Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Getting reved at All The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:13 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting reved at All The Time!

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32

I figured younger kids were the ones doing this. I just can't wait for one to do it while actually sitting nextme at a light. Maybe I'll get a good race out of it, or surprise the heck out of someone. Around here in Cincinnati, I think 90% of the action I see is other cars reving and the other 10% might be actual races (not with me though). Not many people race around this area, or at least that I know of. I'm sure there are a few spots around the city where people race, I just haven't found them.
Being that you live in Cincinnati, I can think of 2 things:

1. The Cops crack down hard on street racers so not many people do it.
2. You just havent found the right spot.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: besam

ORIGINAL: IWHINE

only happend to me twice, to me its inviting a race. Most of the people that do that have limited mods and feel they have something to prove that is why they want to race everyone. Both times those cars saw my taillights, couriously enough they were both v8's though a modded tbss and a stockish 04 gto.
what are your mods? what do you run in the quater mile?
stock with poolie. 14's in 1/4
Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
bones srt4

last time i went to get gas there was some truck already there getting gas. well they eyeball me when i pull in . they get done before i even start pumping gas. when they get out on the road they proceed to do quite a burn out as they are leaving. that has happened a few times.
then one time i was at a gas station not getting gas just getting something to drink and a friend of mine whom i don't see very often pulls in and we are talking outside. some stang drives by and throws a rev, i'm like "yea , yea , i hear ya." then a few minutes later a camaro drives by and does the same thing. my buddy asks if they were friends of mine, nope i have no clue who they were. he asks why they were reving their engines. i just tell him it's a car/ego thing.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
ColinGT
4th Gear Member

Ill rev it going by a car, never an sti or evo haha but like a lancer ill give it some just to be like ha tihs is what i got, what do you got. hell just to hear a rev n see what theres sounds like.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
MustangSal
1st Gear Member

I take reving like this..

If it's coming from a Mustang and its going in the other dirrection I take it as "Hey bro nice car"

If its coming from a Mustang and it's in the same dirrection I take it as "Hey lets run one"

If its coming from a ricer in any dirrection its a sign of inferriority and a need to prove something, wether they are faster or not, which in most cases they are not. Im not saying to disrespect them, just be ready to be disrespected if they lose to you, usually the fly by with the bird or something like that. And you yourself should never be to proud to give the thumbs up, win or lose.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:47 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Most teens will rev at anything, just as a way to make themselves think theyre cool. Hell, I get revved at when I'm in my truck all the time, just because other kids my age think I'll want to race since I'm the same age.

I hate my generation so focking much. Crappy music, Crappy cars (civics be fast, yo!), crappy valley girl speech impedements, etc. UGHHH
Old 11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: besam

only happend to me twice, to me its inviting a race. Most of the people that do that have limited mods and feel they have something to prove that is why they want to race everyone. Both times those cars saw my taillights, couriously enough they were both v8's though a modded tbss and a stockish 04 gto.
what are your mods? what do you run in the quater mile?
stock with poolie. 14's in 1/4
Hustler!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

haha but but it only does run 14's lol
Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I'm only 16 and i only rev at my friends or like cars that i see all the time and we always exchange revs lol. but i don't just do it to do it lol. i don't get any revs from ppl wanting to race though...its not too big down here in Camdenton, MO lol.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:35 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

A little rev never bothers me. At least people are acknowledging your kinda quick. 9 times outta 10 I'll just nod and go about my business.

Quick Reply: Getting reved at All The Time!