Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

4.10s scared me a bit tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

Default 4.10s scared me a bit tonight

I had 4.10s installed about a month ago and I've romped on it from a roll but not really so much off the line yet. Tonight I got a feel for them....

So tonight I'm sitting at a red light when a Mercedes wagon pulls up beside me; I have no idea what model and I'm not really even paying attention to the car, other than to note that it is a Mercedes.

The light changes and I start off normally. The Mercedes jumps on the gas hard.

Of course I can't let him run away so I jump on it too. I catch him before shifting to 2nd, grab 2nd and...WHOOOA!, the back end starts going left as I'm pulling away. At that point I'm a couple lengths ahead so I ease off.

Before the gears she would have chirped and grabbed...but not broken loose completely.

Better get those suspension mods into the budgetsoon

Just thought I'd share.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.10s scared me a bit tonight

when you install F/I it should be loads of fun

just take time and get used to it man, im sure you'll understand the car alot better sooner then you think.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Be careful that doesn't happen at the wrong time, like when a cars next to you. Practice would help with the going sideways. Anyway good luck with the gears, and we expect to hear at least a few kills from you.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

Projectquick - I've had a fair amount of practice in other cars sokeeping her in my lane wasn't an issue. What surprised me was how easy it was to break loose when I was making a good, fast, "normal" climbing up the gears shift.

...but I hear you and thanks

Old 11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Not trying to be a dick, but being young myself I have seen plenty of kids hurt other people because they drive a car they can't handle. I'm glad you can hanlde the car, but dammit you better go get a kill story to entertain me right now.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

P-quick.I'm 42 and this isn't my first fast car...which means I really should know better by now...but sometimes I still act like I'm 24.

Maybe it's my old age but "kills" aren't asentertaining as "good stories" for me.

That being said, when I get my next kill I'll make sure to post it here...just for you,mate.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Gracias. Oh and you sound just like my dad. He drives his 02 gt like he is still 17. I just didn't want to hear another story of how a person got behind the wheel of a car they couldn't handle. I'm only 19 but I have heard of hundreds of stories like that and had the miserable fortune of knowing about 7 kids who have committed this sin. The last one I know of was a friend taking a turn in his sti at about 140-150 and rolling over the divider and hitting a car and putting the driver in the hospital. I might sound like a dick but I am really just trying to look out for my fellow auto enthusiast.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Projectquick

Gracias. Oh and you sound just like my dad. He drives his 02 gt like he is still 17.
Glad to hear your dad is still cool in your eyes...but do you really need to make me feel any older than I already do? Ouch....

(j/k)

Your heart is good, keep it up.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

What? I can't help it that I'm young.I'm just sick of hearing about people wrecking because they can't handle their car. On the subject of my father when he got his new tires he came by my school to talk to me. He said they were awesome tires and all that then proceeded to do a burnout the length of the campus. To the kids who have never met him they thought he was a kid.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

now you know how i feel with my 3.73's

cant wait for 4.30's

Quick Reply: 4.10s scared me a bit tonight