Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

These are the tools in my neighborhood......

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Default These are the tools in my neighborhood......

Last night I went out for a drive and I was stopped at a red light. I hear a cammed out something or other turn on to the road I am traveling. Loud as crap. I mean LOUD. I get on it a bit to catch up and turns out it is a Dodge Dakota. Dual pipes popping out below the bumper. He see's me coming, down shifts and the whole truck is shaking. We are at light, he throws a few revs and I let him take off. I blow by him like he was standing still. Just made me chuckle.

I had a similar incident with a guy in 86 Monte Carlo SS. All loud. Car shaking. We are at a light and I ask him what he had under the hood. He replied "a small six". I knew he had something strong under the hood and expected a good race. I put 10 lengths on him and shut it down for him to catch up. He wouldn't get close enough to talk so I went home.

This is why I like to keep my car looking stock.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: These are the tools in my neighborhood......

Did you tell him that your V8 is actually only .3L bigger than their Chevy V6?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dferkler

I had a similar incident with a guy in 86 Monte Carlo SS. All loud. Car shaking. We are at a light and I ask him what he had under the hood. He replied "a small six". I knew he had something strong under the hood and expected a good race. I put 10 lengths on him and shut it down for him to catch up. He wouldn't get close enough to talk so I went home.

Maybe he had a small 6 with a bad motor mount. He was probably wondering why you were trying to race after he told you what he had.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
blownbayou
3rd Gear Member

Damn Dakotas sound mean as hell...... Love how the 318 sounded in my ole lady's Durango.

Good SLAUGHTER BTW

Later
Old 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

You need to venture out past your block and race some real cars.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: dferkler

Maybe he had a small 6 with a bad motor mount. He was probably wondering why you were trying to race after he told you what he had.
LOL.

"So I line up with this grandma on her focus and I ask her what she has, she says she doesnt know, so I know the b1tch is hidding something big, so I warn up my tires at the light to show her that I have something too...after the race, I put so many lenghts she wouldnt come near me"
Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

You need to venture out past your block and race some real cars.
I try. I have a few kills under my belt. I took my buddies Supra from a dig on the street. He killed me from a roll. I am auto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIAbeFNyrOA

He just ran a 10.9 last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBrYxzblh0

Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Nicekills, but what do you mean look stock? Pretty much everybody who has a fast mustang or other car leaves it looking stock unless they like playing with stickers like a 5 year old. I don't know anybody that throws a supercharger on their car and then says I need some 20's or a giant wing(there probably is a very tiny amount of people though that do).And both the cars you raced looked stock no? Just sounded not stock correct? B/c I love loud sounding american V8's and big 6's(pretty much older ones) that's why I put lm's and an o/r h on mine [8D]
Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

my car shakes too!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Nicekills, but what do you mean look stock? Pretty much everybody who has a fast mustang or other car leaves it looking stock unless they like playing with stickers like a 5 year old. I don't know anybody that throws a supercharger on their car and then says I need some 20's or a giant wing(there probably is a very tiny amount of people though that do).And both the cars you raced looked stock no? Just sounded not stock correct? B/c I love loud sounding american V8's and big 6's(pretty much older ones) that's why I put lm's and an o/r h on mine [8D]
Went back to earlier post I made. Sorry for not explaining myself. I had the show vs. go debate. Example. I pulled up next to a kid in the same year car as mine, same color. He had side exhaust, big rims and it was lowered. I asked him what he had done to his car and he said (with tilted hat on head) "I had the exhaust done". I told him it looked and sounded great. We were at a light, he threw a few revs (I can't with the auto) and he took off. I reeled him in and put lengths on him. We pulled up to the next light and his boys (two other tilted hat kids) were giving him ****. We went again with the same result. At the next light he asked me what was up. I replied "I guess you can't drive" and turned right. It was a jerk off thing for me to do but I peed a little in my underoos. I am amazed when I see cars that look like they could shoot rockets out from under the hood but have done nothing to the engine. I instead remained with the stock look except for the DD Bullitts and drag radials. I think some unexpecting folks think it is bone stock and take it for less. Those people I like to surprise. As far as the other cars looking stock, the Dakota didn't and the Monte had a cowl hood. I know both cars are slow as snail **** out of the box and wouldn't normally pay them any mind. These two each had sweet sounding monster V8's in their rides . The guy in the Monte did not have a big six but was trying to shark me. He knew it and I knew it. By just the sound I figured I was in for a battle. Neither had anything more than noise. I am a big fan of loud sounding V8's as well. This one in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWo4VNUIHLc

Quick Reply: These are the tools in my neighborhood......