Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

N/A H/C/I fox VS supercharged new edge, and BMW 335xi

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Cool N/A H/C/I fox VS supercharged new edge, and BMW 335xi

sooooo its been a while, haha.

anyway I'll get strait too it.

Car is running really good, fixed some bugs, and was going out for a drive. turning onto a long road, I see a new edge coming from the other direction with his blinker on going the same way as me. As I turn on the road, I get on it a little bit. To make it obvious im willing to play. He zips up on me pretty quick after that.

The road goes through a slight curve, then goes strait again for about 200 feet. as its about to straiten out, I downshift into second gear, at 40mph, this puts me in a sweet spot, about 3,200rpm. I hold it there for about 3 seconds, to make it obvious whats about to happen, and lay into it.

Surprisingly I spun, normally i don't spin, as i have 275/50/15 micky thompson radials on the back. I dunno if I hit a bump in the road as soon as I laid into it, or what.

car finally gripped after a second, shift quick into third, and look back in my mirror expecting to see him way behind. but surprisingly he was only about 3 cars back. after revving out 3rd gear, which puts me about 90mph, I looked back again, and it looked to me as if he had pulled another car, or was right where he was when I shifted into 3rd.

I let out of it for another corner, and was pretty hard on the brakes, him right on me. the light ahead had gone red. and we slowed down. the road spits from one lane, into three, the road divides up ahead. I stay to the right, and he gets to my left, with a van infront of him at the light, and nothing in front of me.

I stop short, behind the van in my lane, so he has to stop next to me. As soon as he pulled even, we basically said at the same time ME: "damn you where pulling on me!" HIM: "you pulled on me!"

which we both laughed from saying the same **** the same time. I asked him what he had done to the car, which he said "supercharger, I haven't lost yet, until now! haha" I gave him a 0_0 wtf? look, and I could now hear the faint whistle of a procharger/novi/etc

he asked me what I had, and I said "all motor man." he laughed and said "no nitrous or anything?" and about that time the light changed green, and I said "no man, lol, all motor"

he revved his car up like 6 times, then dropped the clutch RIGHT behind this van, and smoked the tires, about that time I laid into it and he zipped to the vans left. I went strait as I had nothing in front of me. He didn't go around the van though, and took the divide to the left onto another road.

I wanted more of that car, because I swear he was pulling on me a hair, but he said I pulled on him, and he was behind me, so obviously had a better view of what was going on. so I flipped around at the next light, and went after him, just too find he was gone. vanished into thin air. Must have grabbed a turn or something

I drove a bit down this road, as i have never been that way before. Its a nicer neighborhood, the kind that has all the stuff they need, shops and such, so they don't have to wonder out of the area.

car's like mine stand out like a sore thumb in that area, so i was just cruising the speed limit, keeping the RPM's low.

after a bit I'm a ways from leaving a light, when I see a car coming up quick on my left, its a BMW from the front of the car, so thats all I can tell. he gets about to my door, and I can hear the thing revving it out, so I downshift, with him getting about even with me, and lay into it. lucky for me we where in a good spot for me.

I stop his pull, and rip past him about 1-2 cars by the end of the gear, shifting into third he drops WAY back, obvious he got out of it.

I slow down, and he just EASES on by me, won't even look over at me, with his windows cracked a couple inchs. I let him get his rear tire to my front, and I downshift and lay into it again. He doesn't bite though :/

I slow back down to the speed limit, and he is going about 5-10 over, so he passes again, and I look at the back of the car and it says "335xi"

looked just like this :

looking up there info, its a 300hp 300trq twin turbo strait 6. i know I have the guy beat on power, and probably weight too, but a twin turbo at this elevation vs a car on motor should even the odds a bit more then that quick burst made it appear.

Too bad he chickened out, would have been fun to leave him in my dust

just some fun runs, haven't had a race at all really other then the track, so it was fun to have two quick little "races" back to back.

