4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Thoughts on BBK intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default Thoughts on the new BBK intake manifold?

So it's hard to come by information on this damn thing but it sounds like it's going to be the best of both worlds. You will gain high end with out loosing your low end.

Here is a quote from their catalog

Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Increased horsepower without the current trade off for lost low end performance, in a package that requires no other modifications. Then take a look at this all new BBK DSI – dual stage Intake runner manifold for all 1996-2004 4.6L Ford Mustang. As today’s breed of smaller displacement motors use small diameter medium length runners to deliver the torque that consumers demand. It has always been a trade off to introduce a larger or shorter runner such as others in the aftermarket as the small horsepower increase at the top end is more than lost with the decrease in low and mid range torque. To provide the best of both worlds BBK engineers designed an intake manifold that features extra long small diameter runners for increased low end over stock with short large diameter runners for increased top end performance.

With eight electronically activated butterflies enthusiasts can pick the RPM at which they need to transition from the long runners to a combination of long & short runners. The best part is that the entire set up is packaged within the factory parameters so such things as existing throttle body & cold air upgrades will still work with this new manifold.

Our in house dyno testing has showed very strong gains on stock engine combinations with even better performance on models with traditional bolt on goodies and even higher increases on supercharged models. This new system comes as a complete manifold package and includes new high flow billet aluminum fuel rails.
Available FALL 2008

Price 999.99

I have also started to hear things on these intakes as well but I have no clue.

hardball'r:http://www.hiperformancesolutions.com/index2.html
dragon:http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-manifold.html

Last edited by amoosenamedhank; 09-10-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

I don't have any more info on it, but I'm waiting on the bbk before I upgrade my intake.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

They have been talking about that thing for like 3 years. if you look in the corner of that pic it says Available FALL/WINTER 2007
Old 09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I really like the idea of this intake but I'm not sure I like the $1k price tag. I guess we'll have to weight and see what one of these things actually does on the dyno....that is if it ever comes out.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

+1 on defcon i've been hearing stuff about this intake since i joined this site...
Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Any predictions on whether or not this thing will be the real deal (relative) or not?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

either way the thing looks pretty intense lol
Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

I was looking for it in 2006! I think BBK is full of sh*t when it comes to that intake. On top of being pricey, i think they are trying to find a way to back up the performance statements made about it.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I think even if it does come out i doubt it will work anywhere near as well as BBK, I have been disappointed with quality recently their machine work and Q.C. has gone down hill. IMO
Old 09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

So just another damn pipe dream then. Anyone know anything about the other 2 intakes then?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on BBK intake manifold?