Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

hi and low idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
KC

Default hi and low idle

Hello all. Just broght my PJ to the dealer to look at a few things,idle going up and down after stopping at a light among the other minor problems. They told me it put out a code for something the car does not even have and it would have to be handled by Saleenbut Saleed had closed there doors and he didnt know where to go from there. Well he called me back a short time later and did find a cpl techs still in Irvine and would have to pull the computer and they would flash tune it to fix the problem. Two questions,anyone had this idle problem ? and what do I do when the car needs work done on Saleens end of it with them not in Irvine ? He also said something about Ford buying the Saleen name but not wanting the company, just the name.Is there anything to this ?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
ksizzle
1st Gear Member

Default RE: hi and low idle

Hey i got an 05 3v and have the same prob. cant remember if it has always done that. Ill be driving then put it in neutral as im about to stop but the rpms will remain just above 1k until im completely stopped (very weird, soon as im dead stopped thats when it drops) then it will drop then bounce back up and down (not all the time though) Im stuck like you and dont know what to do.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
SALEEN100
1st Gear Member

I THINK SALEEN STILL HANDLES CARS AND CUSTOMER CARS IN IRVINE THERE THE SPEED LAB NOW LIKE BACK IN THE DAYS HOW THEY USE TO DO IT CALL AND ASK FOR CARLOS OR BILL VAUGHN
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
KC

I heard from the dealer, they broughtthe computer to Saleen, they flashed it, they put it back in and the new program got wiped out. The tech from Saleenwent to the dealer and did his thing right in the car, this time it took. He said if I had kept driving it the way it was I would have damaged the engine after a while.Glad thats taken care of !The noise that I heard from the rear end at 60 mph was the ring and pinion set,and that was ordered from Saleen today. Also ordered the watts recall parts,that should take careof the under carrage noise.Two weeks without my PJ !
Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Get a handheld tuner and load that tune into it. Then you can load in the tune yourself, and have room for a custom tune.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:29 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

KC and Polk, I just recieved my Watts Link kit from JDM, includes the updated part(s) I believe. I was hoping with correct installation that it didn't make noise, as that's what I gathered from the previous posts I read, as the Saleen version has the harder rubber, not the hard eurothane as other kits. Does your unit make noise? Anyone else that has it please let me know before install. Thank you, Erik
Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM
ksizzle
1st Gear Member

Hey KC does my problem sound similar to yours? should I give saleen a call and see what I can do?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

I don't have the watts link on my car, but it makes sense that the rubber would have less NVH than the poly bushings.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM
KC

Ksizzle, I think the problem with my PJ was due to the sport tune that Saleen gave the car.I know nothing of this system and dont know if yours has the same type of tune or whatever it includes. Wish I could have been some help to you. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 PM
teamgsxr
2nd Gear Member

The Saleen Watts link and the JDM watts link are the same ones.

Quick Reply: hi and low idle