Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

There's always someone faster!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:46 PM
TDi
1st Gear Member

Default There's always someone faster!

You know, I see alot of bickering here. I came here to find out and learn about Mustangs and talk to other guys who like to go fast.

I don't have a mustang, but I like them and respect them. Why is it that some V-8 guys dislike imports so much?

A lot of imports are pretty fast also. I watched a honda Civic ( full interior) run 13.10 all motor on drag radials, my car has run 13.6 all motor on regular street radials. I sthat super car territory, NO, but it's faster then your average car.

I don't go around calling out mustangs, because I realize most that had the same amount of mods I have would be a good deal quicker.

Why can't we just respect each others cars for what they are?
Old 04-22-2005, 01:58 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: There's always someone faster!

actually it's the IMPORT drivers that start things. we're just fookin around and callin them ricers and a car that is an import we raced LOST. that's when import drivers chime in and say blah blah blah, it has this and that, it could easily do this, yada yada. well guess what, it didn't. nobody is allowed to even say they raced a ricer without the import drivers going on the defense as to why they lost and they shouldn't have and that we're just stupid.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:26 PM
gotan05
1st Gear Member

try ww.srtforums.com. those guys are hilarious. every srt4 there is holier than thou. if you don't have an srt4 then you must have a p.o.s!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:46 PM
racerxxx98
1st Gear Member

it's ignorance basically,if your a true car lover and its all about the speed then thats really all that matters.when i first started racing i did it in my integra and yes there were the grudge matches between the imports and the domestic.in the beginning and i mean like 94ish when i got my L's the domestic were the enemy bottomline thats who we were gunning for.now why did i cross over to the "dark side " as someone once said.i alway like mustangs but as i stated earlier my parents bought me an integra so instead of being a spoiled brat i said f**k it and made best with what i had.now fast forward 12 years i bought what i wanted and i went with the mustang i.m.o best bang for the buck.if its fast you get my respect domestic or import.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:57 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

some mustang drivers are know nothing uneducated ********.
some import drivers are no nothing uneducated ********.

Many imports hate 99+ mustang GTs more than stangs hate imports because
a. they only put out 260hp from v8
b. they are ugly
c. teen girls drive them (V6 only)
d. they aren't cobras

And in response to "a," We put out small power stock because ford wanted to keep it affordable with monstrous room to mod. Especially since it is a small displacement v8 is the reason why we have one of the greatest production exhaust notes. And we start out with an amazing torque number also. I really like imports and KNOW that if it wasn't for mustangs i would undoubtedly have an import. Also i looked extensively at different imports before I got my car and the mustang fit my needs perfectly. Slap a supercharger on that GT and you have a very fast car with a badass exhaust note. I don't know about you guys but that excellent exhaust note just adds to the adrenaline rush.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Black04COBRA
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: romancer

some mustang drivers are know nothing uneducated ********.
some import drivers are no nothing uneducated ********.

Many imports hate 99+ mustang GTs more than stangs hate imports because
a. they only put out 260hp from v8
b. they are ugly
c. teen girls drive them (V6 only)
d. they aren't cobras

And in response to "a," We put out small power stock because ford wanted to keep it affordable with monstrous room to mod. Especially since it is a small displacement v8 is the reason why we have one of the greatest production exhaust notes. And we start out with an amazing torque number also. I really like imports and KNOW that if it wasn't for mustangs i would undoubtedly have an import. Also i looked extensively at different imports before I got my car and the mustang fit my needs perfectly. Slap a supercharger on that GT and you have a very fast car with a badass exhaust note. I don't know about you guys but that excellent exhaust note just adds to the adrenaline rush.
The note is what did it for me man.... Nothing like a well built v8.
And I've always loved Cobras anyway.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:01 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

i actually LOVE imports, espcailly the nissans they have out...i love the 350Z and the g35, those are just HOT. but i hate the people who DRIVE the cars, those are the people who give the cars a bad name....ep the neon owners, visit srtforusm.com and post about a neon losing to a mustang gt and u get hell for it...which is kinda weird cuz they think they can keep up wit a mach 1 or cobra stock vs stock....i dont hate imports, i just hate the way the drivers act, its simply childish the way that some people act (some domestic owners act the same way, it doenst just go for import owners)
Old 04-23-2005, 12:46 PM
5.0carlo
2nd Gear Member

OK< like many ppl have said its not the imports we hate its the wayppl act in the cars. I had a guy i used to work with her ein the navy always talking trash that his 01 nissan spec v could take my 92 GT but we never raced its just the fact that so many talk crap that it gets old after a while. Myself on the other hand I figure that if you have the passion to work on cars your cool im my book. Most young ppl driving imports are doing it cause they are available. Think about it most v-8's are ridiculous on gas and on insurance cost so young kids go to imports cause they can afford it. If i raced an import ill stop to talk to them afterwards if i can, i might not know what the heck their talking bout but i like to learn, ill never give anyone who races me a thumbs down. On another note about srtforums, yes they are a lil arrogant, well alot and I have a few videos of mustangs spanking them.

To recount everyhting i just said a) if you work on your car your cool in my book and b) dont talk smack if you cant back it up, nothing wrong with a lil friendly competetion just dont be an @$$ about it.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
ckthecerealkiller
2nd Gear Member

Yah I see banter from both sides. I have been coaxed to give people crap about "How I lost."

A couple weeks ago I was at my gradfathers private drive. My friends and I marked off an 1/8th mile and called some people for some fun.

There was a Mustang GT, LS1 Maro, Vtec Honda, Old arsed maro, and my sixer. The LS1 spanked everyone left and right.

Then the Vtec and my Purple sixer rolled up. We get ready, and by the time I launched it was my front bumper to his rear. I had just about gotten lined back up when we fly through the cones.

We go back, and everyone is telling me to give him s*** about jumping the gun. But the thing was Larry had already given the signal, so I couldn't. I knew I had a bad RT, which is a totally fair way to lose. Once again it was a driver's race.

I do sometimes have some bias against hondas I'll admit.

But I know when to give credit, like everyone should.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: nanaki

actually it's the IMPORT drivers that start things. we're just fookin around and callin them ricers and a car that is an import we raced LOST. that's when import drivers chime in and say blah blah blah, it has this and that, it could easily do this, yada yada. well guess what, it didn't. nobody is allowed to even say they raced a ricer without the import drivers going on the defense as to why they lost and they shouldn't have and that we're just stupid.
You know as well as I do that what you've just said is complete BS.

I've never defended as to why someone may have lost, I just try to grab the details of what went down and speculate as to what they could have had.

But it's people like you who are the reason I keep on coming back here. Some guy with a clean, stock looking civic rolls up on someone and instantly it's "so this ricer tried to pass me speeding but I wouldn't have it, so I dropped to 3rd and floored it and put 8989 billion cars on him! Those damn ricers are always trying to do flyby's on me..." That's the real blah blah Bullcrap that keeps popping up in kill stories.

Odd thing is, you even agreed with me in the "funny ricer" thread about what happened.

My point here really is, no it is NOT always the import drivers that start things. It's guys like myself that try to bring a little reality back into the kill stories. It's not my problem you guys hate that.

5.0Carlo hit the nail on the head. People hate the cars because of the arrogant people who drive them. That's just not fair. But I don't blame him for having harsh feelings towards his friend with the Spec V.

Quick Reply: There's always someone faster!