Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

roush pulley question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Snakes709

Default roush pulley question

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of buying a 2008 Roushcharged TrakPak Mustang. I'm already thinking what mods i can do. I love the sound of supercharges and the power it gives. So my first mod will be CAI intake. My question is what size pullies are avalible (if any) I havent been able to find any, stock pulley size is what 73mm (2.87).
Old 06-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Snakes709

anyone? not a very talkitive crowed are you guys?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'd highly suggest driving it a season first. There is a lot of car there right out of the box, then see if the power is the place you need more. Didn't the RTP have the cold air kit on it already with the blower set up? I was thinking it was standard with the blower. Not a lot you can do to 'mod' one. They come set up with big brakes/ coil over suspension, a nice power package under the hood, good looks, wheels and an upgraded interior.

I'd suggest getting a set of R compound tires on it first (17x9 with 275/40 tires seems to be a good start), and look at dialing in the wing angle to suit your needs.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Snakes709

I keep reading things about how it has a CAI but can you get any better ones or at least something that looks better. I hate the closed box look. As for suspension, i wont need to upgrade that at all. Already has everything i wanted. But im gonna have to do something to it to keep my hands busy...lol. Is there any other pullies avaliable for it? and whats the stock one 73mm?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The air inlet tube does have a cone filter from Roush you can get for it, but it's not worth the price nor the gains (minimal) if you ask me.

Stock pulley size is 3.75" if I remember right. There are smaller units you can get if you need the extra power - many step to the 2.57". There is also a TVS blower upgrade if you really feel the need. There are a few places to look. Stage 3 Motorsports, VMP Tuning and Blow By Racing are the places I'd start.

Here's the 2.57" set up.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Snakes709

Does the 2.5 set up require bigger injectors. Sorry for sounding like a newb, i know all about flow rates vs. pulley sizes and all that stuff. I just dont know how the mustang and the M90 are with moding. One more question, if i went with a different intake filter or box, will that give more of a whine from the blower? Thats my favorite sound on cars is the sound of a blower.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

You don't really gain any whine until you pulley or port the blower. Almost any mod you do requires a new tune on those things. One of those things where I'd get all my mods lined up, then do one big install and retune of it.

Check out this link, it should help you pick out some options and see some prices vs output gains.

450 hp package:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=239&parent=97

500 hp package:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=240&parent=97
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Snakes709

Thanks. I know dropping pulley size and injectors require a tune but does getting a different intake filter require one? On my SC Cobalt and 370z i just unpluged the battery and the computer adjusted the tune by itself. See im getting really confused on what the car already has and what is avaliable for it...keep seeing parts for sale that are already in the car.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Yeah, almost anything on those things requires a fresh tune. Downside of technology these days.

You can buy any part on the car but the serial number - but it is one of the best loaded cars Roush has put out (in my humble opinion). There are a few good threads and other Trak Pak owners on fnsweet.com if you want to poke around the Roush forum a bit.

The TP is something I really wanted to do for a long time, and just never got around to it $$ wise. They are a BLAST to drive and really push.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Snakes709

Yea my only regret is, i love doing my own work on the car and it already comes that way..lol

Quick Reply: roush pulley question