Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

well id say we are both covered!! i wish there was something that could be done for some of our saleen brothers.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 AM
teamgsxr
2nd Gear Member

To those who are thinking of taking their cars for service to Future Ford of Concord.

I spoke with Todd yesterday 7/28 and he said that he would be more than happy to take care of Saleen owners needs. He did mention to be patient as Saleen is taking some time calling dealers back for approval lately.

It seems that Saleen is in deny everything first mode until the dealer persist before aprroving anything.

Todd's # is (888) 719-2722 2285 ask for Todd in service and make sure you mention that Jorge Lopez ex-saleen tech guy sent you and he said he will take good care of you in any way he can.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teamgsxr

To those who are thinking of taking their cars for service to Future Ford of Concord.

I spoke with Todd yesterday 7/28 and he said that he would be more than happy to take care of Saleen owners needs. He did mention to be patient as Saleen is taking some time calling dealers back for approval lately.

It seems that Saleen is in deny everything first mode until the dealer persist before aprroving anything.

Todd's # is (888) 719-2722 2285 ask for Todd in service and make sure you mention that Jorge Lopez ex-saleen tech guy sent you and he said he will take good care of you in any way he can.
From one Lopez to another...Thanks George!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Curz
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teamgsxr

That is echoed at least 2 other dealers I know personally of and one of them dropped Saleen. WTF is the deal
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

So, here is an update with my Exhaust. Everyone should read their manuals very carefully. In the first few pages of the manual it says that all the parts of an Extreme have a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. In the last few pages, it says that several of the parts INCLUDING the Exhaust have a 3 year/50,000 mile warranty. In fact, CA law says that any part involved with the emissions from the manufacturer (which Saleen is ) has to have a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty. So Saleen is sending me a new exhaust, now the problem is whether I should be paying for the installation or them. I think it should be them as no where in the manual does it say that parts are covered for X amount and labor for Y amount (like your TV).

Their head warranty manager is out of town this week so I will be calling him next week.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Great deduction, Mr. Holmes

Jazzerlock
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I can not take credit for this find...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: abbas

Funny thing about saying that I agreed to the warranty... actually I didnt. Granted I didn't read the warranty manual for Saleen but the dealership people told me that everything is 36 month/36,000 mile except the tranny and engine.When I told this to the Saleen warranty rep, he literally laughed andtold me to ask the sales guy (that sold me my car) to pay for my muffler... [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] All those guys have quit and moved on. More or less I am SOL.

But in reality, you would figure that if you pay $70+k for a car, it would be nice get better warranty. Hindsight, I wish I would have bought the SC and upgraded it to the 550 hp as the warranty would still apply to all the parts. Expensive lessons learned for my next car.

David - I am going toPM you regarding Capitol Ford.
Rule number one when buying anything....what is written on the paper you sign is what you're agreeing to. If it's not on the page, it's not part of the agreement. What the salesman did is get you on a verbal agreement...which in most states is not legally binding and even then you have to prove it happened.

Eitherway, find a saleen dealership that is willing to help you (if you can). As much as I love the look and ride of Rousch or Saleen, in the end they are AFTERMARKET and are subject to aftermarket warranties. I'd rather go with a GT500 or some other Ford product that can be serviced at any dealership and not just authorized ones.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Funny thing about saying that I agreed to the warranty... actually I didnt. Granted I didn't read the warranty manual for Saleen but the dealership people told me that everything is 36 month/36,000 mile except the tranny and engine.When I told this to the Saleen warranty rep, he literally laughed andtold me to ask the sales guy (that sold me my car) to pay for my muffler... [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] All those guys have quit and moved on. More or less I am SOL.

But in reality, you would figure that if you pay $70+k for a car, it would be nice get better warranty. Hindsight, I wish I would have bought the SC and upgraded it to the 550 hp as the warranty would still apply to all the parts. Expensive lessons learned for my next car.

David - I am going toPM you regarding Capitol Ford.
Rule number one when buying anything....what is written on the paper you sign is what you're agreeing to. If it's not on the page, it's not part of the agreement. What the salesman did is get you on a verbal agreement...which in most states is not legally binding and even then you have to prove it happened.

Eitherway, find a saleen dealership that is willing to help you (if you can). As much as I love the look and ride of Rousch or Saleen, in the end they are AFTERMARKET and are subject to aftermarket warranties. I'd rather go with a GT500 or some other Ford product that can be serviced at any dealership and not just authorized ones.
Actually, you are WRONG about Saleen. They claim that they are a manufacturing company so they will have to put up with more agreements.

Saleen dealerships dont really want to help you as they have to wait 4-5 months to get paid.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

So, here is an update with my Exhaust. Everyone should read their manuals very carefully. In the first few pages of the manual it says that all the parts of an Extreme have a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. In the last few pages, it says that several of the parts INCLUDING the Exhaust have a 3 year/50,000 mile warranty. In fact, CA law says that any part involved with the emissions from the manufacturer (which Saleen is ) has to have a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty. So Saleen is sending me a new exhaust, now the problem is whether I should be paying for the installation or them. I think it should be them as no where in the manual does it say that parts are covered for X amount and labor for Y amount (like your TV).

Their head warranty manager is out of town this week so I will be calling him next week.
he is always out of town... he is in the process of relocating from Irvine, CA to Troy, MI.

Quick Reply: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment