Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Steve Saleen takes action and protects his valuable name

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
NotSteve

Originally Posted by ctann
Umm, how can you know that? Unless you have insider information of course...

Chris.
"The most valuable commodity I know of is information, wouldn't you agree?" Gordon Gekko, Wall Street (1987)

I am smarter than the average bear, and I test well against 5th graders

Last edited by NotSteve; 02-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NotSteve
"The most valuable commodity I know of is information, wouldn't you agree?" Gordon Gekko, Wall Street (1987)
From wikipedia: "In 2003, the AFI named him [Gordon Gekko] number 24 of the top 50 movie villains of all time." Nice choice of role model!

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument here, I will just refer you to Jason's post.. I'm not too sure what your agenda is, but it is pretty obvious you have one, and I don't think this board needs any more of that...

Chris.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Saleen326
2nd Gear Member

From wikipedia: "In 2003, the AFI named him [Gordon Gekko] number 24 of the top 50 movie villains of all time." Nice choice of role model!

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument here, I will just refer you to Jason's post.. I'm not too sure what your agenda is, but it is pretty obvious you have one, and I don't think this board needs any more of that...

Chris.
While I agree with this statement, it's also pretty clear that David has an agenda. Both just need to lay them aside so that this forum does not continue to be a pissing match.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:46 AM
NotSteve

Chris.
Chris,
Interesting list, thanks for posting. No, GG is not my roll model, but it was simply a quote that applied to the situation.

Do people have the right to know the truth?

On July 17, 2009 SMS Supercars and Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club issued the press release that was posted to start this thread, as noted in the original post.

One might think that this was done to take away from the attention that SPV was about to get at Mustang Week that same week when they introduced the Saleen 435S, as SMS was to introduce their car as well, but was at Mustang week with just a poster. One can formulate their own thoughts on this as they choose.

Please note that SMS did not file the lawsuit on or before July 17, 2009, and did not file for over two months after that date. September 29, 2009 was the date the lawsuit was filed.

What makes it interesting is that Steve sold the rights to Saleen over 10 years earlier, and no longer owned the name Saleen. He sold out on June 22, 1998 to be exact. I guess he forgot about that.

The posting of the results of the case getting tossed are simply trying to put an end to the chapter on Steve/SMS versus Saleen/SPV, that is unless I missed where Steve met the 21 day deadline. Then we can continue the discussion.

Spread the love, spread the truth.

Last edited by NotSteve; 02-06-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Spell check.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Saleen326
While I agree with this statement, it's also pretty clear that David has an agenda. Both just need to lay them aside so that this forum does not continue to be a pissing match.
I agree, because I don't I have a side.. and I don't like pissing matches
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I agree, because I don't I have a side.. and I don't like pissing matches
The voice of reason speaks. I hope the members listen.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
jdivad
2nd Gear Member

The original post is a press release from last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

While... at the end of the day... we publicly don't know exactly what MJA purchased and what they did not from Saleen, Inc/HPA. We know what is assumed... but that doesn't mean that's what they bought and that doesn't mean HPA had the right to sell in the first place.

Courts exist for a reason.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Yes, they exist to basically say what you are inferring is totally wrong.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
NotSteve

Originally Posted by jdivad
The original post is a press release from last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

While... at the end of the day... we publicly don't know exactly what MJA purchased and what they did not from Saleen, Inc/HPA. We know what is assumed... but that doesn't mean that's what they bought and that doesn't mean HPA had the right to sell in the first place.

Courts exist for a reason.
Publishing libel is a crime. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are publishing something as fact you should not assume.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Guys & Gals,

Ask yourself "Does this conversation benefit the users of Mustang Forums or specifically the SRB section?"

I don't think it does.. I don't mind posting information, but I don't care to read "arguments/discussions" about car companies.

Quick Reply: Steve Saleen takes action and protects his valuable name