Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Just purchased 2007 Blackjack

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 PM
07_427R
2nd Gear Member

If you have an thought of selling it, IMHO I wouldn't touch or alter one thing on the car. There's alot less explaining to do when you mention 'all stock' and since they were limited production that would matter abit more then a mass built car. There are several tuner kits they sell if you wanted to get into boosting the HP levels. Personally, If I owned a Blackjack it would stay as it rolled off the Roush assy line but thats me.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 PM
britt12640
2nd Gear Member

Pics?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Hey Dan,
In my experience modifying your car will not increase or decrease the value overall. When you think of people who collect specialty mustangs, the important thing to remember is that if they are a "collector" they probably have already purchased a special edition car that was reserved for them directly. There are still cars like this sitting on lots and they aren't hard to find. Your best bet is to just do whatever makes you happy, and keep the original parts.

That said, it is true that 500RWHP is generally where you want to stop on the stock motors, although there are plenty of people safely exceeding that with the TVS blowers.

Roush does make an upgraded cold air intake that can be purchased for about $420 which they say adds about 15hp or so. This would be a big part of any sort of pulley upgrade because you want your car to breathe in air more efficiently. Depending on what sort of tuning you have done the car should perform well, and can remain a daily driver easily. Your best bet is likely to try to find a good starting point for your power and do it all at once to save money in the long run.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
dkr77

[IMG]C:\Users\dan\Desktop\Mustang\Mustang1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2011, 04:16 PM
dkr77

Sorry guys I'm having trouble posting the pictures. I'm, how shall we say, computer challenged.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
dkr77

Originally Posted by 07_427R
If you have an thought of selling it, IMHO I wouldn't touch or alter one thing on the car. There's alot less explaining to do when you mention 'all stock' and since they were limited production that would matter abit more then a mass built car. There are several tuner kits they sell if you wanted to get into boosting the HP levels. Personally, If I owned a Blackjack it would stay as it rolled off the Roush assy line but thats me.
You're probably right. I'll drive it awhile and then decide. I know I could definitely see myself in a Supercharged 5.0 one day soon. These cars are a rush to drive. Dan
Old 06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
dkr77

Originally Posted by SMOKE
First, congrats on the purchase......love the BlackJacks!! Great concept and sweet looking ride.
As for the road noise, it likely has to do with road type. I'm fairly new to the mid west (near Chicago Il ) and coming up from Atlanta, GA I've noticed that certain roads/interstates are flat out loud sounding.
As LilRoush suggested, I wouldn't go for softer compound as the torque available on this model will 'wear' quickly. Of course the right pedal has something to do with that.
The only alternative would be to add sound dampening material to the car.
Thanks for the reply. What is the general feeling on replacement tires for a car like this? Original equipment? I live in Illinois and we start having cool weather in late September. Should I go with a little different tire because of this? I wouldn't drive it during freezing weather but I would enjoy driving on a crisp fall day. Regards, Dan
Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM
KyleB

I have a blackjack myself... I said the heck with keeping it stock, I'm going to enjoy it until it is time to upgrade.

I suggest the stage 4 kit from JDM, it comes with a smaller supercharger pulley, a cold air intake, spark plugs and a tune. It will really wake the car up.

I also put Mickey Thompson ET streets on my car 305/35/18s, however I would not suggest these if it is your daily driver as they will not last long.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 PM
dkr77

Originally Posted by KyleB
I have a blackjack myself... I said the heck with keeping it stock, I'm going to enjoy it until it is time to upgrade.

I suggest the stage 4 kit from JDM, it comes with a smaller supercharger pulley, a cold air intake, spark plugs and a tune. It will really wake the car up.

I also put Mickey Thompson ET streets on my car 305/35/18s, however I would not suggest these if it is your daily driver as they will not last long.
I understand the CAI, to make it breathe better. A smaller pulley to up the amount of air forced into the cylinder. But what exactly does a "tune" and spark plugs do to enhance the performance? And how badly does this affect the gas mileage you get? Dan
Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
KyleB

The stock roush tune in the car is very very reserved, and rich. You will need to have the car tuned to get more power, and also to run correctly with the extra boost if you swap the pulley. You will also want the colder plugs in the car with the more boost unless you want to pop the motor.

http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...&cPath=110_124

MONEY WELL SPENT!

Quick Reply: Just purchased 2007 Blackjack