Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

WRX goes down....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Default WRX goes down....

Man this had to have been the best race so far. Not sure exactly what year but I looked the car up on line and it was the second gen WRX 01-07 model. Now the race: I was coming from the barbershop and in my mirror there is this blue WRX. Came to a stop light and I proceeded to get into the left lane to make a left turn and he does too. We both turn left to get onto a three lane highway as I turned, I slowed a little just to see if he wanted to run. He gets besides me and points straight and I knew it was on. I let him make the 1st move and he takes off I slam it down into 2nd and by the time we hit 85 I had at least 2 cars on him. Get to the next light he catchs up and get's beside me. Light turn's green and we both take off. His front tire was on my passenger side door up until 3rd. I shut down around 80 and had at least a 2 1/2 car lead on him.. I slowed down and he passes me and gives me the thumbs up. For his mods I can tell that he had exhuast. Are those cars SC because under his WRX Logo on his trunk I saw supercharged? With that run I am very proud of my stang. The money that I have invested I can see now, has been well spent.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
z06stang
1st Gear Member

Nice kill! Way to represent.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:13 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Man this had to have been the best race so far. Not sure exactly what year but I looked the car up on line and it was the second gen WRX 01-07 model. Now the race: I was coming from the barbershop and in my mirror there is this blue WRX. Came to a stop light and I proceeded to get into the left lane to make a left turn and he does too. We both turn left to get onto a three lane highway as I turned, I slowed a little just to see if he wanted to run. He gets besides me and points straight and I knew it was on. I let him make the 1st move and he takes off I slam it down into 2nd and by the time we hit 85 I had at least 2 cars on him. Get to the next light he catchs up and get's beside me. Light turn's green and we both take off. His front tire was on my passenger side door up until 3rd. I shut down around 80 and had at least a 2 1/2 car lead on him.. I slowed down and he passes me and gives me the thumbs up. For his mods I can tell that he had exhuast. Are those cars SC because under his WRX Logo on his trunk I saw supercharged? With that run I am very proud of my stang. The money that I have invested I can see now, has been well spent.
, good kill
Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Only an idiot would remove a factory turbo for a supercharger.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:03 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Are you sure it said supercharged and not turbocharged? There's no way it was supercharged, if it was an sc logo than the guy is probly just an idiot and didn't realize he has a turbo. Good kill either way
Old 11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good kill OP. Gotta respect those WRXs.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Went into the store and the guy must have saw my car because he was waiting on me outside. Real nice guy and real nice loser (No excuses).Looked closer and it did say turbocharged (My bad). He said all he had done was exhuast and a tune. He said that I was the 1st person in a Mustang that beat him. He said that he ran at the local race track about 3 weeks and ran a best 0f 13.76. He wanted to run again but had the wife in the car and with her it ain't gonna happen. On the 7th there having a test/tune day at the track so I'm going to go up to see where she's at now.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:00 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Nice that's a very respectable kill! He was probably around 225-230whp, but when my first WRX had the same mods as him it was a very quick car.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice kill!!! and good story, always more fun when your opponent is cool
Old 11-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah I've heard alot of stories about WRX's. I've raced a Charger SRT-8, 350Z and I can honestly say that I am more happier with the WRX kill.

Quick Reply: WRX goes down....