Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Looking for stock Saleen exhaust for 2002

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

Default Looking for stock Saleen exhaust for 2002

I am looking around to see if anyoue has a stock catback system off of there Saleen. I am looking for the regular exhaust not the center exhaust. So if anyone has done a upgrade to there Saleen exhaust and still has their stock stuff laying around let me know. I actually only need the axle back systems, so after the mufflers. This is for a 99-04. Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

As I was reading this thread there was a link to Borla at the bottom of the page.

You can order it from them.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

you are really kind of rude my friend. First off i said flowmaster in the other post but knew it was borla. Second off saleen had them custom made by borla. They used the stock ford exhaust until you get to the axle pipes. Borla custom bent the axle pipes and custom made a longer hanger on the tips. Saleen offers this axleback pipe with tip for 699.95. Now tell me why they would have them customize the pipe and hanger bracket when you say a GT exhaust would fit fine? Come on guy ive pu in time and done my research.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

As someone who worked at Saleen, I'll tell you I'm almost positive that the Borla system is straight off the shelf with nothing different than a standard Borla exhaust.. even Magnaflow exhausts that replace them were off the shelf and say Magnaflow right on the tips.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

As this thread is stated i am looking for a stock saleen exhaust to buy. I do not care what you beleive they may have done, i am looking to buy one that maybe someone has pulled off and installed something else.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Red_Devil

Why would they pull it off and install something that according to you wont fit?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
tmclaas
2nd Gear Member

I can custom make it to fit myself, so... so can someone else. I am just wanted a stock on to make my life easier
Old 10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red_Devil
As someone who worked at Saleen, I'll tell you I'm almost positive that the Borla system is straight off the shelf with nothing different than a standard Borla exhaust.. even Magnaflow exhausts that replace them were off the shelf and say Magnaflow right on the tips.
Speaking of exhaust, Red, what kind of catted X pipe do you have?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Red_Devil

I have an American Racing Headers X-pipe
Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tmclaas
you are really kind of rude my friend. First off i said flowmaster in the other post but knew it was borla. Second off saleen had them custom made by borla. They used the stock ford exhaust until you get to the axle pipes. Borla custom bent the axle pipes and custom made a longer hanger on the tips. Saleen offers this axleback pipe with tip for 699.95. Now tell me why they would have them customize the pipe and hanger bracket when you say a GT exhaust would fit fine? Come on guy ive pu in time and done my research.
* Well, you did say Flowmaster, and that is clearly 100% wrong, as you noted. I simply corrected the info for you.

* Saleen did NOT have Borla or Magnaflow "custom make" anything for the S281 cars, the parts were off the shelf.

* I have done plenty of research myself. First, as a 10 year owner. Second, as somebody who has spoken with hundreds of "new edge" Saleen owners. Third, as somebody who has spoken with more than a dozen of people who have worked for Saleen during the last 10 years. Lastly, as somebody who has been in the factory/assembly line more than a handful of times.

* BTW you have a former Saleen employee resonding to you in this thread that the exhaust was off the shelf Borla/Magnafow.

Originally Posted by tmclaas
As this thread is stated i am looking for a stock saleen exhaust to buy. I do not care what you beleive they may have done, i am looking to buy one that maybe someone has pulled off and installed something else.
* You want to buy a "stock Saleen exhaust"? Piece of cake. A few clicks or a call to Borla/Magnaflow and it will be at your door in a few days.

* It is not a question of "what I think they may have done", it is a fact of what came on the car. The cars came with Borla/Magnaflow depending on when in production versus where Saleen Inc was with paying their bills at the time.

Best of luck with your hunt for exhaust. At least now you know what came on the cars, and where to find an OE replacement.

Quick Reply: Looking for stock Saleen exhaust for 2002