Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen E-bay Store Closed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen E-bay Store Closed

Shut Down? Whats up with that? I sure hope this is not a ominous sign!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Could be. Says here Saleen's whole operation is for sale.

TROY, MICHIGAN, November 11, 2008 – Saleen Automotive, America’s premiere automotive lifestyle
brand, today announced that is has retained an investment banking advisor to explore the sale of its global
auto operations and to assess other strategic initiatives.

Saleen has engaged William Blair & Company, L.L.C. to provide independent advice to the management
and board of directors as the company continues toward a sale. The board has set a tentative timetable to
receive preliminary indications of interest from prospective parties over the next two months and plans on
finalizing a transaction in early 2009.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

crap! I was seriously going to buy some of the driving shoes.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
ScremnS281
2nd Gear Member

I was going to get the forged wheels for 1499 but decided against it for fear of them getting my money and me getting nothing.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ScremnS281
I was going to get the forged wheels for 1499 but decided against it for fear of them getting my money and me getting nothing.
Esanger got a set, and had no issues with them as far as I know...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Could be. Says here Saleen's whole operation is for sale.
saleen has some very interested buyers as we speak dont assume the worst!!! its a bad time for everyone! and by the way there 09 extremes are out early and there usually 8 months behind normal production because there handbuilt!! so there moving foward, do you think guys like jess albright to just name one would be bending over backwards to take care of our warranty issues if saleen new they were going under? i think not ! customer service is at an all time high at saleen and thats not the way a company would act if they didnt think they could hang in there. i own a saleen, im keeping my saleen, il by another saleen.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Bought a set of the extreme wheels. They were shipped to me and got them within 4 days of the end of the auction. Got a polo shirt too..

I just ordered some parts from them today as well. I think the whole ebay thing wasn't working out..
Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
ScremnS281
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by esanger
Bought a set of the extreme wheels. They were shipped to me and got them within 4 days of the end of the auction. Got a polo shirt too..

I just ordered some parts from them today as well. I think the whole ebay thing wasn't working out..

Thats good to know... I definalty hope Saleen weathers the storm. Can't wait to see the 2010!!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I hope they weather the storm too. I want to buy a supercharger next year.

But my experience with closing businesses is that they operate under a status quo until the moment the hammer drops. Nobody knows its coming until BAM and then in one swoop its all over.

But Saleen's assets are valuable. They may end up selling to someone else who picks up the flag runs with it. I'd be real surprised if they just up and ceased to exist.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I hope the worst doesn't come but it looks grime. Would love to see how the 2010 is going to look.

Quick Reply: Saleen E-bay Store Closed