Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Time to Post New & Fun Saleen Stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default Time to Post New & Fun Saleen Stories

Okay I'll start: Been on a LOOOOONG road trip with Georgia over past few days. This a.m. I stopped for fuel & coffee and while cleaning her windshield, a guy came over and asked if he could take her picture. Not that rare an event, but after over 1000 miles, Georgia's bumper was COVERED with bug guts!! "uh.... okay....." I said.

Maybe he was looking for that "Bug guts in the shape of Jesus' face" award. [8D]
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Time to Post New & Fun Saleen Stories

At the Shootout last weekend, raced a tuned '07 GT500, both cars on drag radials, and won. [8D]

...and I won the rematch.

Not bad for a stock-pullied Series VI! [8D]
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Amy! I was just about to make a post asking where u have been! Good to have you back chica...ummm as for my story...I got a school parking ticket? [&o]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
05Saleen#243
3rd Gear Member

So we had some young guys move into the house at the end of our street, two brothers and a friend i think. It's like 10:30 at night and the doorbell rings so I'm like WTF?? It's one of the idiots and he says, "Is that a mustang?" as he point at Candi. I was like "Are you kidding me? At this hour?" He was like "I just bet by manager $20 that it was a mustang." If youi would like to hear more funny stories about the new idiots on the block let me know. The sad part is that the guy who moved out had two vipers
Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

A few weeks ago when I hosted the SCOA Fall Cruise (pics were posted about 3 weeks ago; me with the PJ, the Calypso '93 and the Silver '06....) we stopped at a gas station on the way out of Bloomington, IN. As we were regrouping in the parking lot, the attendant comes running out and asks if he can take some pics. Sure why not!

Funny part though when he got to the 4th car in line, the owner was standing beside it talking to another stranger and the clerk says in a haste...."Hey bud could you move out of the way, I'm trying to take some pictures here" [sm=Flahssssss.gif]
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

Not long after i got the car i was driving down a busy street here in Vancouver... I had my Brother-In Lawin the car with me .. as we were driving down the street we see a young guy walking down the side walk taking pictures of the car with his camera phone.... as we passed he was still taking pictures and walking at the same time NOT looking where he was going ..... my brother- in -law busted up laughing..... I said what are you laughing about? he said.. THAT DIP **** JUST WALKED INTO A LIGHT POLE AND FELL ON HIS ***......... now thats funny
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Now thats some funny stuff. Not afraid to admit I have done that a few times myself, but I was breaking my neck to stare at the fairer sex, not a car [8D]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
sal07b
1st Gear Member

Guess the spousal unit doesn't visit the site much huh sowaxeman[sm=bustedsign.gif]? Anyways, for my story: As I'm sure most of you know, the 96-98 Saleens were never known for their power (engines better served as boat anchors!). However, that doesn't stop most people from thinking that Saleens are these huge horsepower monsters. So, I met my wife at the Nissan dealership to pick-up our new Maxima (don't get excited, it's my daily) and I'm BS'in with the salesman when an 03-04 Cobra pulls up. We get to talking and he says he's got it pullied up, cat-back, yadda-yadda. The salesman says, "you guys should line 'em up and give us a show out front". I'm thinking, "I shouldn't get killed that bad, we've only got a hundred yards (I've got 4.10's and a considerable amount of engine work done on an 03 crate motor)!" Right about then the owner of the Cobra says, "I'm not about to take on a S-A-L-E-E-N (pronounced Sayleen)". It was everything I could do not to bust out laughing and take his keys away for being a panzy. HE WOULD HAVE SMOKED ME!! So I end the conversation with abit of a smirkand, "Good choice, these Sayleen's are animals..."[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Twilightvert
1st Gear Member

Pulled into a gas station to fill up my 91 Saleen the other day and had a stranger approach me. He wanted to know "Is this the new Saleen for '08?".I guess the70's Plymouth he was driving explains it all. I also had someone approach me at a Friday night cruise to tell me "nice car, didn't know they made them before 2005." Gotta love the uninformed.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

Not really a "funny" story, but it was fun for me...

I just bought my 01 Saleen S281SC Convertible a couple of months ago from a guy down in Northern NJ. I live in Upstate NY and thus needed a way to bring the car home, so I rented a U-haul car hauler and drove down to pick up the car and tow it back with my '04 Yukon XL Denali.

On the way home, (about a 3 hour drive), I'm driving speed limit (which was 20mph faster than the uhaul trailer said was max speed) and about every 10-15 minutes a car would pull up next to me, honk their horn and give me a "thumbs up".

What can I say? It definately made me feel good about the purchase.

Quick Reply: Time to Post New & Fun Saleen Stories