your statement null and void correct?

i could see that a possibility of all the Extreme owners were like WTF.... but its just me!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:47 AM
SALEEN100
1st Gear Member

iam on the same boat man i have a extreme nothing but problems
Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 AM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

The guys at SSV even tell me they've had similar problems with the E's like the boost gauge going bad, but those cars have never been back since. Mine has been problematic ever since I bought it. The boost gauge has been replaced 4 times, my clutch has been replaced, my supercharger has been replaced, my entire rear end has been replaced, the flywheel has been replaced, the drive shaft has been replaced...but don’t getme wrong, a lot of these parts werereplaced under warranty atthe same timebecause when the car wouldn't go into gear, they tried fixing it a couple times andfinally decided just to replace all the drive train except the reardiff, and transmission. The rearend diff wasa different problem (gear hum).All the problems seemed to be smoothing out and becoming just small problems which I was hoping would just go away eventually, but now, I am pretty the belt slips again andsomething near theflywheel makes loud grinding noises under load. This is only some of my problems I have had…others are not as immense.

I’ve had erraticboost before, and the problem was in the tune, so it now has an 07 tune. It’s been under powered at times....the list goes on, but that is beside the point. I am upset right now about it because they sat there and told me the car seems to be running even better than normal and its really good and the someone took the car home for the weekend and everything was fine, except as soon as I drove it off the lot, Isaid to myself....something’s not right! On top of that, after this person drove the car home for the weekend, I turn on my head lights and the boost gauge and air temp gauge are two significantlydifferent colors....Besides the fact that the car has 3000 miles on it and Saleen has put the majority of them on.

I have exhaust leaks and I was told it’s a common problem. Nothing against Saleen, I have a passion for them and am potentially a great customer in the future as they produce more cars, but I have this on my plate right now.

Saleen has been very helpful and been adamant about me being happy and doing all they can for me...so I have been very understanding and nice about the situations at hand...now I see some half *** work being done about this, and the car still is not fixed, soI am setting up a meeting with whoever....because I want some answers!

Bottom line....does any other E owners have similar issues? ...

Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Well,

Didn't want to call you out but maybe you should just dig a bit farther before... well, you know

Hate to re-post this thread but

https://mustangforums.com/m_2504370/tm.htm

https://mustangforums.com/m_3336481/tm.htm

Abbas had numerous problems immediately after picking up his "E" ride. His dealer did resolve.

Sam the Jeep Man had Saleen buy back his Extreme. Here is a quote of his:

"not trying to scare you, only relating what i have been through
it was living nightmare, right to the minute they towed it away. from all my research and talks with saleen owners(especially extreme owners), seems like either you got a good one, or you got a bad one. with a bad one, no matter what is done with it as far as repairs etc, it will always be bad. the scary part, especially for east coast owners(who store them away for the winter), is the one year warranty !!!!
i wish you luck with your vehicle, but don't let these problems be white washed away, by bulls---- from factory reps saying "this is normal, or there nothing wrong with that" !!!!

I still think it's a bummer since Saleen builds so few "E" cars and soo many owners have too many problems with them.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Adam, but you are not alone- perhaps its time you make contact with Sam The Jeep Man and talk to him about how he went about his "buy back" It sure is discouraging to read about all the problems with these E cars that were supposed to be so bad *** [&:]

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

I hope it works out for you, and others (Db28 comes to mind) have had issues with their Ecars. There is no excuse for poor quality, considering the premiums these things are bringing.

Good Luck.

As for the PJ's I've got 3k on mine with no issues, but other boards have multiple PJ owners and I'll keep everyone posted if issues start to come up.

Chuck

Quick Reply: 06+ Extreme Owners ...