Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

I think I have a lemon! Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: I think I have a lemon! Need advice!

Severnrc, I understand the law and why it was enacted. I am not saying you don't deserve a new car NOR am I saying you should just live with the problems your car has. I am saying that the issues your car has are all un-related to each other and could be fixed. One issue may have led to another, but they can ALL BE FIXED.
With that said, you should not buy a new car and need to have these repairs done!
The law sort-of says that a car that falls into this catagory has 'ghosts' and thereforeshould not or cannotbe fixed.

I will make no friends with this argument and will not press the issue. But this law is an excuse to those who cannot diagnose or solve problems. Ifthe problemshad been properly diagnosedand comprehensive repairs made, these issues would not plague your ride. They would have been fixed initially and not led to other issues.

I am sorry to hear you have these problems, and hope you get it resolved soon

Jazzer
Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 AM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jazzer The Cat

Severnrc, I understand the law and why it was enacted. I am not saying you don't deserve a new car NOR am I saying you should just live with the problems your car has. I am saying that the issues your car has are all un-related to each other and could be fixed. One issue may have led to another, but they can ALL BE FIXED.
[align=center]With that said, you should not buy a new car and need to have these repairs done![/align]
The law sort-of says that a car that falls into this catagory has 'ghosts' and thereforeshould not or cannotbe fixed.

I will make no friends with this argument and will not press the issue. But this law is an excuse to those who cannot diagnose or solve problems. Ifthe problemshad been properly diagnosedand comprehensive repairs made, these issues would not plague your ride. They would have been fixed initially and not led to other issues.

I am sorry to hear you have these problems, and hope you get it resolved soon

Jazzer
Jazzer, I completely respect that comment. Thanks for the good wishes in getting it fixed.

Finish Line can't seem to fix my differential noise or the cruise control issue...I would really like to drive another extreme to see if "that's just how they are" or if it mine is the problem. Mine has the Max-Grip 4.10 in it.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

severnrc Please let us know if you get a fix for the cruise control issue. I almost nevre use my cruise control function, but happened to use it a few weeks ago during a long road trip. I think I may have experienced the surge you mentioned.

carpen $12k off sticker is exactly the type of discount I was thinking of for that type of mileage. Good deal.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 PM
thcarpen
2nd Gear Member

Mine has the 3.73 maxi and it had real bad issues and finishline replaced the clutch packs and ever since then, it has been real smooth and quiet and even had them replace the fuel pump because of surging. I know you have a different fuel pump so cant help you there. Lets go cruise sometime. Let me know. Cheers
Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: abbas

Extremes generally have about 200 to 250 miles on them when bought new. The sticker on my window. from Saleen, said that it has 246 miles when it left the factory.

My PCM was flashed 3 times when before I got to pickup the car. They were all incorrect flashes. Thank god for Billy Tally at the time because I emailed him from this forum and he took care of it for me.

same with mine. I has a sticker stating it has around 200 on the dash when it comes from the factory.

I am having my PCM reflashed right now as we speak.

personally I wish all my cars (bought new) came with 1000 on the dash alrdy broken in, the m6 takes 1200 to be broken in before you can gun it. i wish someone would break it in for me!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: AL_TOON
'....i wish someone would break it in for me!'
[sm=hiya.gif]
Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elburrito99

severnrc Please let us know if you get a fix for the cruise control issue. I almost nevre use my cruise control function, but happened to use it a few weeks ago during a long road trip. I think I may have experienced the surge you mentioned.

carpen $12k off sticker is exactly the type of discount I was thinking of for that type of mileage. Good deal.
el, in your case the surge is almost certainly from the tune (or possibly the vacuum line routing). See this link for explanation (after replacing the asterisk with theletter removed by the censor program here!): http://www.m*dularf*rds.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55200

I had the same type of surging, but since installation ofa JDM tune and vacuum line kit, oncruise control my car is nowrock steady and smooth as butta. ;-)
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 AM
127shtry127

Nothing to be gained by hanging onto this car. I believe in a lemon law case you are entitled to the price you paid. In your case it was sticker. With the $$ back you could go buy a new car, I'd wait until next year when the new car is released. It will likely make the current stuff depreciate quite a bit. If you don't like the new car (ASC styling leaves a bit to be desired) you can likely find a low mileage Extreme that has already been sorted. Hard to believe all these cars could be shipped with the incorrect calibration. Makes me think the people that had their heads screwed down tight have been let go and a bunch a jungle animals remain to piece together cars.

Good luck either way you go.[:@]
Old 06-29-2008, 08:50 AM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

I am in the process of trying to find a lawyer...

Differential noise keeps getting louder (again) and louder every day I drive it!

I will keep you guys updated.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: severnrc

I am in the process of trying to find a lawyer...

Differential noise keeps getting louder (again) and louder every day I drive it!

I will keep you guys updated.
Maybe someone who knows what they're doing should check the differential.

Quick Reply: I think I have a lemon! Need advice!