Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

kooks headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:56 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: kooks headers?

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

Yellow is just mad because he took his car to his world class tuner that is the best at what he does, and with all his mods he managed to put LESS RWHP than a STOCK S281SC, and then refused to get a tune elsewhere to correct it. Hope your tuner has more luck with your cobra engine!
Is this possible???

Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Yellow Fever
3rd Gear Member

Yellow is just mad because he took his car to his world class tuner that is the best at what he does, and with all his mods he managed to put LESS RWHP than a STOCK S281SC, and then refused to get a tune elsewhere to correct it. Hope your tuner has more luck with your cobra engine!
[/align][/align]Listen punk. The tuner that I used is the best there is where I come from. Hehas a degree in Mechanical Engineering. And has been tuning cars longer than you've been wiping your own a$$. I also don't work for the company that designed this POS blower.[/align]So I'm sure your tuner spent countless hours trying to make your tiny little blower work.[/align]Why doesn't one of your tuners take a trip to Calgary and show Matt how to tune a car.[/align]Then we can all be as fast as you are. I'll admit that I have complaned about this POS far too long/far too often.When I was at the WSC in St. Louis in May. I never talked to one person who would recommend the Series IV to anyone.I'm sure even JDM would say the same.As they have told me personally on the phone.I must call BS to those who claim more than maybe 320(Dyno Jet ) RWHP with the Series IV.I am NOT referring to the Series VI. As I'm sure they are much better.[/align]
Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Tell me how you really feel Yellow, or wait, let me just post what you sent me.

Hey STUPID. Where do you suggest I go to get my car re-tuned. Do you think I enjoyed paying over $4000.00 for this supercharger. Have it installed by a reputable installer. And then have it tuned by ( yes ) a reputable tuner. Just to have these **** poor numbers. It wasn't my intention to have this happen. And I'm not impressed at all at the outcome of these numbers. As I suspect nobody would. You work for Saleen. So I don't expect anything other than your childish comments anyway. I have installed high quality mods along with this S/C and these are the best results I can get. I have made my point quite clear what I think of this system to everyone that is interested. And have changed alot of decisions as to what blower they go with. And believe me Saleens are not even close to what I recommend. And I'm not some snot nose punk like you. I am in my mid 40's and have been around the performance circle a long time. Have a nice day.
Let's make 1 thing clear. You are completely misinformed.

I have tried repeatedly to help you fix your issue and not once have you taken my advice on how to correct it, so the burden is on you. There are plenty of people making more power than you with SERIES TWO blowers. You should be making more power on your blower without a retune with the mods you list, this leads me to believe that your tuner who as you explained to me has experiance in tuning corvettes has no idea how to tune a Mustang. I am sure he know's a great deal about what he does on other cars but the results speak for themselves.

I can think of 4 people off the top of my head that I know for a fact have dyno sheets pushing over 350hp /400lbs of torque with a series 4, myself included, with half the mods you haveand I will post it tomorrow just to prove you wrong.

My tuner, Jim D'Amore, spent less than 1 day tuning my car and 1 other car to get the numbers we achieved. I can tell you right now with similar mods like your car I could get close to the block limits in HP.

As I, and pretty much everyone else has said here, your tune is bad.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

I have tried repeatedly to help you fix your issue and not once have you taken my advice on how to correct it, so the burden is on you. There are plenty of people making more power than you with SERIES TWO blowers. You should be making more power on your blower without a retune with the mods you list, this leads me to believe that your tuner who as you explained to me has experiance in tuning corvettes has no idea how to tune a Mustang. I am sure he know's a great deal about what he does on other cars but the results speak for themselves.

I can think of 4 people off the top of my head that I know for a fact have dyno sheets pushing over 350hp /400lbs of torque with a series 4, myself included, with half the mods you haveand I will post it tomorrow just to prove you wrong.

My tuner, Jim D'Amore, spent less than 1 day tuning my car and 1 other car to get the numbers we achieved. I can tell you right now with similar mods like your car I could get close to the block limits in HP.

To quote from Cool Hand Luke:
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smoothy

To quote from Cool Hand Luke:
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it.
Haha, funny post right there. Cool Hand Luke... also reminds me of G'n'R's Civil War.....

Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

ORIGINAL: Yellow Fever
I must call BS to those who claim more than maybe 320(Dyno Jet ) RWHP with the Series IV.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM
StangKing
2nd Gear Member

Yellow just has anger issues....[:'(]
Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Yellow, I know you must have spend too much money already on this mess but why not take it to a tuner that Jared recommends to put all of this to bed?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
teamgsxr
2nd Gear Member

+1
Why not just call JDM and have it done right. Obviously Jared has the dyno sheet to prove it. Anyone can say they can tune a car, but few can do it correctly and JDM is one of them.
That's just my opinion.
www.teamjdm.com
Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Yellow Fever
3rd Gear Member

Look, I apologize for being an a$$hole. But I am/was very frustrated. Maybe the tuner did make an error.
But I doubt it. I would love nothing more than to wheel into JDM to get it re-tuned. But I live several
thousand miles away from them.So I'll keep my big mouth shut from now on.Red_ Devil may be entirely
correct.But I trust him( my tuner ). He does tune Corvette's. But mainly tunes Mustangs.

Quick Reply: kooks headers?