Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My stang is an animal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default My stang is an animal!!!

Now before you read this, I am not saying my car is the fastest thing out there, by any means. Also I know this thread is going to end up getting moved, but I hope some of you see it here.

Well I was on my way home from a boring night out, when the night finally picked up at 11:30 .. I was minding my own business when I see a fricken v6 camry try and take me at the light. Ofcoarse I pounce on it but forgot to turn t/c off, but I still destroyed him. This continued off for the next 2 lights until I got to the 3rd light and next to me was a 2010 e350 sedan. I know its nothing fast, but I beat him also & me and him kept messing with the guy in the camry. When I got next to the guy in the e350 I rolled down my window and asked if he thought the guy in the camry was serious lol. He just laughed and gave a ton of compliments on my stang.... I had already passed where I had to turn off the blvd by about 5 miles lol so I decided to leave those 2 guys alone and started to head home..... THIS IS WHERE IT GETS EVEN BETTER!!!!!!

I am going down the blvd towards where I have to be, and I see bmw headlights (halo headlights) fly up behind me, and get next to me... I roll down my window to see what it is (downfall of 5% tints) and I hear the turbo of a 2011 335i!!!! I got soo happy that I would finally have my first LEGIT kill. He gave me 3 super fast honks and floored it, but I was no where near ready so I held back. We get to the light and I tell him I wanted to wait until we got to the light. The light turns green and we both jump on it. I pulled an easy 2-3 car lengths on him by the time I got to 80mph where I let off. He gets next to me, but wont even look at me until I ask him if his was awd or rwd. He tells me awd, but I look at the back and it said 335I, not 335XIlike it would. Guess he was a little pissed my stang whooped his BMW

Hope you guys enjoy this story =]

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 02-04-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Now before you read this, I am not saying my car is the fastest thing out there, by any means. Also I know this thread is going to end up getting moved, but I hope some of you see it here.

Well I was on my way home from a boring night out, when the night finally picked up at 11:30 .. I was minding my own business when I see a fricken v6 camry try and take me at the light. Ofcoarse I pounce on it but forgot to turn t/c off, but I still destroyed him. This continued off for the next 2 lights until I got to the 3rd light and next to me was a 2010 e350 sedan. I know its nothing fast, but I beat him also & me and him kept messing with the guy in the camry. When I got next to the guy in the e350 I rolled down my window and asked if he thought the guy in the camry was serious lol. He just laughed and gave a ton of compliments on my stang.... I had already passed where I had to turn off the blvd by about 5 miles lol so I decided to leave those 2 guys alone and started to head home..... THIS IS WHERE IT GETS EVEN BETTER!!!!!!

I am going down the blvd towards where I have to be, and I see bmw headlights (halo headlights) fly up behind me, and get next to me... I roll down my window to see what it is (downfall of 5% tints) and I hear the turbo of a 2011 335i!!!! I got soo happy that I would finally have my first LEGIT kill. He gave me 3 super fast honks and floored it, but I was no where near ready so I held back. We get to the light and I tell him I wanted to wait until we got to the light. The light turns green and we both jump on it. I pulled an easy 2-3 car lengths on him by the time I got to 80mph where I let off. He gets next to me, but wont even look at me until I ask him if his was awd or rwd. He tells me awd, but I look at the back and it said 335I, not 335XIlike it would. He wouldnt even look at me after I beat him. Guess he was a little pissed my stang whooped his BMW

Hope you guys enjoy this story =]
Multiple KILLS!!11
Nice! And yeah, SOME of the beemer crowd can be ****** but every car crowd has them. But still I lol'd at the camry.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Multiple KILLS!!11
Nice! And yeah, SOME of the beemer crowd can be ****** but every car crowd has them. But still I lol'd at the camry.
Thanks man! Me too I honestly couldnt believe my eyes when I saw it was a camry lol and he wouldnt quit either
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good runs! You definitely have the mods to take a stockish 335i. The fact that you could hear his turbo pretty much determines that he had some sort of intake mod. Those 335s can do some damage with a tune though.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Good runs! You definitely have the mods to take a stockish 335i. The fact that you could hear his turbo pretty much determines that he had some sort of intake mod. Those 335s can do some damage with a tune though.
Well my friend just got a 335I the other day but its an 09, so I am thinking maybe they changed a few things up for 2011 maybe a new intake?... And I have heard stories on the g8 board about 335i's tuned w/ exhaust
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

IIRC, BMW went to a single turbo setup on the newer 335's versus the twin turbo's of previous. I don't remember why, but the article I read it from claimed a little bit slower acceleration time for the newest one.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/16/2...get-a-refresh/

bmw's site still shows a twin turbo 'technology'...wtf

Last edited by 99GTvert; 02-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
IIRC, BMW went to a single turbo setup on the newer 335's versus the twin turbo's of previous. I don't remember why, but the article I read it from claimed a little bit slower acceleration time for the newest one.

Well, I cannot find **** about it. So scratch that lol
Watch this lol it might explain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfQ1fJC_8U
Old 02-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Sick gt bro! Sounds like a fun night =) Im jealous, im lucky to get anyone to bite around here.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 AM
jmdgto
3rd Gear Member

good kills.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:00 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

racing a v6 camry? really?

nice kill on the bmw...........

Quick Reply: My stang is an animal!!!