Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

saleens best is now gone!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Default saleens best is now gone!!!!!

well guys it looks like its coming to the end! our very good friend jess allbright the person responsible for turning customer service around at saleen has been let go, his last day was thurs. now i dont know how well some of you new him and considering i am 50 years old and probably older then most of us here i can say with conviction when you get to my age you can count how many people on one hand that are truly loyal and have honor and pride in what they do !!! well jess allbright was all of that and more!! we will all miss you jess and especially me!! unfortunatly bill vaughn is holding up the entire tech and warranty division single handed, and im sorry to say who knows how long that will last.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:05 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sftdyna
well guys it looks like its coming to the end! our very good friend jess allbright the person responsible for turning customer service around at saleen has been let go, his last day was thurs. now i dont know how well some of you new him and considering i am 50 years old and probably older then most of us here i can say with conviction when you get to my age you can count how many people on one hand that are truly loyal and have honor and pride in what they do !!! well jess allbright was all of that and more!! we will all miss you jess and especially me!! unfortunatly bill vaughn is holding up the entire tech and warranty division single handed, and im sorry to say who knows how long that will last.
Wow. So much for the great customer service...or more importantly "everything is fine here at Saleen"
Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by unclemilti
Wow. So much for the great customer service...or more importantly "everything is fine here at Saleen"
dude i spoke with him when he was on his way home thursday night, he was shocked as he believed they were going to get a buyer and all would be good! now as you know saleen has not officially commented and jess being stand up right to the end has failed to disclose what he thinks saleens position actually is, i for the first time dont think i need anyone to spell it out. jess and i had as much faith as we could in saleens ability to pull threw and i would even like to think im wrong!!! NOW ITS JUST A WAITING GAME!!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

dude i spoke with him when he was on his way home thursday night, he was shocked as he believed they were going to get a buyer and all would be good! now as you know saleen has not officially commented and jess being stand up right to the end has failed to disclose what he thinks saleens position actually is, i for the first time dont think i need anyone to spell it out. jess and i had as much faith as we could in saleens ability to pull threw and i would even like to think im wrong!!! NOW ITS JUST A WAITING GAME!!
Well that is too bad.

Jess did seem like he was trying to do the right thing.

I would be surprised if Saleen finds a buyer in this depressed economy especially with the sports car market in disarray.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

well guys it looks like its coming to the end! our very good friend jess allbright the person responsible for turning customer service around at saleen has been let go, his last day was thurs.
Wow, that sucks! Condolences to Jess, he was one of the big reasons that I finally decided to purchase a new Saleen! Were there other people let go?

Chris.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
Wow, that sucks! Condolences to Jess, he was one of the big reasons that I finally decided to purchase a new Saleen! Were there other people let go?

Chris.
as far as i know everyone is gone except ned, bill, and a few others hanging on by a string, and im sure some of the big wigs are still there chris, mark, and im sure im missing someone.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

as far as i know everyone is gone except ned, bill, and a few others hanging on by a string, and im sure some of the big wigs are still there chris, mark, and im sure im missing someone.
Well, it really sounds like the beginning of the end then. Anyone want to speculate as to what this means for those of us with outstanding warranties?

Chris.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:45 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Well, it really sounds like the beginning of the end then. Actually on thinking about this a little more, I don't really understand - if they are close to bankruptcy, then why don't they just file chapter 11? Doesn't seem to make sense to lay people off to the point where they can't function any more.

Any guesses as to what that means for those of us with warranties? Unless they actually file bankruptcy, then they are still liable for the warranty support - but if they have no staff to actually support those warranties, then that makes things a little tricky!

Chris.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctann
Well, it really sounds like the beginning of the end then. Actually on thinking about this a little more, I don't really understand - if they are close to bankruptcy, then why don't they just file chapter 11? Doesn't seem to make sense to lay people off to the point where they can't function any more.

Any guesses as to what that means for those of us with warranties? Unless they actually file bankruptcy, then they are still liable for the warranty support - but if they have no staff to actually support those warranties, then that makes things a little tricky!

Chris.
well i assumed chapter 11 was the next move, i guess they just felt they could down size further, and once again there has been no official statement about any of this!!! and like i posted before i hope im wrong.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

That's just depressing. Jess has been a tremendous help to me since even before I purchased my vehicle. He was my only link into Saleen corporate. I truly hope he lands on his feet quickly.

Quick Reply: saleens best is now gone!!!!!