Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I'm back and with a new Ford!....AND a vengeance!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

MR. E most OTards are just f$%king with you and talking out their *** to get you worked up for Lulz. AZ is letting his nutts hang because he has like a 500 plus HP new edge, others I would not even take SRS. Personally I think your car is neat (No Im not offering you a hand job sicko!). What's done to the internals ? Once your car is done with the mods listed it should be fun as hell.

AZ who gives a shlt about 11's, its a damn focus. 13's for a FWD focus is pretty good IMO, Not everyone is expecting to run 11's right after modding a qaud engine. I agree its not fast by most standards on here but for a phucking focus that is impressive with a turbo system slapped on on FWD 2k ford car. He would eat a stock 2v mustang but yours if far from that ...... YEah Im not offering you hand jobs either.

Last edited by Mr Graystang; 11-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
MR. E most OTards are just f$%king with you and talking out their *** to get you worked up for Lulz. AZ is letting his nutts hang because he has like a 500 plus HP new edge, others I would not even take SRS. Personally I think your car is neat (No Im not offering you a hand job sicko!). What's done to the internals ? Once your car is done with the mods listed it should be fun as hell.

AZ who gives a shlt about 11's, its a damn focus. 13's for a FWD focus is pretty good IMO, Not everyone is expecting to run 11's right after modding a qaud engine. I agree its not fast by most standards on here but for a phucking focus that is impressive with a turbo system slapped on on FWD 2k ford car. He would eat a stock 2v mustang but yours if far from that ...... YEah Im not offering you hand jobs either.
So....let me make sure I'm getting this right. There will not be any hand jobs?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Did you get excited Boozer ? sorry not tonight
Old 11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Its cool. I am not butt hurt, just dont feel like arguing with people who feel the need to spout off about how a Mustang they dont even OWN is so much faster. I really couldnt care less. I am not building a car to race drag strips with Mustangs. If you like the car, cool. If not, no need to be a little bi*ch about it. People resort to making things up in here too. Like the clown on the last page who said a Mazda will run a mid 13, LMAO! On what planet? Best magazine time is 14.1@100mph. Thats with a flawless launch and shifting before they loose power at a weak 5500RPM. Best real world time I have seen on a stock MS 3 at a track was 14.3@99mph. No way in hell a stock 3 gets anywhere near a mid 13....

As for my car and your question, nothing has been done to the internals. Its 100% stock aside from the turbo kit. One of the guys on the Focus forum with the same set up as me just ran a 12.8@105mph with just slicks and an upgraded clutch. Two things I will be doing in the next few weeks. The stock motor is good up till about 250wtq before you have to start building it.

Last edited by Mr. E; 11-25-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:33 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
Its cool. I am not butt hurt, just dont feel like arguing with people who feel the need to spout off about how a Mustang they dont even OWN is so much faster. I really couldnt care less. I am not building a car to race drag strips with Mustangs. If you like the car, cool. If not, no need to be a little bi*ch about it. People resort to making things up in here too. Like the clown on the last page who said a Mazda will run a mid 13, LMAO! On what planet? Best magazine time is 14.1@100mph. Thats with a flawless launch and shifting before they loose power at a weak 5500RPM. Best real world time I have seen on a stock MS 3 at a track was 14.3@99mph. No way in hell a stock 3 gets anywhere near a mid 13....

As for my car and your question, nothing has been done to the internals. Its 100% stock aside from the turbo kit. One of the guys on the Focus forum with the same set up as me just ran a 12.8@105mph with just slicks and an upgraded clutch. Two things I will be doing in the next few weeks. The stock motor is good up till about 250wtq before you have to start building it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xumk_VbvcNM

stock mazaspeed3, and that was the first link on the google search.

BTW, I've helped build a turbo focus that's faster than mid 13's, it ran mid 11's in tucson until my buddy blew it up.

Like I said, when you're running mid-low 12's, high 11's, then you've got something, but to drop a few thousand more on top of the price of the car to get to mid to high 13's? and it's FWD? why waste your time? I could've done better with an import and less money.

I get and love the idea of a sleeper, but a 13 second focus is not that. Go read one of my threads about having my *** handed to me by a 9 second SVO 4cyl mustang. THAT is a sleeper.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Mr. E
Banned

Cool, thanks for the video. 13.950 is pretty much 14 (technically high 13s) but either way, its not mid 13s. When did high 13s become "slow"? How many cars under $30k are capable of running in the 13s stock? Not many. Are you Mustang fans forgetting its only been the last 5 years you have had a Mustang even capable of hitting 13s stock? I should know, I had a 98 GT and an 03 GT, neither hit anything close to 13s stock. So stop acting like anything over high 12s is slow just because the new 5.0 came out LOL

Like I said, I am not looking for a track monster. With an upgraded clutch and drags, I should have no problem hitting low 13s at 11psi and high 12s at 15psi. People expect a Mustang, or Camaro or STi or Evo etc...to be fast. How many people will expect a Ford Focus to hit 60 in 5 seconds or run in the 12s? Not many at all. Whats so fun about taking an already fast car and making it faster? I think taking a slow, economy car that runs in the 17s stock and making it fast is much more of a challenge and fun to do.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

I bet you'll run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile haha
Old 11-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by 86 5.0L
I bet you'll run a high 14 in the 1/4 mile haha
A few guys with the same stage 2 turbo kit I have ran high 13s with their stock tires and clutch. Best was a 13.6@102mph. So we'll see. I will post my time slip after I run it.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:02 AM
ErdricK
the poop master baiter

YAH BUT ITS A FOCUS AND IT ONLY RUNS 13's LOL **** THATS SLOW

j/k man...WB to off topic. Man up because there are sharks in the waters here
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
pallidamors
Banned

I haz focus!!

the rarest of all models

a 200 focus

Quick Reply: I'm back and with a new Ford!....AND a vengeance!