Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Buying a 2002 Roush tomorrow, Need some advice please

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 PM
KokomoeJoe

Default Buying a 2002 Roush tomorrow, Need some advice please

I am going to buy my first V8 mustang tomorrow,and I am in need of some advice its a 2002 roush as far as stage I or II, not sure. It has upgraded brakes, cold air intake, no supercharger or turbo, I'm sure there are other upgrades these are just some to list quickly. What I need help with is the car has been hit in the rear very lightly, its going to cost less than a grand to fix the exterior, including painting the whole car, but the one thing that is causing me any worry is the transmission. It will not go into a gear without alot of force, so I am hoping a clutch kit will fix the problem, but if not can anyone tell me if the transmissions are the same in a roush stage I and II?? And also could you tell me what kind of transmission. I am paying 4700.00 for the car as it is, I think its a good deal. Please if u guys can spare some time and opinions it would make my life just a little easier. Thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

congrats on the ride bro...
Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Wow you are getting a deal that seems to good to be true. It's a 2002 Roush for 4700.00? Interesting and good luck.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

+1 to snakebite, Even with that damage that price seems way too low. Congrats on the ride.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

$4700 would worry me. If the trans / clutch is bad, it points to the car being cared for poorly. If it's the synchro out, you need the trans done, not just the clutch. Trans is stock.

If it has brakes and the CAI, it's most likely a Stage 2, meaning it will have the Roush suspension as well.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 AM
KokomoeJoe

Thanks for all the opinions guys, I was really worried about the price and the trans, just like everyone else it seemed just too good to be true, and we all know how that goes. I guess it was just my lucky day, but I ended up getting them to knock off another 300.00 for the clutch and they are going to install it free of charge. Checked the VIN and the door jams-it is a true roush, stage 2 on top of it all.The motor seems to be in good shape no leaks or compression loss,the underside of it is super clean, exhaust is in exellent shape, no dings or deep gashes. I guess the easiest way to put it is Im in love with it. I plan on getting some photos on here showing the work in progress, hopfully I might end up with a car as nice as the ones you see here.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^congrats...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Yeah, get some pics up. Show that thing off !!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
KokomoeJoe

What kind of oil, and trans fluid would u guys recommend going with?? I plan on flushing the motor and trans before i ever really get it on the road. Yea for sure gonna swap out al the fluids and was thinking about royal purple but I just dont know, always had good luck out of mobile 1. Is there anything else that is recommended for a car that has set without running. Last thing what would be the first engine mod u guys would do?? Thanks for all the info guys
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'd use what ever the previous owner has been using or step up to Royal Purple.

As for first engine mod, I'd slap on the Roush M90 set up - but that's just me

Quick Reply: Buying a 2002 Roush tomorrow, Need some advice please