South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

FLORIDA UCF CAR CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:19 PM
MustangEater82

Default FLORIDA UCF CAR CLUB

hey guys interested in the UCF Car Club?

WHERE UCF campus, 3rd floor, on the side closest to the Classroom building of the parking garage near the UCF arena.
WHEN Wednesday nights, 9-9:30ish to whenever(been as late as midnight)

We allow non-ucf members to hang out but no BS, like burnouts, speeding around etc... UCF cops watch us and they are itching to call out the UCF swat team.(technically I am not eligible to join)

To be eligible to join you have to be a student, staff, or alumni of UCF.

Last week I think we had 20 cars? 6 f-bodies... and few regulars didn't make it out. Still starting off... We are planning on working on some fliers at the meeting to get more members. Generally have only have one Mach 1 show up but we would like more Mustangs out there. I think I know of a guy or two with mustangs we can get out. But we would like more of you guys to show up. Diversity makes it better.

We have a track day planned for friday if the weather is good.(I'm moving all day so I doubt I'll make it)

Future plans of carshows, track days, autocrossing, maybe dyno days. And of course... getting money from SGA, to help fund the club.

What benefits of joining? Its a pretty much all makes/models included club. This club isn't all "riced out" and we have the name of UCF backing us. So when we try to do things as a club, we have a little more credibility then lets say the local car club "Team Mega Speed"(yes an actual local club) And SGA funding. We are hoping to get SGA funding to help us get a discount, or even free track usage. Maybe in the future if the club is big enough track rentals(road courses and dragstrip)

Another benefit my girlfriends professional fraternity got free admission to a camp ground free because they were related to UCF and SGA money paid for all the food/supplies for them to go camping. I got to tag along and it was a blast.

So if your interested come on out and check it out. We are small at the moment but looking to expand. Think of how many nice cars you see on campus.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:50 AM
MustangEater82

Default RE: FLORIDA UCF CAR CLUB

Good turnout tonight 30-35 cars...

9 f-bodies...

we moved to the roof, more of a breeze that up there. So check there if we are not on the 3rd floor.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 AM
mystang03

i know this might be a stupid question but im a valencia student does that count figured ide ask
Old 07-07-2005, 09:13 AM
MustangEater82

ORIGINAL: mystang03

i know this might be a stupid question but im a valencia student does that count figured ide ask
YOu can't officially join, but as of now, we are allowing people to come out and hang out. Just don;t do stupid stuff to get us in trouble IE rev motor, burnouts, donuts, etc...

technically I can't join, I took spring semester off and likely taking fall off as wel.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:28 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Cool. I'll try to make it next Wednesday night, (7/13). Hopefully I will have my car back from the shop by then.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 AM
MustangEater82

btw guys feel free to spread the word on the mustang boards and in the mustang community, or any cars that go to UCF... more the merrier.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:01 AM
mystang03

cool ill see if i cant make it out there sometime would be nice to talk to people about our cars in person to find out more about diff things then on here also was wonderin are the events only for members then
Old 07-08-2005, 09:37 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

What do you have to do to join? Just show up, or does UCF require any paperwork since you are trying to get SGA funding?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:24 AM
MustangEater82

we generally let anyone and everyone come just along as you don't cause any trouble(constant revving burnouts, speeding around, whatever pisses cops off)

we are still just starting out so we can get people signed up just but probably don't have to worry about it right away. We are kind of prepareing for the bigtime in the fall. Just organizing people now over the summer.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Sounds cool. I was planning on going out tonight, but my car is still in the shop and I have an exam in the morning so I won't make it this week, but will try to make it next wednesday after I go to the track.