Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

08 Charger R/T AWD Vs LT1 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Default 08 Charger R/T AWD Vs LT1 T/A

Well, on my way to Wal Mart yesterday with some buddies and I see a LT1 body style T/A coming up quick behind me, he gets up on my bumper and floors it, he passes me and I lay on the throttle. Too late, he puts a half a car length on me instantly as he had a head start, he holds a half car length lead till about 90 (I had just turned on to a 45mph section, the run was from about 20-80).

We get back beside each other, and we are just cruising. I rolled my window down and the douche won't even roll his down and look at me. Anyway, we keep driving side by side when he finally kicks it again, this time I kick it right when he does. He puts about a bumper on me, but I start to reel him in by about 100 and put about a half a car length on him.

We roll up to a red light and I roll down my window and the guy STILL won't roll his window down and talk to me.

Anyyywayy, cliff notes.

LT1 Trans Am sees me
Gets to my back bumper and floors it and holds a half a car length lead till about 90
We run them again, I wait on his go and take him by a 1/2 a car length to 100.
Guy won't talk to me.

The guy had at least a full exhaust, this thing sounded killer. I had a 200 pound passenger, the other guy didn't. I figured my car would do a little bit better than that, I think without a passenger and from a dig I could have got him pretty good.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

LS1 would have been a great story. LT1, snooze.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
LS1 would have been a great story. LT1, snooze.
I woulda lost bad to a LS1
Old 06-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

lol, TA = douche.....
Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Is your R/T stock?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

The LT1's are pretty stout with very little mods. Plus, he took out your AWD advantage and used it against you. Doesn't your car run high 13's? What mph? Average stock car anyhow.

Guy was a complete douche to not even talk to you or look at you. I had a guy in an out of state EVO do that to me last Sunday in my Vette. He had some "EVIL MR" vanity plate, or something similar. Guy wouldn't even acknowledge me, but he kept on nailing it and blowing off over and over and over again, through about three lights. Probably would have pissed himself if I would have purged on him.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Nice death...sounds like you would have gained on him if it kept going... not doubting you but it doesn't sound like a full exhaust LT1 to me... LTs/Mids and even shortys make a huge difference on those cars... I would have thought from a roll he would be pulling pretty good. (I could be wrong..my old LT1 seemed to respond to mods rather well and was trapping just shy of 105mph on stock manifolds with minor bolt ons.)
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good run Skillz. Your car should have the top end advantage over an LT1. From a dig, your AWD takes out any chance of error or spinning on you part, but if a LT1 ever hooks off the line, he may jump ahead and stay there. They make max torque at 2k rpm.

S8ER, he prolly had an off-road pipe and thats why it was so loud. I think LTs would've produced a different outcome (if tuned, etc).
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Originally Posted by 98LS1
The LT1's are pretty stout with very little mods. Plus, he took out your AWD advantage and used it against you. Doesn't your car run high 13's? What mph? Average stock car anyhow.

Guy was a complete douche to not even talk to you or look at you. I had a guy in an out of state EVO do that to me last Sunday in my Vette. He had some "EVIL MR" vanity plate, or something similar. Guy wouldn't even acknowledge me, but he kept on nailing it and blowing off over and over and over again, through about three lights. Probably would have pissed himself if I would have purged on him.
i know that with the DSMs, going to an atmospheric BOV can cause a loss in performance...im not sure if the evolution uses the same recirculating bypass system, but to get a 4g63T DSM to "run right" with an ABOV you have to do a bunch of work that doesnt make the car run any better...

most DSMs i see with a atmospheric BOV are either ricer retards who dont know anything other than "it sounds cool", or theyre heavily modified cars...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Good run Skillz.

Quick Reply: 08 Charger R/T AWD Vs LT1 T/A