Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

old school v8 vs brand new v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

im not very surprised at all you have 25hp on him and almost 100ft/lbs of torque as well as a huge weight advantage. you have advantages in every single department and you are surprised you kicked its ***?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Boy
im not very surprised at all you have 25hp on him and almost 100ft/lbs of torque as well as a huge weight advantage. you have advantages in every single department and you are surprised you kicked its ***?
He has like 100hp on him most likely, and is running 1.8 seconds faster... that is multiple bus lengths.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:50 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
sorry to burst your bubble... your buddy is a douche bag.... taking someone's brand new car to race... ****ing POS....
someone said it for me...
Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Lol. I really don't see any big deal out of any of this. If every tech got fired for beating on a new car, I'd be willing to bet more than 75% of the techs would be canned.

now can we get back to talking about the racing aspect and not his/hers opinions on wether this was wrong or not?

what are these v6's saposed to run in the quarter? i think i heard 13.7's before?
Oh I believe your right about the tech. I had a kid that goes to school with my daughter and also worked for my mechanic. He was telling my daughter how fast my car was. She was like my dad never lets anyone drive his car. He said we drove it when we were putting the new clutch in. I asked my mechanic and his lame excuse was well it's a performance clutch so you gotta test it under load. When I asked about the breakin period that is recomended for the new clutch he just shrugged his shoulders and said alright you got me.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

My buddy that works at a ford dealer called me this morning saying he was doing a prep on a 2011 gt, and asked if i wanted to race it while he was driving it.
it's not bursting my bubble any.

i don't see how it's any different than someone test driving one tho. obviously when someone test drives a brand new mustang they get on it. and this one wasn't bought yet unlike the gt he wants to race in.

prep is not done until the car is sold.... so it was someone's car.

it is different, most dealers have a demo car that is used and then sold as such, the buyer is aware of the use of the car before he buys and gets a discounted price as such.

as to encouraging beating on new cars that are to be sold... well that's just plain azzhattery if true
Old 06-05-2010, 08:12 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Not surprised by that kill. The V6 is fast but not CI cam'd, Woody built, 347 fast. Also, your friend is a low life.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i'm not surprised i beat him at all, just kinda figured it'd be closer?

so was I right about the 13.7 for these things? I can't remember where i heard it but it sounds right.

also 83, my engine isn't woody built.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:11 AM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

1. Why would you think that your car that runs 11.9's wouldnt blow a car that barely runs 13's out of the water?

2. Your buddy is a scumbag, in matter of fact neither of you seem to bright
Old 06-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

wow.. first time i've ever seen anyone disprespecting ctgreddy so badly.. then again.. he and his friends are messing with Jesus's/Buddah's/Ganesh's ultimate vehicle...
Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by Mishri
wow.. first time i've ever seen anyone disprespecting ctgreddy so badly.. then again.. he and his friends are messing with Jesus's/Buddah's/Ganesh's ultimate vehicle...
his friend is the one being diss'd and your sarcasm on the car being beat on is noted...

Quick Reply: old school v8 vs brand new v6