Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My first track times

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

What track did you go to?
Old 05-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaGT
That's about right I would think. Glad you enjoyed the track.

You need to do some 2V bolt-ons and then you'll be good to go - low 13's

CAI, Tune, UDP, TB, Upper Plenum, Gears, DRs......some 4.10s and and some serious driving and you may just pull off a 12.99
With that set up OP should be real close to running a high 12.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

That's about right I would think. Glad you enjoyed the track.

You need to do some 2V bolt-ons and then you'll be good to go - low 13's

CAI, Tune, UDP, TB, Upper Plenum, Gears, DRs......some 4.10s and and some serious driving and you may just pull off a 12.99
12.99 sounds alittle too fast for those mods you listed. You're proly right, I'm not sure, but I think I realized that cars aren't as fast as they seem. I don't question your judgement, but like I said, I thought I could hit 13.9 on my first time ever to the track with that stock motor. Maybe just a personal experience of mine?

Originally Posted by gman73
What track did you go to?
Famoso Raceway in McFarland, CA.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
With that set up OP should be real close to running a high 12.
Like I said above, high 12s with the bolt-ons sounds too high as well.

Last edited by nascrchi; 05-17-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Nope lol, I know 2Vs with those mods running high 12s. There's actually threads on this site something like "how to make a bolt-on 2V a 12 sec car"....I'll take back DR and go straight to slicks though lol

btw I said low 13s for a reason, to get into the 12s you have to DRIVE....Launching at 5k+ and powershifting every gear at maybe 6500rpm. I'm no new edge expert though
Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Nope lol, I know 2Vs with those mods running high 12s. There's actually threads on this site something like "how to make a bolt-on 2V a 12 sec car"....I'll take back DR and go straight to slicks though lol

btw I said low 13s for a reason, to get into the 12s you have to DRIVE....Launching at 5k+ and powershifting every gear at maybe 6500rpm. I'm no new edge expert though

Yeah I've seen the same thing but you will have to drive the hell out of her tho..
Old 05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Yeah I've seen the same thing but you will have to drive the hell out of her tho..
Hmm, sound interesting, especially with your that deal soldier. I think I wanna do that. lol
Old 05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
12.99 sounds alittle too fast for those mods you listed. You're proly right, I'm not sure, but I think I realized that cars aren't as fast as they seem. I don't question your judgement, but like I said, I thought I could hit 13.9 on my first time ever to the track with that stock motor. Maybe just a personal experience of mine?

Famoso Raceway in McFarland, CA.

Like I said above, high 12s with the bolt-ons sounds too high as well.
I don't know why you don't consider your outing successful if you were shooting for a 13.9. a 14.04 is pretty much what your were looking for. You are talking about less than a bumpers difference. You did a pretty good job for your first time.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
I don't know why you don't consider your outing successful if you were shooting for a 13.9. a 14.04 is pretty much what your were looking for. You are talking about less than a bumpers difference. You did a pretty good job for your first time.
thanks!! Hopefully next week I do with some sliks! I aksed my buddy to lend me 2 passes and he said yea =)

think I'll break anything? I don't think cuz I'm so stock, but I'm not sure.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
Hmm, sound interesting, especially with your that deal soldier. I think I wanna do that. lol

Go for it dude. Let us know how it went..
Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
Something special about making it into the 13 second club! My first time at the track i was in the low 14s and then my last run.....13.8@103!!! lol

Quick Reply: My first track times