Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

'08 S302E transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Default '08 S302E transmission

Hi all,

I have been following some of the woes the GT500 folks have had with their clutches, flywheels and transmissions. I believe I read that the '08 S302E's share at least some of the same transmission parts. I think the clutch and flywheel are different, but can anyone confirm what else is common between the two transmissions?

OK, I'm getting ahead of myself - because of the bad weather, the S302E isn't even here yet, so I'm having to content myself with tinking about it rather than driving it!

By the way - any other S302E owners on here?

Chris.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

the transmissions only share the casings. all other parts are "specific".
Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Transmision in the 08 Extremes comes right from Ford and is the same exact thing that goes into the Cobra (T6060). Flywheel and clutch are different though.
06 and 07 it is the trans right out of the Pontiac GTO (T56).

Thank you

Jess
Old 12-23-2008, 08:54 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
Originally Posted by Jess Albright
Transmision in the 08 Extremes comes right from Ford and is the same exact thing that goes into the Cobra (T6060). Flywheel and clutch are different though.
OK, some dispute here. On digging further into the GT500 transmission problems, it seems that the issuess are all caused by the clutch and flywheel, so the S302E should not have any of the same troubles.

I'm saying goodbye to my trusty S281 shortly - stay tuned for news on the S302E arrival!

Chris.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 PM
J.R. JET

I bought mine last May. Bumper#21. Arguably the best all around machine I have ever driven. After the 500 mile breakin, we took it on the most incredible 1000 mile mountain road trip. Coeur d' Alene Id., Missoula Mt., Salmon Id., Chalis Id., Stanely Id., Sun Valley Id., Stanely Id., Banks Id., McCall Id., Lewiston Id. Coeur d' Alene. There is not one thing I would change on that car. You will not be disappointed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I had the invisashield clear bra put on right away and bought a DustTop indoor cover.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by J.R. JET
I bought mine last May. Bumper#21. Arguably the best all around machine I have ever driven. After the 500 mile breakin, we took it on the most incredible 1000 mile mountain road trip. Coeur d' Alene Id., Missoula Mt., Salmon Id., Chalis Id., Stanely Id., Sun Valley Id., Stanely Id., Banks Id., McCall Id., Lewiston Id. Coeur d' Alene. There is not one thing I would change on that car. You will not be disappointed. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I had the invisashield clear bra put on right away and bought a DustTop indoor cover.
Cheers J.R., I can;t wait - great minds think alike, the dealer just installed the clear-bra for me, and the car cover was waiting under he Christmas tree. No car as yet, all the snow up north has slowed things down a little - I don't think she'll be here until next year now... :-< I can't wait!!!

What color is your car, and is she a coupe or convertible? There were few enough 2008 S302E2 made (reportedly 31, plus 25 Stirlings), that I hope to be able to list them all...

Chris.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 PM
J.R. JET

Chris, It's a Black coupe. Somehow I bumped into a guy that sends a few cars to Barret-Jackson every year. They have a guru in the detail shop. My car was sealed right away. then polished then waxed. A little work was done after our Sun Valley trip. All I use is a California Duster. The car looks great. No runs, no streaks, no errors!!!! My cover also arrived way before the car showed up.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission features six forward speeds and one reverse speed. It is derived from the Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission. The forward helical cut gears are synchronized while the reverse gear operates through a fully-synchronized constant-mesh system. The TR-6060 sports removable wear pads on the shift forks, and uses aluminum alloys for the main case, extension housing, and clutch housing. It is manufactured by Transmission Technologies Corporation and is rated for 600 ft·lbf (810 N·m) of torque.
Jess Albright is in a top possition at Saleen as I remember from talking to her, it seems for the 2008 model year the Saleen Extreme shares much more than the GT500's transmission casing as I pointed out (which would be the T-56 transmission) but is instead it's the same unit besides the clutch and flywheel.

cool.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Jess Albright is in a top possition at Saleen as I remember from talking to her, it seems for the 2008 model year the Saleen Extreme shares much more than the GT500's transmission casing as I pointed out (which would be the T-56 transmission) but is instead it's the same unit besides the clutch and flywheel.

cool.
legion , jess albright is a him not a her, and yes he definately knows his stuff.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

^good thing it's hard for him to know my e-mail address from my forum name then, he'd probably cancel my warranty work I'm about to call in for that.

lol

Last edited by Legion5; 12-27-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: '08 S302E transmission