Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

04 GT vs. ?? F-350 turbo diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:24 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default 04 GT vs. ?? F-350 turbo diesel

[&:]

Weird, I know. I was getting up on the highway and the people in front of me were still only doing 35-40 as we were about to be forced to merge onto the highway so I took my opportunity seeing both lanes open to drop it into second and get into the passing lane and get up to speed. Did it, and settled back down in the right lane for a cruise when a white F350 diesel dualy roars by belching clouds of black smoke... He slowed down to get alongside me and I gave him the thumbs up because his truck sounded mean, especially for a diesel...

Anyway, he gave me two seconds and I heard his turbo spool way up, knowing what he was going to do I put it in 4th (we're doing 70) and floor it thinking I could catch up, it wasn't enough so I moved to 3rd at 75 and was able to keep even with him till we ran into traffic... slowed WAY down to about 40, and traffic started building up behind us so I nodded to him, he waited a couple seconds again, I heard the turbo spool up again so I hit it into 2nd and gave it everything. I ran right along his side till about 90 at the end of 3rd gear when I started to pull ahead slightly. I had to get off at my exit then, I gave him a friendly wave as he did to me. He had an Illinois plate so it is very likely I'll never bump into him again and be able to talk about his truck, but who knows, I have a Florida plate.

They are a lot faster than I expected them to be, I didn't use the juice in the races. If an F-350 wants to race you, if you're stock you should think twice about it!

Anyone know this guy by any chance? Again, white F-350 power stroke turbo diesel with the dual rear wheels on each side, Illinois plate.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:30 AM

Default RE: 04 GT vs. ?? F-350 turbo diesel

You live in Michigan? Did you just move there or what? Why do you have Florida plates?

Or did this take place in Florida?

*confused*

If you're in Michigan, how far from the Northeast Indiana border are you?

Old 03-04-2006, 02:32 AM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

All I can say is dont race fast trucks. looks really bad when you lose
Old 03-04-2006, 02:40 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

You live in Michigan? Did you just move there or what? Why do you have Florida plates?

Or did this take place in Florida?

*confused*

If you're in Michigan, how far from the Northeast Indiana border are you?
Yeah I'm in Michigan. When I bought my stang I got it in southern Florida (Plantation, it's a bit north of Ft. Lauderdale), and it was cheaper to get it registered there than it was to get it registered in MI.

It's been a while since I have been through Indiana, Google maps says it's three hours and 15 minutes to the NE corner of Indiana from here... which is about right. I'd say it can be done in a little less time. Whitehall (and Muskegon) are on the west coast of Michigan about mid-way up the state.

This happened here just today while I was going to pick up some new gear oil because I need to pull the axles to swap my rear brakes over to the new kit. [:@]

I didn't really care if I lost to the truck, it was all in good fun, and if I lost it would only give me more respect for them. There's a Rumble Bee around here too, I want to talk to the owner about it if I run into him some time.

Edit: The whole thing just made me more anxious to get boosted though I would have liked to have walked ahead of him lol I'll be getting my KB some time before summer is out hopefully though.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:41 AM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

Don't **** with diesels, especially modded diesels. The modern diesel engine will outlast the chasis it's put in by hundreds of thousands of miles, and can withstand boost and abuse like you won't believe. Think all of the advantages of going turbo, without having to forge EVERYTHING in the motor to run high boost. Hell, the drivetrain will take a **** on you before you even get anywhere close to hurting the motor. Anyways, good kill, diesels are deadly.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:47 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

Ive seen those things go into the 12's at the track down here.. its always funny becuase the guy staging them, kinda waving them forwards to the sensors to kick in at first always takes off running when they are both staged.. infact anyone around there who has ever seen a diesel run takes off... can you say smoke cloud? lol. Those suckers can be damn fast.. can defintaly suprise ya.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:42 AM
JT76

it will be a sad day for me when i run into one of these 12 sec army tanks they call trucks......its so wrong haha
Old 03-04-2006, 04:50 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Nice kill. Be careful with trucks, they are building ones faster and faster every year so watch out.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:00 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

First mistake...you NEVER wait for the turbo to spool. Nail it and let HIM catch you. Second mistake..don't mess with a modded diesel. They can be killers.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

I had a modded diesel...it was a 1995 F350 extended cab dualie...I used to pick on Mustang GT's with it, never lost to a stock one...it would pull a 28 foot trailer loaded up the Cajon Pass at 70mph....

Quick Reply: 04 GT vs. ?? F-350 turbo diesel