Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Kill and killed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Default Kill and killed

Alright, I was out of town last week visiting some family. I was out and pulled in a station that had 8 or 9 cars hanging out on a weeknight. On my way out I had a Guy in a HHR SS ask me if I wanted to play..(haven't had any fun in forever besides a few 1/8 passes and that's a weak point for me) I was nice but told him it would have to be between the GTO or the C5 that was there. Anyway the GTO wanted to go..supercharged LS2..surprise. HHR was set on getting some so we hit the 3way. (late and no one around) I was on just the dd 23psi. (trapped 95mph in the 1/8 on 22psi) We all go from 45ish and I try to breakboost and blow threw 2nd and the Gto pulls about 3/4 of a car on the hit and by mid 4th I made the ground back up and was ahead 1-1/2 cars. It was a rush..oh and the Hhr, yeah I don't know where it went.

And last weekend ....well blew my trans. Haven't had a chance to pull it yet but it's stuck in 3rd, even in neutral. It wont shift in all the gears. I put money on a shift fork. I knew it was bound to happen..The car only has 50k on it but the trans has been giving me trouble lately. Can't even wot with it so it has to respool after shifts. I know that has left some Et and a couple MPH on the table.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Dont see too many f/i goats... lucky you, lol. At least you were able to come around him pretty easily. Quick car, love your sig lol
Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Thanks..though its not quick anymore :/
Old 06-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good damn run, PD. That's gotta be a rush pulling on a blown GTO like that.

Sucks about the trans. You just going to repair it or go ahead and build it while its out?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Idk, If its just the shift fork I will likely just add an upgraded one and swap out a couple syncros to keep the cost down. I don't have the cash now to fully build one.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
We all go from 45ish and I try to breakboost and blow threw 2nd.
WTF is that? You break your turbo
Old 06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

brake .... In a hurry on my phone. :'(

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 06-20-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Good job on out running the goat man!!! Was it an auto or 6sp car?

Sorry to hear about the trans man, I know the feeling and hopefully mine will be back together by wensday or thursday. Hope yours isn't too messed up and it'll be a cheap fix!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your transmission man. I know the feeling. Nice job on coming around on the GTO. Your car is definitely one SRT-4 I wouldn't want to run into on the street.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
Good job on out running the goat man!!! Was it an auto or 6sp car?

Sorry to hear about the trans man, I know the feeling and hopefully mine will be back together by wensday or thursday. Hope yours isn't too messed up and it'll be a cheap fix!!
Auto. I'm going to get it pulled next weekend and see the damage. I hope its just a $300 shift fork.
Originally Posted by Kerns
Sorry to hear about your transmission man. I know the feeling. Nice job on coming around on the GTO. Your car is definitely one SRT-4 I wouldn't want to run into on the street.
Thanks. I'm used to it but its really not that quick. Now if I could run 29psi in every gear and get it to hook I might go somewhere. hah

Quick Reply: Kill and killed