Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

(EVO) New dyno #'s and a really bad day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default (EVO) New dyno #'s and a really bad day!

Ok, I need to vent for a bit. Today was my big day to get my boost issue fixed and also just to add an 02 housing with a retune on the dyno. Here's how my day started:

Woke up fine, got ready and jumped in the car. After I turn off my road and onto the main road, not more then 100 feet or so doing about 35mph a freaking racoon runs out in front of me. Not a lot I could do considering the road is pretty narrow. Lets just say I'm going to havea really bad squish sound in my head for a few days. Luckly he must of ducked before I pancaked him because there was no damage to the car. The tire must of taken the hit. Anyway, the next big event was finally getting to Buschur Racing an hour late thanks to Columbus, OH morning traffic. I guess I shouldn't have taken 20 minutes to inspect my car after the coon incident...

Finally, something good happens, they get my car finished and I hit my goal of 400whp (exactly) & 394tq. I'm happy now. I pay my bill and take off. After about a mile of driving I decide to make a few pulls. What happens, the car runs like crap. I'm like, wtf? So, I turn around and go back. Come to find out, my car was boosting 31 1/2 psi when it was dynoed at 29. We figure the dyno room was about 20 degrees or so warmer so I picked up 2 1/2 psi of boost creep from the cooler air outside and was hitting fuel cut. So, we turn the boost down, change out the plugs and take it for a quick road tune. We make a quite a few pulls and dialed the boost back in at 29psi. On our last pull to make sure every thing wasperfect, a freaking oldman on the side of the road in front of his house throws an object at my car as we were passing by. Scared the shi't out of me. What ever it was, it barely missed hitting the front of the car but I heard it hit under the car. I look over at my tuner and he saids to me, turn this car around. At this point, I'm like I going to get shot or something. We pull up to where I saw the guy and he was nowhere to be found.We sat there for a few minutes and even got out of the car. Yelled a few names in the air that I won't mention here just trying to get the guy to show his face. He never did. Anyway, I looked at the front and under the car and nothing was damaged so we headed back to the shop. To make a long story shorter, I finally left and went home. Because of all this extra time dialing in the car, I hit Columbus rush hour traffic again. Boy, what a sucky *** day!

Sorry for such a long thread but I needed to vent! At least I got the numbers I wanted and the car is pulling like a champ! I'll try and post the dyno sheet tomorrow when I get a hold of a scanner.
Thanks for reading!
Mike
Old 09-17-2007, 08:01 PM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: (EVO) New dyno #'s and a really bad day!

those are some nice numbers. High 10's maybe?[8D]
Old 09-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blacllkllsi

those are some nice numbers. High 10's maybe?[8D]
I'm hoping, but I think it's going to take some better tires.With a good set and a great launch (1.6 as least),high 10's are possible.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:09 PM
empatho
2nd Gear Member

that sucks [:@]know go race that ws6 again
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: empatho

that sucks [:@]know go race that ws6 again
He doesn't want to. He knew my car wasn't running at full potential. Heck, even after I passed that car in front of me duringour match, I pulled up beside him and he shook his head "no". LOL. His car is still pretty darn quick and it's stock!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

You should havegotten the car tuned on a Wednesday, that way you could haveheaded on over to Norwalk to "break it in" for their Hot Norwalk Night races.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TRBOPWR

You should havegotten the car tuned on a Wednesday, that way you could haveheaded on over to Norwalk to "break it in" for their Hot Norwalk Night races.
Damn.... I didn't even think about that!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Those are damn good numbers. Your still on the stock turbo right?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:14 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

good numbers man![&:]

and i would find the ****tard and beat his face in! [:@][>:] well id prolly just call the cops on his *** or something... thats complete [sm=bs.gif]

oh well....
Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i didnt know that you were from the columbus area...i was there a few weeks back, i would have liked to see your car...

Quick Reply: (EVO) New dyno #'s and a really bad day!