Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Saleen > TA WS6, 335i, 335d and 2010 SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Default Saleen > TA WS6, 335i, 335d and 2010 SS

Seems like a lot of runs but its been accumulated in the past week lol.

First a very nice trans am WS6 revs at me on the free way. I give him a nice thumbs up, wasnt really in the mood for racing but he kept gunning it and then pacing next to me again and again. So i decide to play. 40-100 i have him by about 5-7 cars and just shut it down. (just know i murdered him)

Next my brothers brand new 335d (this thing puts down 390 wheel torque stock!... but only 250ish whp) (40-45 mpg!!!).... 40-110, i can barely see him behind me.......

next, 335i stock, brothers loaner car since they had to take the 335d back because something about its exhaust was faulty. 35mph roll i jump 2 cars immediately and started to lose grip and fish tail so i just quit. We did this twice and kept losing grip so i just decided not to try anymore.

Lastly, i saw a 2010 SS blk with red stripes and black rims, very clean, and gave him a friendly rev and thumbs up. He wanted to see how he would stand up against mine so we honked it off. 50-100 i had about 5 cars on him. waved at each other and he exited.

**side note**i have 315/35/20 dunlop run flats in the rear. VERY dangerous for me to even try to do roll run sub 40 mph........ I cant believe how bad these tires are. I am only at 425whp so i cannot imagine how it would be when i want 450ish...... Anyone who has any recommendations other than drag radials because this is a daily driver so i must drive in rain......

I cant wait to see how my brothers 335d does once they get tunes for their twin turbo diesel engines.(just came out in the US so nothing really available for them). I know it can be a monster just like 335is tuned.....
Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Doesn't seem like any of those cars were much of a match for a whipple'd 3v.

Pretty cool your brother got the new 335D, I was going to go see if I can test drive on tomorrow for ****s and giggles.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Excellent runs! You gotta sick ride, definitely one of my favorites.

As for the tires, simple answer for you..... just lose the damn run flats. They are good for one thing, getting you a few miles down the road to a tire shop when flat. They're just too hard. I don't think you need DRs to hook from a roll at your power level, not considering you have decent stock suspension. I use BFG KDWs on both my stangs and don't have much of an issue with my 4.10s and LCAs, even from a dig (S197). I cut consistent 2.0s and powershift on them in my S197. They will pull 2.0s in my Mach too, but won't hold a hard shift (still on stock suspension with 3.55s). In other words, what I'm trying to say is you're not going to be able to murder it from a dig or anything, but any decent AA traction rated tire is going to improve your traction a good bit. Just stay away from the tires with high mileage ratings, run flat, all season tires, or anything that says sumitomo on them, lol. If you're trying to get sub 1.9 60's consistently, you're pretty much going to have to go with a DR.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

I love those BMW 335ds. Good runs.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

tune only on the 335d is gonna be like 450rwtq lol. too bad they run such a complex fuel management system. iirc they used the valvetronic system or whatever where the intake valves control intake air flow (no throttle plate on the gassers, throttle response was determined by the opening of the valves)
Old 12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Excellent runs! You gotta sick ride, definitely one of my favorites.

As for the tires, simple answer for you..... just lose the damn run flats. They are good for one thing, getting you a few miles down the road to a tire shop when flat. They're just too hard. I don't think you need DRs to hook from a roll at your power level, not considering you have decent stock suspension. I use BFG KDWs on both my stangs and don't have much of an issue with my 4.10s and LCAs, even from a dig (S197). I cut consistent 2.0s and powershift on them in my S197. They will pull 2.0s in my Mach too, but won't hold a hard shift (still on stock suspension with 3.55s). In other words, what I'm trying to say is you're not going to be able to murder it from a dig or anything, but any decent AA traction rated tire is going to improve your traction a good bit. Just stay away from the tires with high mileage ratings, run flat, all season tires, or anything that says sumitomo on them, lol. If you're trying to get sub 1.9 60's consistently, you're pretty much going to have to go with a DR.
Your right! Thanks for the advice and compliments! The reason i got these runflats was because they were the only tires that i could find theat werent more than 500 bucks a piece! I wanted 315/s in the rear for the wideness and now that i got them, i cannot get grip and they are as hard as rocks seriously..... I will take yoru advice next time shopping for tires. Will be looking for AA rated tires wide as possible, because i love my stance right now

Yeh my brother is waiting on ordering a tune for it but he told me they are not ready yet for US 335ds because US regulations required BMW to change a few things before sending them over to the US. He cant wait to give me a better run
Old 12-20-2009, 01:37 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

where are you finding all these races here in houston??? i've been begging to post up a kill but havent been able to cause no one will race me. the only race i've had since the procharger was a c5 vette and that wasnt even here in houston...

good kills by the way.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:33 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mac10chap
where are you finding all these races here in houston??? i've been begging to post up a kill but havent been able to cause no one will race me. the only race i've had since the procharger was a c5 vette and that wasnt even here in houston...

good kills by the way.

haha well two of the races were my brother LOL. If you wanna find a race, go on SE side of Houston where tons of Hispanics are. They just love to rev at everyone over here....

How is your grip?
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM
JT76

kinda OT but not really i guess... what blowers do Saleens come with these days?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

It's a weak setup from my experiences stock. Guy has a good amount of dough in the whipple setup.

You guys have MeSSicans in Texas? WTF!?

Quick Reply: Saleen > TA WS6, 335i, 335d and 2010 SS