Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:34 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

No offense. I just get tired of hearing that phrase, it's so played out amongst every clique.

rice this rice that.

yeah i hear u, i respect a lot of imports out there, ones that are actually fast. my friend has a sentra se-r, and that car is nice, and it can smoke the crap outta me, but its not rice at all.

rice to me is people who make their cars LOOK fast, when they really arent, such as stickers, big wing, bodykit, etc....the guy who raced me definatly was a ricer. if he didnt have all those stupid appearance "mods", i woulda just called it a civic.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:45 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

A ricer is someone who thinks that because they have a Civic any Civic or any import, because it is the car it is (not ripping on Civics here) that it is fast as ****. They think that little mods like lightweight lug nuts will make your car way fast, fast enough to make it beat Corvettes and Mustangs even though it has the 98hp engine in it. Ricers are people who don't know what they are talking about and buy those tornado things for your intake and say their car is supercharged and they can feel a gain from installing that. I also think a ricer is an 01GT Mustang owner who installs an intake spacer and thinks it does something too. The reason that post bothered me tightdogal is because personally I have an import with a lip kit and z3 fenders (which aren't even colormatching to the car) it is lowered and has big 17" wheels with an exhaust and intake... That would fit many peoples definition of rice, unfortunately I know what I am talking about when it comes to cars and racing and the parts that I have installed on my car including bodykit and wheels and such are things that I got at rediculously low prices or were necessary to be replaced and I saved money by replacing them with such parts. I call myself a ricer because I realize that is how I am percieved by others but thats like an african american calling themselves black or the N word.. it's ok for me to say it jokingly etc. but if someone were to think that I actually was a ricer (which you likely would should you see me on the road) I would be greatly offended.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

lol sike jp

but seriously, if i did see ur car, honestly i cant tell u that i would or wouldnt call ur ride rice. but if u got to me at a light and tried revving at me and started acting all hard, then id DEFINATELY call u rice, not only that, but id point and laugh at u. hell thats the only reason why i did call the guy i raced wit a ricer, cuz he initated the race from the beginning(even tho i was honestly clueless and didnt know he was tryn to race me)

btw, imports AND domestic can be rice, not just imports, ive seen many v6 mustangs and camaros that are riced out...i even see cavaliers and sunfires that are riced out.

btw, u can say black, u dont have to say african american, thats so pc lol.....as long as u dont say that n word, well be straight.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
94BOOSTDCobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

lol sike jp

but seriously, if i did see ur car, honestly i cant tell u that i would or wouldnt call ur ride rice. but if u got to me at a light and tried revving at me and started acting all hard, then id DEFINATELY call u rice, not only that, but id point and laugh at u. hell thats the only reason why i did call the guy i raced wit a ricer, cuz he initated the race from the beginning(even tho i was honestly clueless and didnt know he was tryn to race me)

btw, imports AND domestic can be rice, not just imports, ive seen many v6 mustangs and camaros that are riced out...i even see cavaliers and sunfires that are riced out.
good stuff
Old 03-31-2005, 01:48 AM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

hehe I'm a ricer then cause if I saw you I would come up next to you and throw a little rev or initiate a race with you and not pay much attention to you, like looking over etc. And not atall because I think I could beat you, just for the hell of it. I don't do ricer flyby's either and I always give a thumbs up unless the other person is a ***** about it. Maybe I'm just an ok ricer? Atleast I can hope. Thanks for being real in that post.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:51 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school and i was at a traffic light next to this early-mid 90's civic hatchback with a fartcan and goofy stickers. well i was in a rush, so i wasnt payin it any attention at all. i could sense the guy was staring at me, but i didnt respond back. well i floored it at the light, not because i was tryin to race him, but i was REALLY in a rush cuz i was running late. and i look over to my left and i see the pos civic tryin to keep up with me about a car length back the entire time. i thought it was weird, because all of the other traffic was WAAAAAAYY behind us, and it was just the civic that was a car lenght back from me and i heard its engine tryin to keep up wit me. i was like "wtf? dude i wasnt even tryin to race u at all and i still won somehow" i swear i didnt go over 3Krpms the whole time....so guys, i gotta ask you, was this a kill????

if i had really tried to race him, man i think i woulda embarressed him.

GOOD

2000 Mustang V6
-CAI
-one day plan to get an exhaust
-and thats about it since im in college

What is it with V6 Mustangs that think they're fast? LOL J/K... had to stick up for 2000Si. LMAO!!! WOOTY WOOT!!!
LMAO damnit you beat me to it. But im sure some viper owner is saying "whats with these machs who think theyre fast" haha.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:01 AM
JoeB18R
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school and i was at a traffic light next to this early-mid 90's civic hatchback with a fartcan and goofy stickers. well i was in a rush, so i wasnt payin it any attention at all. i could sense the guy was staring at me, but i didnt respond back. well i floored it at the light, not because i was tryin to race him, but i was REALLY in a rush cuz i was running late. and i look over to my left and i see the pos civic tryin to keep up with me about a car length back the entire time. i thought it was weird, because all of the other traffic was WAAAAAAYY behind us, and it was just the civic that was a car lenght back from me and i heard its engine tryin to keep up wit me. i was like "wtf? dude i wasnt even tryin to race u at all and i still won somehow" i swear i didnt go over 3Krpms the whole time....so guys, i gotta ask you, was this a kill????

if i had really tried to race him, man i think i woulda embarressed him.

GOOD

2000 Mustang V6
-CAI
-one day plan to get an exhaust
-and thats about it since im in college

What is it with V6 Mustangs that think they're fast? LOL J/K... had to stick up for 2000Si. LMAO!!! WOOTY WOOT!!!
LOL, quoted for truth. Talk about the pot telling the kettle its 'nig!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:23 AM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

Anyone that starts a post off like this should be banned...
This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school
or atleast made to do his homework and household chores (sp) before he get's online.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:23 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HIONPSI

Anyone that starts a post off like this should be banned...
This morning i was dropping my hopefully-soon-to-be-gf off at school
or atleast made to do his homework and household chores (sp) before he get's online.
lol. why do you say that. maybe there friends and he's hoping to have a relationship with her. i see nothing wrong with it.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

Yeah... I guess you're right... I'm old and married with children... I guess it's just been so long since I thought that way. I stand down.

Quick Reply: Whats up with ricers thinking theyre fast??