Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i

a buddy of mine has an M3 beemer...i wont race him.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, some beemer's r really fast, but their aftermarket is farely small compared to ours and expensive as hell! Definitly the GT has more capabilities.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

I have raced a 335I and beat it by almost a car length. Although they have equal power, GT's have more TQ. It is more or less a drivers race right. I was obviously the better driver, and also had the faster car. Before, when I had all of my mods, I would have wiped the floor with one. At the time I raced one, I only had my Roush Exhaust. With Equal drivers, from a dig, or a gay a** roll race(huge grinch smile) the Stang would win. I have seen what they can do stock. Everyone thinks because of the numbers in magazines say they are equal. On a street, in different conditions, other then a track or a strip, the BMW is overrated.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
shifty711
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GrabberMustangGT

I have raced a 335I and beat it by almost a car length. Although they have equal power, GT's have more TQ. It is more or less a drivers race right. I was obviously the better driver, and also had the faster car. Before, when I had all of my mods, I would have wiped the floor with one. At the time I raced one, I only had my Roush Exhaust. With Equal drivers, from a dig, or a gay a** roll race(huge grinch smile) the Stang would win. I have seen what they can do stock. Everyone thinks because of the numbers in magazines say they are equal. On a street, in different conditions, other then a track or a strip, the BMW is overrated.
You should really do some research so you know what the car is capable of.
And by research I mean go to www.e90post.comand check out the FI/335 section.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

I do my research hands on man. Everyone on that forum has something diffferent to say. I believe the original comment in this thread was stock for stock right? Well, stock for stock, GT> 335I. If a BMW owner decides to get a tune, and a catback, I will get a tune, and a cat-back, and still win. See the point here?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Andif u get the cat-back, u'llsave 100's of dollars over him on the cat-back too, I might add.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

exactly. Let us not forget though, Mustangs have been around for 40+ years. You are comparing a more techonlogically advanced engine against an engine from the 60's. I think if any car these days, that has that advantage of technology, has a hard time against a 60's engine, that is pretty sad. Why would the mustang win with the same mods, because of the 4.6 L V8. I like the 335I, don't get me wrong, but you don't exactly buy a car that jerks you off and gives you tennis lessons for racing. You buy a charger, mustang, eclipse, ferrari, etc.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
GT_Stang
3rd Gear Member

What it all comes down to is the BMW CANT HANG WITH A STANG!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
shifty711
2nd Gear Member

Not to start a flame war but..... Im sensing some fanboy bitterness here.

Also, I was talking stock for stock. The 335 makes peak torque at 1600rpm. Check out a dyno, its pretty wicked.

Also, for your stupid cat-back and tune comment. I really know that you have no idea what your talking about because if you get a cat-back and tune you will make 8whp. If the 335 get a cat back and tune, well.............
See for yourself.

http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_335i.htm

Better start dishing out the coin for some FI for your GT.

I like GT's dont get me wrong, and Im not trying to start anything, but you have no idea what your talking about with this one.

Here are some dyno's of just tuning. No exhaust, no intake, just tuning.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=v1.47+dyno
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

This is off of Vishnu Performance's website. Their Stage One kit is only $2665, and they claim performance stats of:

0-60mph in 4.3 seconds (est.)
Standing ¼ mile in 12.4 seconds (est.)

And they claim that you can do it in about 1-2 hours if you are a novice. Appears as if everything is pretty much plug and play with the kit (http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_1_v380.htm).

To me that's pretty impressive performance for the mod money. I have no idea how reliable any of these stats (or the car will be afterwards) but if its anything like what is being claimed, it's a good chance that BMW enthusiasts are going to go this route and will have a far faster car than most people putting $2600 into a GT will be. I don't know if they'll have hit a wall at this point though without more costly turbo upgrades to get even faster. But suffice to say, that a CAI + tune is not going to make your GT faster than this package.

But come on guys, this car costs a lot more than a GT, and most of us wouldn't be caught dead in a Bimmer anyhow (and I'm quite certain that the opposite is quite true, BMW owners probably wouldn't dare step foot in a Mustang). Most of us prefer a car that lets you know you still have a pulse after all.

That said, I do prefer the previous generation BMWs to the Bungled, uhh I mean Bangled ones by a wide margin. I love the current/previous M3. To me the epitome of a Germanic vehicle -- finely chiseled, and honed to perfection. The Mustang is the epitome of an American vehicle -- very dramatic, full of vigor and spunk. Sort of like the Camry is the epitome of a Japanese vehicle -- you know, one that looks like a melted down version of a real car. I kid, I kid. Sorta.

The base 3 series now looks like its clenching its ***. My soon to be sister in law has one, and it looks and feels like a car Honda would have made 5 years ago. It's pretty terrible. The 330s and the 335s are much nicer, but are still missing a stately presence the old cars had.

I love all sorts of vehicles and all sorts of ways of making power (I had an SRT-4 before the Stang, and a LS1 Vette before that!). I for one will salute any souped up 335i owner who is up for a run. But if they could wait until Friday, umm cause that's when my Saleen 475hp kit will be installed.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs. BMW 335i