Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ricers Busted On I-485

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangsneverdie
i see that your talkin about a 4 cyl. turbo car when i have a buddy that had an 03 cobra and all he done to was changed the pulley on the charger and ran an 11.2 you might as well say stock i could put an 8 lb. boost turbo on my car and have over 450 whp
I could still take you

sorry had to talk **** lol, don't do it much
Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Smile

screw the dam STATE TROOPER, they are out pulling over minivans with families and other cars for dumb shi !

Rear license plate lights, tint(which is dumb, a truck can be tinted darker than a car), seatbelts(even though most of them dont wear theirs), low tire tread all kind of bs.

They DONT give warnings AND DO SHOW UP TO COURT FOR EVERY CITATION.

100% conviction, no win for you, just more money for showing up to court. They should of split up and only one pull over, the locals dont monitor the state trooper and dont like them in their territory.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:29 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Civic4doorsleeper
I could still take you

sorry had to talk **** lol, don't do it much
i'm not you couldn't but how many lbs. of boost are u runnin and do you have nitrous too
i haven't got to run my car yet but right now its prolly runnin mid to high 13s with a 306 and .480 lift cam and when i get the heads and intake i want it should be runnin mid 12s n/a
but let me put a turbo on it and lets line em up aight
Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

lets lerned hows to talk rite firstes aight
Old 08-26-2008, 02:34 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
lets lerned hows to talk rite firstes aight
Shut up ricer. Your car doesn't even race on the right track. Real tracks don't have corners. i keed i keed
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Originally Posted by aode08
screw the dam STATE TROOPER, they are out pulling over minivans with families and other cars for dumb shi !

Rear license plate lights, tint(which is dumb, a truck can be tinted darker than a car), seatbelts(even though most of them dont wear theirs), low tire tread all kind of bs.
Ever tried to jump out on someone with it on? Or God forbid, have something happen and someone start shooting at you and you have it on? Good luck, I'll unbuckle your seatbelt and make sure to pull your lifeless body out of the car nice and slow.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hlistr_07RR
Ever tried to jump out on someone with it on? Or God forbid, have something happen and someone start shooting at you and you have it on? Good luck, I'll unbuckle your seatbelt and make sure to pull your lifeless body out of the car nice and slow.
What are you talking about?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
My buddies LS/Vtec turbo made 378 whp and 300wtq (IIRC on torque) on wastegate spring pressure of 11psi and ran an 11.7 first time to the track on that set up. Also, the power was made from 4.2k rpms to 8.2k. Car is capable of 9-9.2k rpms or there about. Not to be a dick, but it sounds like you don't know very much about imports, or 4 cylinder turbo cars in general.
i just reread my post, and that came out all wrong. i'm talking about the guys who just fit a huge turbo to the car and call it a day, not worried about pipe sizing or anything, and then brag about dyno numbers. granted, they're about as common as S197 guys who don't know how to drive, but it seems like a lot of the guys weaving through traffic at unsafe speeds, have that vision in their head.

and i'm sure you know exactly what i'm talking about. the dyno queens. you can't deny that they're out there. they're not the majority, but they're out there.

and theres also people out there who know what they're doing. like, people who pick the right size turbo, carefully size out the piping and such, and make 500 ft lbs of torque at 3500 rpm.

but, the thread was about ricers, who fall into the former category. you don't seem like a ricer to me. you seem like you know what your talking about.

by the way, just curious as you seem to be putting out some good numbers, what does your torque curve look like?

and yea.......for the record........if we raced, i'm pretty sure you'd win.

i have absolutely nothing against imports, i actually like a lot of them. my comment before was just out of context and could easily be taken to mean i don't like imports.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

378 fwhp to run an 11 is hard pressed to believe unless he was down to a low 2000's race weight. What were his 60' and other times? MPH?

Rule of thumb I go by is if it takes a RWD V8 with 400+rwhp 120-125 mph to break into the 11's, I don't see it happening with a FWD 4 cylinder that doesn't weight transfer and basically has to make up ALL of their time on the back 1/8th mile.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

....I could see that happening.

Bluebeast's car has an estimated 350-380whp, and with SLICKS it runs in the 11s....but if that car had just street tires......hm.

Quick Reply: Ricers Busted On I-485