Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Evo against a SHO

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default Evo against a SHO

Well, not a good kill but a kill is a kill. I pulling out of a store last night andget caught at a light where I need to turn left at. Sitting there for a second I notice a Ford Taurus SHO pulling up behind me. There was a guy and his girlfriend in the car. I could tell they were looking at my sticker on the back window (Gone V8 hunting, be back in 11 seconds). I noticed they were laughing a bit so I guess they thought it was funny or something. I'm kind of use to this though, I get a lot of smirks and giggles when people read it. Anyway, the light turns green andI pull out and turn left driving normal. I was pulling on to a 4 lane road so I stayed in the right lane and noticed the guy behind me was riding my ***. After seeing this I kept the car in second gear, probably running about 35mph just in case he wantd to go. A few seconds later if that, I notice the guy switch lanes pretty quick and then I heard him gun it. He wasn't even next to me yet, probably a car back so I was not ready. The one thing I can say is that his car sounded pretty good. It had a deep throaty tough sound to it. When I noticed him gunning it andcoming up pretty quick, I hit it. I didn't have a lot of gear left in second but I had enough to stop his pull. He ended up right beside me before I threw it in 3rd. Once in 3rd, it was all over. I didn't walk away, I ran away and put several bus lengths on him. It wasn't even funny. So, at the top of 3rd, I hit the brakes to slow down and maybe get beside him but he decided to turn off. Oh well, it was a nice run, nothing spectacular. I know, not an even or equal race but I don't get many so I take what I can get.

Thanks for reading!
Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/43371/ACFA61262F884321810D7D781D8AD3B0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Evo against a SHO

Why are you on a mustang forum with a 4 dr grocery getter with a bagel size turbo and a car seat?

A kill is a kill.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

No not an equal race at all but sometimes it's fun to suprise the livin sh*t out of some unsuspecting dweeeb.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

Why are you on a mustang forum with a 4 dr grocery getter with a bagel size turbo and a car seat?

A kill is a kill.
Because I have no life and the Evo forum kicked me out because I have car seats in mine along with the weeks groceries.. Ha-ha-ha. Just kidding...
Old 12-01-2007, 05:28 PM
EaZy DuZ iT
4th Gear Member

nice evo
Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

=D i beat 2 of you guys at once, it was fun.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:34 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Nice kill man! Those SHOs are actually pretty cool cars... a buddy of mine in our car club has had several and I was always impressed with its handling and pickup on mountain runs. It definitely sounded like he bit off more than he could chew
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice kill....
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

hahaha I love that sticker.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nvr2old32
(Gone V8 hunting, be back in 11 seconds).
I love it. My dad's license plate frame on the Regal has Gone Mustang Hunting, be Back in 11 seconds

Quick Reply: Evo against a SHO