Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT vs LS2 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT vs LS2 GTO

I raced a modified Legacy GT on the highway with my STI. If I remember correctly, he did well. I'd have to find my old post.

Nice car.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:34 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrRogers
You're not going to have to worry about a GTO killing you from a dig...

GTOs can hit low 13s but again, launching it is not the easiest thing to do
My friends 06 Auto GTO was pulling 1.8x and 1.9x 60fts all day long on stock rubber/suspension at Cordova last weekend... only mod he has is a handheld predator tune loaded.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Those LS2s can be pretty lethal in the triple digits. You didn't do bad, like MrRogers said, from a dig you definatly would have got him.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Those are by far my favorite Subarus. But, having said that, I never had a clue that they were that quick. I know you have a few mods, but thats just it, a few. Good run......
Old 05-13-2008, 04:26 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

good race.
the legacy has a boxer engine right?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:45 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05LGT

From what I see, if you would have went from a dig, this would have been a kill story. Nice race though, the close ones are the most fun.

yea if i could get my launch perfected. i find it much more difficult to get a good launch out of an AWD car than a RWD. but what kind of quarter mile times do stock goats mostly hang around? low 13s?
Can you explain this to me. How could it possibly be harder to launch a AWD vs a RWD car???? As I was told all you have to do is rev it up and drop the clutch right??? I konw that **** breaks very quickly and easily when you do 5 million 5k launches but, that the only reason why I could understand you saying that. Unless your talking about it being hard to launch the car right and not just dumping the clutch because in that case I could see it being more difficult but harder than RWD I don't believe.

Mark
Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: simpsonfan13

good race.
I think that subaru uses flat engines in all their cars. I have seen flat sixxes in outbacks and forresters I believe. I know that the WRX and STI both use flat 4s.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Projectquick

ORIGINAL: simpsonfan13

good race.
I think that subaru uses flat engines in all their cars. I have seen flat sixxes in outbacks and forresters I believe. I know that the WRX and STI both use flat 4s.
I am 95% certain that it is the same engine as the STI, including the turbo.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

From what I see, if you would have went from a dig, this would have been a kill story. Nice race though, the close ones are the most fun.

yea if i could get my launch perfected. i find it much more difficult to get a good launch out of an AWD car than a RWD. but what kind of quarter mile times do stock goats mostly hang around? low 13s?
Can you explain this to me. How could it possibly be harder to launch a AWD vs a RWD car???? As I was told all you have to do is rev it up and drop the clutch right??? I konw that **** breaks very quickly and easily when you do 5 million 5k launches but, that the only reason why I could understand you saying that. Unless your talking about it being hard to launch the car right and not just dumping the clutch because in that case I could see it being more difficult but harder than RWD I don't believe.

Mark
someone has never seen an AWD car bog [&:]

too little power you will bogoff the line for not having enough power in backing all the tires

too much power and not only can you break things but you can make the tires slip and your RPM's get knocked down and you bog

it's very tricky to launch an AWD car contrary to popular beleif

at least this is just info that my subby doo friends tell me
Old 05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

Mark
someone has never seen an AWD car bog [&:]

too little power you will bogoff the line for not having enough power in backing all the tires

too much power and not only can you break things but you can make the tires slip and your RPM's get knocked down and you bog

it's very tricky to launch an AWD car contrary to popular beleif

at least this is just info that my subby doo friends tell me
100% correct.

Quick Reply: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT vs LS2 GTO