Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First run against a Mustang GT (EVO)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default First run against a Mustang GT (EVO)

I was on my way to pick up a pizza this evening for the family and while sitting at a light behind another car, abrand new yellow GT passes me on the right. Both lanes were turn lanes to the left. After he stopped I saw him looking back at my car and then after turning back around, he reved his engine a few times while bouncing forward a little each time. I was behind a mini-van so I knew nothing was going to happen after we turned unless the van turned off or something. Well, the light finally turned green and we both turned. Of course I was right, the van was going so slow I couldn't do anything. I noticed the guy put his blinker on early to get on the highway so I went ahead and changed lanes to follow. Once we were on the highway, the traffic was pretty good, meaning not many cars out. We ended up lining up doing around 70. His windows were tinted so I couldn't really tell how he wanted to do this. I guess we could have done the 3 hong thing but neither of useventhought about it. Thinking this should be a pretty easy kill I waved at him to go. Well, he did and to my surprise, by the time I hit the gas after seeing him go,he already had a caronme.I couldn't believe how quick he pulled from 70. I was thinking maybe this thing isn't stock and I might get my as' handed to me.. Well,I finally hit full boost and started pulling himinpretty quick but once I got to his doorhe hit his brakesreal hard. There wasn't even a car in front of him?? Oh well, it was a nice run. I will give the guy props, that was a beautiful car and the instant torque is something I really miss. Sorry for the length...
Old 03-03-2007, 12:36 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First run against a Mustang GT (EVO)

Not bad. I never give people a head start (probably because I have a 14 second car, haha). Never underestimate your opponent, although you got him pretty easily it seems, he had you scared for a second. Haha. Good run bud.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

Not bad. I never give people a head start (probably because I have a 14 second car, haha). Never underestimate your opponent, although you got him pretty easily it seems, he had you scared for a second. Haha. Good run bud.
Thanks Sinister. I think I'll listen to your advice next time! He did have me scared for a bit! Next time, it may be a run in with one that's supercharged and that extra distance will determine the outcome!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:58 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Nice run! Even with tons of power, AWD from a roll isn't usually the greatest because like you said, you have to hit full boost before that torque kicks in. Next time don't give him an inch ^_^
Old 03-03-2007, 01:07 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Nice kill. Do you have any pics of your Evo. My friend has one and he got me hooked on them ever since the first time I rode in his.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

Nice kill. Do you have any pics of your Evo. My friend has one and he got me hooked on them ever since the first time I rode in his.
Your the second person to ask for picks in the last week. I'll get some this weekend after I wash her. Expecting a little snow tomorrow but Sundayshould to be nice. I'll get some and post then.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:53 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

nice kill, sounds like you have quite a car. he may have jumped a length, but seems like he was no match for u. 374 AWHP on a mustang dyno............jeez. quite the car, i wanna see some pics of that beast.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

How can you read awhp on a mustang dyno ?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 AM
8banger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

I was on my way to pick up a pizza this evening for the family and while sitting at a light behind another car, abrand new yellow GT passes me on the right. Both lanes were turn lanes to the left. After he stopped I saw him looking back at my car and then after turning back around, he reved his engine a few times while bouncing forward a little each time. I was behind a mini-van so I knew nothing was going to happen after we turned unless the van turned off or something. Well, the light finally turned green and we both turned. Of course I was right, the van was going so slow I couldn't do anything. I noticed the guy put his blinker on early to get on the highway so I went ahead and changed lanes to follow. Once we were on the highway, the traffic was pretty good, meaning not many cars out. We ended up lining up doing around 70. His windows were tinted so I couldn't really tell how he wanted to do this. I guess we could have done the 3 hong thing but neither of useventhought about it. Thinking this should be a pretty easy kill I waved at him to go. Well, he did and to my surprise, by the time I hit the gas after seeing him go,he already had a caronme.I couldn't believe how quick he pulled from 70. I was thinking maybe this thing isn't stock and I might get my as' handed to me.. Well,I finally hit full boost and started pulling himinpretty quick but once I got to his doorhe hit his brakesreal hard. There wasn't even a car in front of him?? Oh well, it was a nice run. I will give the guy props, that was a beautiful car and the instant torque is something I really miss. Sorry for the length...
Wasnt RED was it?LOL.....J/K...I liveacross the river..and anytime ya wanna play,,pm me..
Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

How can you read awhp on a mustang dyno ?
It's a awd dyno meaning all 4 rollers are being used. Here's one of my dyno sheets:

[IMG]local://upfiles/43371/3FB174CD9C73461CA6EDFA4FB694CC7C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: First run against a Mustang GT (EVO)