Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

SALEEN OR GT500???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:10 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SALEEN OR GT500???

good point[8D]
ORIGINAL: FastToys4Life

haha just kiddin about the engine, just provin that anyone can make s**t up. lol. My 351 is stock except for a set of twisted wedge heads. I was expecting a more enthusiastic response after all that BS. BTW does anyone have a V6 or rolling chassi sn95 to sell for under $3500?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
67CamaroSS

ORIGINAL: diablito

Look guys, this thread kinda pissed me off a little. First of all, its a mustang site, and coming in here talking trash about camaros and c6 corvettes kinda bothers a real mustang enthusiast. I personally don't see why you camaro guys would be hanging out here. May I also ad that I have taken out a few C5 vettes and camaros in my 05 mustang GT at my fathers 1/4 mile track here in Texas .Second, if your so worried about speed, money, and daily drivability do this:

buy a Premium mustang GT: leather, aluminum finish, and the works $28,000.00
vortech super charger, boost up horspower to 450-480. 3,800.00 dlls and installation and programmer is included
buy suspension kit from saleen : price= $1700.00 or so I think
JBA long tube headers and full exhaust form cats to tubes and mufflers= $2000.00 or so
All the little bolt ons= pulleys, CAI, steeda plates= $1000.00
Cervinis eleanor body kit= $3600+paint= $1000.00 or so = $4,600.00

Total amount=41,100=........And let me tell you that you'll have one bad *** 500+HP pony that will eat up the 50,000dollar+ comp like it was breakfast time and the pony was out parting all night and had the munchies. Not to mention all the girls will wanna ride in it.

And you camaro guys out there talking trash, if your camaro was worthy of showing of and talking trash, you would be at a chevy forum and not hiding out with horses.
again wit the hating

im here b/c i was interested in gettina a stang (ordered roush stage 2 vert)
i never trashed, u guys asked, so i told
and the roush is actually my parents (wanted me to figure out which to get and actually get it for them)
I might go ur idea wit the GT for myself, but i wanna see what GM does (if ever)
i am on chevy forums, just wanted info on the stang b4 i got one
and im sure u taken out camaros and vettes, camaros and vettes have taken out stang.......so i dont get what u wrote

pz
Old 11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

everybody needs to stop fighting and just say what they think. I think it all depends on what you want to spend on the car. I like the Z06 but I am not spending $65,000 on a car like that. I like the GT500 but good luck getting your hands on one they will be so hot that when they come out you will not find them enywhere. The Saleen is a good car if you are not going to do alot of mods. If you want something to mod get just a GT. agen it all depends on what you want to spend.

P.S. Good luck finding a GT500
Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 PM
67CamaroSS

got the roush stage 2
might get a procharger in the summer

car will come in mid january b/c we got an 06 'vert
Old 11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
93StangLX
2nd Gear Member

so much for needing it right away?
Old 11-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Nitehawk422
1st Gear Member

I think between these two cars one could make an arguement that either car would be an awesome buy. So I will present mine to you all, some of you may agree with me and others of you will be banging your keyboard in disbelief. Either way I welcome your responses to the post. Each car also has its own special attributes that will appeal to certain mustang drivers, so feel free to express yourself, its Freedom I tell you.
In my opinion the edge goes to the Saleen, but it's a bias opinion because I own one. I believe the Saleen look is awesome, from the S7 inspired Fascia, to the center exit dual trick exhaust, combined with the 20 inch rims this car screams sex appeal. This car is on the edge of not looking like a mustang, and to average Joe, they can identify it as Mustang, but more badass then its GT counterpart. Performance wise you get alot for your money, basically a completely redesigned mustang with the racecraft suspension. The Supercharger adds a modest 135 HP to the stock 300 for 435hp, (that is really modest because my SC completely stock made 394. 8 to the rear wheels). The car is limited in production, so its an instant collector in 20 years if you still have the car. Oh and that interior, is just 2 steps higher then anything that Ford can put in the car, the seats real rich leather all around, and thank god the fix the seat Louves. Some of the negatives now, service is a bitch, Saleen service has a lot to be desired, although basic maintance like oil changes tire rotations and lube jobs are rather easy at a local ford dealership. Other negatives, replacement parts are not mass produced so if you damage something, its pretty hard to get replacement pieces, IE see other posts on this forum.
The GT500, well we are 40 days or so away from its debut. What will we see something like the concept? I hope so, but I am betting it will be tweaked down a bit to try and engage the 40 to 45 thousand dollar crowd. I am thinking the air diffusers are gone, so are the vented and drilled brakes, maybe 18 inch rims instead of 19 and the interior, well the leather dash will be traded out for plastic, and the hood, will not have recessed vents, but flat extrators. These are some of things I have read about, and I saw on a test model about 2 months ago (still a concept but in testing) and these were some of the changes. I would imagine horsepower at an honest 450 or so on the 5.4L V8 with an Eaton Supercharger. The car is a great deal for the money if you can arrange to get one at the targert price. However, with high demand, and the latest numbers at 1 to 2 G t500s per dealership, I am thinking higher then MSRP. The positives the car gets you 300 plus inches of displacement, an eaton supercharger, and enough power to burn the rims off. Another positive great service and replacement parts should not be hard to come by now that the car is not being associated with SVT but more or less with mainstream Ford. The negatives, no more IRS or Cobra badging, something that attracted buyers to the car in the past. An SVT Cobra aways considered a step above the GT, I am not sure the Shelby nameplate will do the same these days as it did in 60s, but we won't discount it just yet. Suspension? Well thats anyone guess, rumor is the stock Mustang Gt, with a larger panard bar because Ford put so much money into the redesign 2 years ago.
All in all this post is getting to long, and either car is great buy. The Saleen being more of a drivers mustang, and the GT 500 being the classic straight line throw you back in your seat muscle car. Either way make your own decision on what is best for you and your wallet. Happy Hunting.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:21 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Why is it gonna be hard to get a new 07 Cobra they only make a certain number every year they are out anyway. I know people will want them but you can just put it on order might take some time but you will get it! But I vote for 04 Cobra Orange Competition if you dont want the GT 500
Old 02-06-2006, 09:03 AM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

I find it hard to believe that a 16 year old kid is racing a 67 Camaro with 650 hp like he says. Just seems a bit out of the norm, my .02. And yes, when you're a Chevy fan and come to a Mustang forum saying GM>Ford then yes you are bashing Mustangs.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:38 AM
JDPai

Vette C6 Z06 if possible
Old 03-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

I had the same decision about a Saleen or GT500. It came down to the fact I like the Saleen interior and exterior better than the GT500. Of course, this is defintely a personal thing. Also, the fact that all fo the dynos for the 05 SC Saleen were coming in between 371-402 RWHP or 435-470 hp according to Saleen's claimed 15% driveline loss. This should be close to the GT500. Saleen is also releasing an uprade apparently in the next two weeks which should get that figure up substantially. I know the Saleen will handle on the road course too. Waiting to see if the GT500 will be just a 1/4 mile demon or can accel in the twisty's too.

As for the $20,000 1/4 mile car guys, try taking the corner at the end of the strip with little to no braking. Some of us like to road race here too and we do it in style. Your car would get killed on a road course by an SC Saleen. Don't get me worng a 1/4 mile specific car is awesome but we are comparing apples and oranges.

Quick Reply: SALEEN OR GT500???