South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

Those of you looking for a Dallas GTG, COME IN!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:22 AM
stroked92mustang

Default Those of you looking for a Dallas GTG, COME IN!

Howdy all, hows it going.

So heres the deal, we have a weekly GTG in the N/Dallas Plano area and about 2 weeks ago we had a real nice turnout about 20 mustangs. But since then, not too many have showed. There are about 10 of us that show on a regular basis including myself. Most of us are from svtperformance but by no means is it cobra dominated seeing as I don't even drive a cobra myself and I was kind of one of the original founders of this meet.

When:
Every Tuesday @ 8 PM

Where
Ave K/Plano Rd. & 190 (George Bush Tollway) at the DART Park N Ride in Plano.

What we do?
Usually hang around our meeting spot for an hour or so then line em up and cruise to a designated spot (we'll usually just get the consensus on what everyone wants to do, cruise to sonic, find a wide open spot to run em, etc...)

I'll be there promptly at 8 PM in a DHG Bullitt, don't be shy, stop by, really we're all fun loving guys that just like to shoot the **** and see what everyones got, the cruises are really a great experiance, 20 loud rumbleing mustangs lined up down the highway, can you say HEAD TURNER?

Hope to see you guys there!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:34 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Those of you looking for a Dallas GTG, COME IN!

I'll be there. Won't be too impressive if we run 'em since mine is still bone stock until October. How about if my friend brings his Lightning and comes out?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
stroked92mustang

ORIGINAL: DROCKOFTX

I'll be there. Won't be too impressive if we run 'em since mine is still bone stock until October. How about if my friend brings his Lightning and comes out?
Sweet man, you'll be our first 05, Don't worry usually just the billion horsepower cobras race and everyone else watches or cruises behind to video tape,

That'd be great if the lightning came, and itd really only be fitting since the meet was started by me and a few other guys from SVTPerformance.

See you tuesday [8D]

Oh yeah don't worry about being stock, My beast is sadly sitting on the driveway under a cover with a blown fuel pump and the 347 is long gone. All i have on the bullitt so far is a slp loud mouth and by next tuesday i SHOULD have my JLT CAI installed.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
86SVO2r

technically I could make it, but that would be pushing it for me and a long trip to boot. Im in Wichita Falls in the Air Force Reserves for 10 weeks of Training.. wish you guys would make it a saturday night thing........ cause Tuesday Night, id be gettin back to the base REALLY late....you all could call my SVO, Grandpa, if I showed up! cause you ALL know who came first .... hehehhe or wold you guys allow a 4 banger in the crowd ???

Old 07-21-2005, 02:41 AM
stroked92mustang

ORIGINAL: 86SVO2r

technically I could make it, but that would be pushing it for me and a long trip to boot. Im in Wichita Falls in the Air Force Reserves for 10 weeks of Training.. wish you guys would make it a saturday night thing........ cause Tuesday Night, id be gettin back to the base REALLY late....you all could call my SVO, Grandpa, if I showed up! cause you ALL know who came first .... hehehhe or wold you guys allow a 4 banger in the crowd ???

Hey, come one come all man, from mustangs to lightnings, bring it on.

I will warn you though since you're driving a good distance, attendance has been low the past couple weeks, thats why i posted about it because we're looking for some bigger turnouts through the end of summer. I'd just hate you to drive 3 hours to find only 10 ppl showed.

Also for everyone if you plan on attending just leave a quick reply so we can kind of get a headcount, the sonic that we cruise to (if we choose to go to sonic, everyones vote counts) likes a little notice a few minutes early so they can kinda be prepared for an onslot of customres.

Thanks guys. Again, hope to see some new faces this week.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
86SVO2r

I would love to come down and meet all of you guys. Just let me know when you think alot would show up and I will be there. I am the Vise President of the Indianapolis Mustang CLub, and I always look to spread our word and get Ideas from other Clubs. I drove my SVO down to TX to have something to do on the weekends. I may even try to get you guys to come up to Indy in October to our OPEN TRACK event at Putnam Park Road Course. its a 1.7 miles 10 turn road course. We have it for the whole weekend. if you check the schedule link, it shows the Indy Mustang Club has in on the 22nd and 23rd of October. http://www.putnampark.com/. We have had people come from Texas for the event. its a Blast .

Old 07-22-2005, 04:54 AM
stroked92mustang

ORIGINAL: 86SVO2r

I would love to come down and meet all of you guys. Just let me know when you think alot would show up and I will be there. I am the Vise President of the Indianapolis Mustang CLub, and I always look to spread our word and get Ideas from other Clubs. I drove my SVO down to TX to have something to do on the weekends. I may even try to get you guys to come up to Indy in October to our OPEN TRACK event at Putnam Park Road Course. its a 1.7 miles 10 turn road course. We have it for the whole weekend. if you check the schedule link, it shows the Indy Mustang Club has in on the 22nd and 23rd of October. http://www.putnampark.com/. We have had people come from Texas for the event. its a Blast .

My dad grew up in Lebanon Indiana, he spent lots of time at the IMS, he knew the foyts, unsers, the whole crew, he test drove for firestone at IMS to pay his way through college.

Good town, i like visiting.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:03 PM
WAG03GT
3rd Gear Member

Hey man i live in Waco and id love to come up one week and take a look at the cars and hang out with yall....so its every week at 8.....if you could let me know when the biggest turn out might be and ill be sure to be there man
Old 07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
86SVO2r

if I get outa school at a decent time and dont have a major Block Test on Wednesday, I will most likely come on down...... But I wouldnt be able to stay very late...... I have to make sure that my time in school isnt spent nodding off.... higher ranking teachers and adminstrators do NOT take kindly to a military memeber skirting his repsonsibilities... . and I am definately a Hoosier and always will be. the RACE as it is known in those parts....is something very special... and i will defend my city to the end .. a small world indeed, as i go to shows here in TX and meet some great people.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
chiops

i just ask you keep it going for the next year. im army and stationed in el paso so when i come back ill be looking for something to do.

Quick Reply: Those of you looking for a Dallas GTG, COME IN!