Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Bikes ever mess with you or you them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Bikes ever mess with you or you them?

Just curious, Never, ever get anything but respect from a passer by and I thought this story was funny.

I am puling up to a red light, there is a sport bike in my lane directly in front of me,he is revving his bike very, VERY loudly. (looked to be a 600) It did sound pretty good to be honest but he was on it wayyyyyyy to long. So I revved behind him a couple of times so that he could hear the car over his bike.

His head jots down to look in his mirror and then turns around, he stares for a pretty long time, probably trying to read my tag or checking the front end view. After 10 secs of staring with his body turned around he puts up the ((thumbs down sign lol)) I started laughing because it just looked really funny and he was serious. Well then he did a 1 minute break stand right there at the light in front of me. It was entertaining as longas rocks did'nt fly back on me, lots of white smoke. I really wanted to break stand as well but I knew the second I did a cop would pull up from far away or the other side of the street and catch it. No thanks.

Anyway, lights green and we both turn into the same shopping center without issue 5 seconds later, I go snag an RX from the store as he coast through the parking lot revving loudly. As I am waiting for them to fill my RX I go to the front of the store. Mr Biker is doing that moving break stand all through the parking lot! I am not talking about a quick one, I am talking he is doing that really long one where you are going realy slow
but back wheel is spinning. He did this no kidding like 4 or 5 times for a very long time.I can't belive that a cop never rolled up he did it so long and so many times. I started thinking he either just got the bike or he just learned how to do it but I don'tremember temp tags on it.

He did do it pretty well and it did sould very loud and good except for when he stalled out ha ha. It took like 20 seconds for him to get it started again, he was just standing there in the middle of the street stalled.

Anyway, it was entertaining as I mentioned, I could see people from the shopping center looking out the store windows as he got on it. He stayed there even after I got my RX filled and pulled off so he was dedicated to doing this for a while.

Got me thinking how many bikers roll up on a Stang and try to bait them or you them? 600's are not a big deal ( I have had 2 ) but an 1,100 is a beast and I would think twice about it.

Thanks for reading.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:49 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bikes ever mess with you or you them?

Should have given him a thumbs down after he stalled it. It'd be irony at it's best.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:55 AM
02StangGuy
4th Gear Member

haha nice story...the other night me and my friend were out runnin eachother and after we did we pulled into a parkinglot....there was a group of about 5-6 bikes and rhey started lookin over once we pulled in...a few minuted later we pulled out and my friend has a sick exhaust setup so its reeealy loud(bbk long tubes, bbk o/r h and slp LM2) as we were leaving he gave them a rev and then started to follow us haha...a ways down the road they get next to my friend and he downshifts and nails it....there was all sorts of bikes, bussa, r6, some lil dinky lookin bike that i might have been able to beat and so on...anyway he just so happened to mess with the bussa and the guy blew past him without trying with his girlfriend on the back...obviuosly we are no comp for bikes but it was fun and they were all cool guys
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 AM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JaysFreaky

Should have given him a thumbs down after he stalled it. It'd be irony at it's best.
haha, you shoulda gave him the middle fingers up after the smoke cleared from his super special one wheel burnout...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

good story

i used to do brake stands with an old '81 CB750F, it's
fun for about 10 seconds

i'm guessing he was getting ready to change the rear tire and
just wanted to have a little fun while he could.....
Old 09-30-2007, 11:27 AM
MrP

I have a bike and almost every weekend there will always be some idiot in a ricer that wants to race me. Why?

Speaking of races... I lost once to some badddddd C5 Zo6... I guess he was revving at me for a reason!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I know bikes r faster than pretty much every sports car. But if they say something like "I can blow u away in a race", I'd just say "Well if u can't launch, I willliterallytake u out with my 3300lb car". That's a definite way to win!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

JaysFreaky--
that would have been sweet to do however he could not see me at the point it stalled, I was watching him from the drug store at that point. (giggling like a mad man at that point.) ha ha

SteelStang05--
I know bikes r faster than pretty much every sports car. But if they say something like "I can blow u away in a race", I'd just say "Well if u can't launch, I willliterallytake u out with my 3300lb car". That's a definite way to win!
Yeah the amount of power they have in relation to the weight is pretty sick. I am always afraid that when running against one he is calling drop it and I will run over him so most times i leave them alone. I do enjot the extra long looks the female passenger seem to give as they roll by ha ha.
I have had a GSXR 6 and a Katana 6, the next will be a 750 or 1,000 because I feel I have out grown the 600 series. Had my license for 10 years or so and been riding for 20, when done with the Stang project I will began to focus on a custom bike.

MrP--
I have a bike and almost every weekend there will always be some idiot in a ricer that wants to race me. Why?

Speaking of races... I lost once to some badddddd C5 Zo6... I guess he was revving at me for a reason!
yeah, ha ha I guess. The ricers probably want to race you because they like bikes and just want to see you get on it?? I have only had one encounter with a Vett but it was not a race, he just made a samrt comment on Mustangs being "gurly" We did not have a chance to run. Most Vett owners I see are older, maybe because they are the only ones who can afford it?? I always say when I do get the chance I will run one. I don't care about loosing, I take them on no matter what the power level. When I finish with the rest of the mods I will have no fear of loosing to the average Vette. Most times they are scared to push it anyway.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I got stuck behind a gang of 8 or 9 crotch rocketeers about 2 months ago. I was headed for a friends house in a nearby town on a 2 lane byway. They were doing maybe 50mph.......about 15mph slower than most traffic (or myself) usually travels on this particular road. So I'm tailing these guys, and the 3guys in the back keep looking back at my GT.......they'd slow to maybe 45mph, and wait till I looked like I was gonna try to come up and overtake them.....then they'd speed back up to the rest of the pack.

So, here I am, stuck behind a gang of these guys, who I know are gonna drop the hammer if I try to pass them, and there's nothing I can do. I think they were just enjoying being showoffs, cuz a few of them would occasionally (when traffic was clear in the oncoming lane) jump over and take off doing wheelstands....and then slow back down to let the others catch back up.

The street bikers around here are starting to get really annoying.......alot of exhibitionism in areas where it simply isn't safe. There's more than enough empty backroads for them to get their rocks off on.....but alot of these kids seem to enjoy toying with fastish cars that their4 wheel toysobviously don't have a chance against.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

I was cruising once w/ my bro. There was a group of bikes in the next lane. I was talking w/ one at a red light and when we started, I goosed it a bit. hahahahahaa w/o looking, my bro said, "Here they come, three...two....one...." zip, zip, ziiipp, ziiiipp, ziippp.....about six bikes flew by doing wheelstands hahahahaa. Fun to watch of course since I knew that I didnt have a chance.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Bikes ever mess with you or you them?