Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cocky SRT8 tried to cheat himself a win

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default Cocky SRT8 tried to cheat himself a win

I went out to wash the car tonight, it was kinda late so after I was done I took her for a bit of a drive to blow the water off. I get to the intersection of 25 and 72 and I'm going East on 72. An SRT8 pulls up next to me as I wacth a cop cruise through the red light while he's going North on 25 our light goes green and the SRT8 guns it and off he goes, I guess he firgured we were racing???

I let him go and catch up because now he's driving under the limit, the next light goes red but by the time we get there it goes green, I'm going 25 and I leave it in 2nd and wait to see what this guy is going to do, he takes off mellow then suddenly again guns it, catches me a bit off gaurd so I nail it and catch him pretty easy, he sees me coming and takes his foot off the gas, now I'm thinking this guy is just a showoff but no, he yet again nails it after I take my foot off the gas, by this time I see another red light so no reason to chase after king of stupid, the next light is a three lane merge into 2 at Rt 59.

There are 2 cars in the middle, I'm already in the left and the SRT8 is lagging behind now but goes into the right lane. The light turns green and I knew the SRT8 was going to jump everybody because he kept a few cars back to get a head start on the light, so when it went green he already had a head of steam going, he was 2 cars ahead into the intersection when I caught him and blew his fuggin doors off.

If these things are capable of 12's this guys wasn't one of them and I know it wasn't completely fair but hey, I played by his rules and even let him get the jump. He drove like he had a riced out Civic, not a V8 muscle car, I'm guessing he has pulled this against Mustang's before with success or he's just a dork..

Grabber, I stopped by Streets just on the off chance you might be there, it was dead, nobody around. Maybe tomorrow night?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Deuuuce
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Coicky SRT8 tried to cheat himself a win

That's my old neck of the woods. If prepped properly, 108-110mph trap speeds, ETs launch dependent. Good multiple kills - sounds like he knew who was boss if he heard that SC.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Coicky for sure.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:39 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Nice! Aren't many cars on the street going to keep up with you.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deuuuce

That's my old neck of the woods. If prepped properly, 108-110mph trap speeds, ETs launch dependent. Good multiple kills - sounds like he knew who was boss if he heard that SC.
I doubt he heard the SC over my exhaust and his windows were closed. I do have to say though, it was a nice looking car, he just didn't represent very well. What has yours run?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

Coicky for sure.
You'd think the guy would line up to see how his car would do. Gotta wonder what he was thinking when I stormed by after he had that big jump, he didn't even look over when I went by.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:25 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

Nice! Aren't many cars on the street going to keep up with you.
Yeah, I kinda like that. One bad thing is with the weather getting cool these short sidewall drag radials don't want to hook when boost kicks in so I have to granny shift into 2nd.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

I have a friend that traded his SRT 8 Sedan in.

The cost of gas for the 6.1 $65 week.

5.7 with Displacement On Demand $ 59 week.

Both performed poor with 87 unleaded.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

I went out to wash the car tonight, it was kinda late so after I was done I took her for a bit of a drive to blow the water off. I get to the intersection of 25 and 72 and I'm going East on 72. An SRT8 pulls up next to me as I wacth a cop cruise through the red light while he's going North on 25 our light goes green and the SRT8 guns it and off he goes, I guess he firgured we were racing???

I let him go and catch up because now he's driving under the limit, the next light goes red but by the time we get there it goes green, I'm going 25 and I leave it in 2nd and wait to see what this guy is going to do, he takes off mellow then suddenly again guns it, catches me a bit off gaurd so I nail it and catch him pretty easy, he sees me coming and takes his foot off the gas, now I'm thinking this guy is just a showoff but no, he yet again nails it after I take my foot off the gas, by this time I see another red light so no reason to chase after king of stupid, the next light is a three lane merge into 2 at Rt 59.

There are 2 cars in the middle, I'm already in the left and the SRT8 is lagging behind now but goes into the right lane. The light turns green and I knew the SRT8 was going to jump everybody because he kept a few cars back to get a head start on the light, so when it went green he already had a head of steam going, he was 2 cars ahead into the intersection when I caught him and blew his fuggin doors off.

If these things are capable of 12's this guys wasn't one of them and I know it wasn't completely fair but hey, I played by his rules and even let him get the jump. He drove like he had a riced out Civic, not a V8 muscle car, I'm guessing he has pulled this against Mustang's before with success or he's just a dork..

Grabber, I stopped by Streets just on the off chance you might be there, it was dead, nobody around. Maybe tomorrow night?
Yeah, everyone I see in charger's think they have the fastest car in the world and use the autostick mode to go "faster" when all they do is **** up shifts and drive really slow and bad. Either way you would have killed him b/c your a beast!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

way to rock and roll Erik!!

Quick Reply: Cocky SRT8 tried to cheat himself a win