Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 03:35 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS

ORIGINAL: gilamonster

i don't get it. i have liablity on my 96 gt from AAA. why do companies care what you drive if it's liability. they don't have to pay either way. and it'd be **** if they charged you more just because you have a car they think will cause an accident for being fast. they charged me more on my gt than they did for my old 67 chevelle i used to have.
I'm sure it's only for full coverage....
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

That cant be done can it? I mean they cant cancel you because you race... but they can deny coverages applied if you have an accident there. Something doesnt add up. I would look into sueing the **** out of geico!!!

LOL...yeah i dropped those idiots myself..Geico sucks ***...I only deal with USAA...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:55 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

i think it all depends on the company and where you live for the price changing in faster cars, i agree it is stupid i figured mine would change when i went from a SLOOOOOOW 4cyl jeep to my 5.0
Old 11-12-2004, 09:47 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dc_mann8

i think it all depends on the company and where you live for the price changing in faster cars, i agree it is stupid i figured mine would change when i went from a SLOOOOOOW 4cyl jeep to my 5.0
Not neccessarily. If it's just liability, when you already have a policy with one car than you can swap cars with no change in premium, no matter what the new car is. Full coverage is a different story.
Another thing you guys may find interesting is when I did some quotes for myself for different cars. The insurance on an 03-04 Cobra is less than for a Mustang GT or an 02 Camaro or Firebird, even though the Cobra is more expensive and would butt-rape those cars in a race. I dunno if it's just AAA but I triple-checked it and it's not a mistake. Weird.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:50 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

My suggestion is, if your concerned about it, to swap to a drive-out or some other non-real tag on the back. Im thinkin about getting something funny on one and stickin it in the back. Then again Im thinkin I doubt my ins co would pull something like that but you never know
Old 11-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

There is always more to the story than what we know.

It's just like the dealerships that were out at the drag strips this spring, apparantly writing down vin numbers. I guarentee this guy happened to have been in several accidents or had so many tickets it's ridiculous. Insurance companies just don't go Heeeeeeeeeey, let's take a trip down to the drag strip and write down plate numbers and see if any of them have a policy with us. Frankly, they'd lose quite a few policies and quite a bit of money. The story I read about dealers at the strip, some asshat blew his motor and transmission and people at the dealership caught wind of him racing weekly at the drag strip, so the service manager took a trip down and got a picture of his car and voided his warranty and sent him a bill for the drivetrain replacement.

If you have policies and warranties and you bust something at the track, do the right thing and get a 2nd job and pay it out of your pocket, beotch!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:29 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

There is always more to the story than what we know.

It's just like the dealerships that were out at the drag strips this spring, apparantly writing down vin numbers. I guarentee this guy happened to have been in several accidents or had so many tickets it's ridiculous. Insurance companies just don't go Heeeeeeeeeey, let's take a trip down to the drag strip and write down plate numbers and see if any of them have a policy with us. Frankly, they'd lose quite a few policies and quite a bit of money. The story I read about dealers at the strip, some asshat blew his motor and transmission and people at the dealership caught wind of him racing weekly at the drag strip, so the service manager took a trip down and got a picture of his car and voided his warranty and sent him a bill for the drivetrain replacement.

If you have policies and warranties and you bust something at the track, do the right thing and get a 2nd job and pay it out of your pocket, beotch!!!!!!
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
iiiGTiii
2nd Gear Member

thats some bull good thing im not with geico, fu** the gecko im with AAA
Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

ORIGINAL: dc_mann8

Not neccessarily. If it's just liability, when you already have a policy with one car than you can swap cars with no change in premium, no matter what the new car is. Full coverage is a different story.
Another thing you guys may find interesting is when I did some quotes for myself for different cars. The insurance on an 03-04 Cobra is less than for a Mustang GT or an 02 Camaro or Firebird, even though the Cobra is more expensive and would butt-rape those cars in a race. I dunno if it's just AAA but I triple-checked it and it's not a mistake. Weird.
yep that's true, it was cheaper for me to get a my Saleen (or a cobra) than a GT for insurance because usually younger people do not have these cars, and people tend to drive them more carefully[8D]. I have Horace Mann (teachers insurance, very cheap!)
Old 11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

good thing i dont qualify for full coverage anymore. liability kicks ***.

Quick Reply: ALL who race their daily driver at the track READ THIS