Be it what they where, I know it wasn't enough to tell much, but it was fun. The car is running REALLY good. I'm very impressed with it Can't wait to get a roll bar, so I can see just what times I can get now, After fixing these few little bugs. I think it has high 12's at my elevation in it on motor. It's going to be a MONSTER on the spray though.

cliff notes:

raced a "supercharged" new edge mustang for a quick 2nd and 3rd gear pull
-I thought he pulled me a hair, he said I pulled him

"raced" a BMW 335xi.
- stopped his pull instantly and pulled a car or two. he didn't wanna play no more.

ME GUSTA!

Last edited by 302army187; 05-07-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Nice runs...

Have you had your car dyno tuned?

How about with the 150 shot?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
Nice runs...

Have you had your car dyno tuned?

How about with the 150 shot?
dyno tuned last year, motor ate all the main bearings a month after the dyno, so I rebuilt it.

it made 321rwhp and 328rwtrq then. its now rebuilt, higher compression pistons, and I went from a lightly ported typhoon intake, to this victor 5.0 which has huge runners compared to the typhoon, and much shorter runners.

I picked up 4-5mph from just the rebuild and intake so far, and i think now that I fixed a few bugs, it might get another mph out of it at the track.

have not used the 150 shot yet, but im in the process of hooking it up

need a rollbar though to go to the track again
Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Nice with u on the rollbar thing. I need a cage but I don't want one. I want to keep my car more of a street car.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:18 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
Nice with u on the rollbar thing. I need a cage but I don't want one. I want to keep my car more of a street car.
10's in the 1/4 at my elevation or broken parts/motor. one of the two is going to happen.

btw I need a pic of my car like yours in your sig. looks bad ***
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Nice runs buddy, good story too. The new edge kill is an awesome win, that is one hell of a N/A 302 you've built man.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nice pull on that blown 2V. Your car has got to be running strong, especially to take an FI car at that elevation, a FI car at that power level anyway.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Nice runs buddy, good story too. The new edge kill is an awesome win, that is one hell of a N/A 302 you've built man.
Originally Posted by Stone629
Nice pull on that blown 2V. Your car has got to be running strong, especially to take an FI car at that elevation, a FI car at that power level anyway.
Thanks guys, and I agree, its a good combo, but part of me is itching to tear it apart, send the heads out for porting, and order a custom cam. lol.

not going to do it. Maybe if I lived at sea level just to **** people off when they find out my 11.5 in the 1/4 car is a all motor 302.

nitrous is going on soon, interior coming out for 6 point roll bar with a removable driver door bar, then it will be time to break ****, or go fast, haha.

I'm just enjoying the car for now. Its been a LONG LONG time since it had no driveability issues. After tweeking the fuel pressure, and cleaning a few odds and ends, its pulling harder then ever. Never really use to spin the 275/50/15micky thompsons in second gear, but now its doing it all the time. its actually pretty shocking to me haha.

like yesterday, VERY warm out, driving for 20 minutes or so, so the motor is pretty warm, if not hot, so the roads are nice and warm, and driving that long has the micky thompsons warm. I get on a nice even road, decide I want to romp on it, 45mph, downshift to second gear, 3,500 rpm, and it spins the tires.

I even had the rear shocks set a little loose to make the car not so rough over bumps, because I won't go back to the track for a while.

oh and btw, the car is now down to 3080 - 3085 lbs without me in it. Going to leave out all the rear seat stuff, and the back panels more then likely to try and off set the weight of the roll bar.

I just cant wait to get the bottle hooked back up, and start making some serious power

Last edited by 302army187; 05-09-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Sweet runs......too bad the ***** in the Beemer had no stones.

I really, really want to see some more vids once you get the juice hooked up
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by okbfd
Sweet runs......too bad the ***** in the Beemer had no stones.

I really, really want to see some more vids once you get the juice hooked up
haha, for sure. would have been murder though, even with his turbos.

seen the newer videos? I put a few new ones up recently. Click the link in the sig, then to the right it will show my most recent stuff.

I'm planning on a new series of videos for my channel.

"scaring passengers with big nitrous hit."

Arm the 150 shot without them noticing, then hit it. Hopefully going to make people squeal and **** there pants lol!

Quick Reply: N/A H/C/I fox VS supercharged new edge, and BMW 335xi