Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

03 SVT Cobra vert vs 07 Shelby GT500 vert (long but detailed good)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 SVT Cobra vert vs 07 Shelby GT500 vert (long but detailed good)

Yea, like I said, we'll have to wait until these new Shelby's start ending up in the hands of guys that actually wanna "use" that blown 5.4 to make an impression on the track and on the street. Right now too many of them are just boulevard cruisers for older guys pining for the good ole days. The stupid ADMs are not helping either......though there are starting to be more opportunities to get these cars at or close to MSRP. If that continues to be the trend (and considering Ford will actually end up producing more GT500's than it did Terminators, I don't see why it won't), then we'll finally get to see the potential of these cars in the times to come.

I can already foresee some Termie vs. Shelby shootouts at local tracks in the years to come..........just like you see Cobra vs. Mach 1 shootouts and such. Should be fun.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

It was a V6 with a tribute kit that you beat....lol

Seriously. You had a great opportunity to show what many have been dying to see. You get a rare opportunity and you F' it up - way to go!

What I mean is you wasted a perfectly good opportunity take advantage of a REAL race with a GT500 and instead you waste the chance on a gay roll race. If the guy was willing to race, then you could have got a real RACE out of it instead of giving info on the most inconsistent and BS type of racing there is (roll). Now a 10 or 20 roll is one thing but what could you possibly think you can accomplish from a 40-50 roll? It is impossible to get any comparisons out of that kind of race cause their are way too many variables.

Personally, I think it's BS and you use the roll race because it leaves you a lot of outs when your called on the HP descrepencies. I've driven stock termi's and I've driven a stock GT500. Now I'm the first to admit that the termis respond to mods like a hooker to cash and they can be made sickening quick, but stock for stock, a termi is not going to beat a GT500 ever unless a moron is driving it.

Sorry but true.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

GT500 will never take terminators place. PERIOD! there will be probably a lot of very fast GT500 but Terminators still got the name and people won't forget! there will be always more fast terminators that GT500s.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: doodad

GT500 will never take terminators place. PERIOD! there will be probably a lot of very fast GT500 but Terminators still got the name and people won't forget! there will be always more fast terminators that GT500s.
Calm down there Doodad...lol

You're preaching to the choir my friend. I LOVE the termis and always will and if you read my post you'll see my affection for them revealed but let's not get all dillusional either just cause we love them, okay. Love them or not, a stock termi is not beating a stock GT500 and it's silly to even discuss it.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

You and I know both know that this just isnt true.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

You and I know both know that this just isnt true.
no i don't know! GT500 will not take terminators place once again. they might be faster with bolts on or stock or whatever, terminators put their name on the streets and everyone who are into cars knows them (99%) people will always remember terminators as badass cars. it just won't die.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Calm down there Doodad...lol

You're preaching to the choir my friend. I LOVE the termis and always will and if you read my post you'll see my affection for them revealed but let's not get all dillusional either just cause we love them, okay. Love them or not, a stock termi is not beating a stock GT500 and it's silly to even discuss it.
I am not saying termy can beat gt500 stock. it better not be or shame on GT500s.
I am saying terminators got the name and people know them as badass cars and they will always know that way. just a bolts on terminator runs mid 11s and there are ton of 10-9 sec terminators. it just won't happen to GT500s for a while since they are new.
they are expensve cars, not everybody can afford them EVEN at msrp. terminators will keep ruling the streets and turn heads.

I don't wanna sound like i hate them. sure, they are nice, collectable, fast cars but the are ton of fast terminators on the streets that GT500 will need some works to get that level. (i am talking general, not one by one)

Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Haha......it's gonna be a fun rivalry, I can see it already. All we need now is some guys with some modded GT500's to hit this section and stir the pot.[sm=lildevil.gif]

[8D]
Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 PM
4Stangs
4th Gear Member

Good kill on the Shelby driver. Stock vs. stock with equal drivers is a win for the Shelby.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:28 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

The Terminator is liberally underrated from Ford, the engine alone has been known to produce around 415-420 crank horsepower with all power accessories, cats/mufflers. MM&FF called John Coletti about when they dynoed an '03, with a chuckle he said the IRS is INCREDIBLY efficient lol

Not a surprise though, a Ford GT engine makes 635 crank hp with all power accessories.

EDIT: Doodad beat me to it, but C6 Vette...you gots to understand mang. EJS has gotten the thing to run 12.4xxs on street tires, and I have seen stock Termies run 12.8s and 12.9s on a cold day at my loval track, which still means 4,000ft/+ elevation.
Elevation has much less effect on blown motors than N/A ones.....Furthermore, I take Evan Smiths numbers with a grain of salt....He also got a stock F-body to run a 12.9 (I hear ppl on here saying they have never seen it and call BS anytime someone tries to say a F-body has gone 12's)....A 12.4 is not a low 12....Also I would like to point out that I have never seen a stock Terminater run better than a 12.9 at Sacramento Raceway which is at sea level by the way...

EDIT- I remember reading that Doodad took his snake to a 12.7 in stock form....He's also gotten a stock S197 to a 13.4.....He's a phenominal driver,but a 12.7 is'nt close to a 12.4.
GT500 is 300lbs heavier and has 75-80rwhp more than the SVT....EJS has ran the GT500 which has a solid axle to a 12.2, but has ran 12.4 in a car with 75-80whp less,300lbs lighter with IRS only .2 slower?

ok......Even though you're always right and everyone else on the forum is(obviously) retarded, the only reason GT500s dont run 11.9xxs from the factory is because of a thing called traction. Which the GT500 has very little of. Thats it. Really, it is. The car's potential is limited by it's severe lack of traction over anything else.
The only reason why they don't run 11.9x is because they are overweight pigs..

Oh brother, Well until Ford starts having stock GT500's on the showroom floor with DR's it's not a high 11/low 12 second car in stock form..
there have been a few that have run low 12's completely stock....on the stock rubber.

Quick Reply: 03 SVT Cobra vert vs 07 Shelby GT500 vert (long but detailed good)