Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Celica GTS VS RX-8

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:36 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Celica GTS VS RX-8

and like i said your car should be runnin alot faster than it is
Ironic huh. this is coming from someone with a saleen that beat an rx-8 by like two feet
Old 09-03-2005, 05:56 PM
89IROCZ

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

and you can't measure a rotary engine by bore*stroke. You have to measure it by how much it displaces. Which is 1.3 liters, but it gets twice the power per rotation of the rotors. You just helped prove my point. It has two plugs. It fires twice on each rotation. Therefore it theoretically should create just as much power as a 2.6L piston engine or a 2.6L rotory engine with a single combustion in each cycle.
O.K. look...just because it doesnt have a cylindrical bore like a "normal" engine doesnt mean that math doesnt work.. it still has an effective bore and an effective stroke ,it just doesnt have it in the common way that most manufacturers design it..hence the fact it has rotors not pistons..I dont believe I verified what you were trying to say it SHOULD be more efficient (mpg and power) only because it is not a four stroke typical engine (2 up & 2 down movements for one power stroke)..I believe i am just saying it has to fire each rotor twice per rotation because there is only two of them.. kind of like a 2 cylinder trying to be four cylinders...lol you know half of a real engine!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:03 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ByPopularDemand

and like i said your car should be runnin alot faster than it is
Ironic huh. this is coming from someone with a saleen that beat an rx-8 by like two feet

HAHA!!! I said the same thing! LOL
Old 09-04-2005, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: 757GT

It's a 1.3, civic boy is just wrong and can never admit when he is wrong. Also a Celica GTS will NOT run 14s. Mag time are mid 15s so real world would be low 15s, wrong again 2000. Also, I agree RX8s are not fast, I raped one from a roll before tune and delete plates with my slow auto. The handle really well though and they look pretty cool.
First things first, you stupid ****ing Magazine racer... Magazine times mean jack ****ing **** in the real world. I have personally been to the Muncie dragstrip in Indiana 3 years ago (that being 2002) and I personally watched a Celica GTS run a 14.9. Later on saying he was bone stock. I don't give two flying ****s what your ****** magazines say, even though they do say 15.2 which is only 3 tenths off what he ran. What I've seen in person outweighs what you read from some magazine.

I do recall consulting the Mazda Webpage and saying that the engine is a 1.3L. However, do I have to explain for the SIXTH goddamn time why it can and has been considered as powerful as a 2.6L engine?

Do I? Honestly? Can we not grow a goddamn brain on this board for a change people? After all the times I've explained, flat out owned, and proven some of you completely wrong you still continue to argue with me. I don't get it.

757 you have absolutely NO knowledge on any import, yet you continue to think I'm wrong and you're correct. You would have never even known what kind of engine the GTS has, what the weight, what kind of real world track times it CAN run if it hadn't been for anything I've said in this thread. Nobody goes to you for knowledge on anything, let alone Import knowledge. So, for a change, shut the hell up in threads like this.

Old 09-04-2005, 03:20 PM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

Can we get some chat sounds in here? Id like to use the *SLAP*.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Mustangood
2nd Gear Member

The SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) defined way of measuring the displacement of a rotary is to measure the difference in volume of the combustion chamber between when it is at its largest and smallest. Since each rotor has three of these chambers and there is one combustion event per rotation of the eccentric shaft, a 1.3 liter rotary would burn 1.3 liters of fuel and air per eccentric shaft rotation. A 2.6 liter reciprocating engine would burn this same amount. This confuses some people and makes them claim that rotary engines have twice the displacement their manufacturers claim they have. There is not right or wrong in this case. Rotary engines are different from reciprocating engines, so of course they need to be treated differently.

see now u can all stop arguin,
Old 09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Moparman87
3rd Gear Member

2000SI PM me on what you think on the subject man.... RX8 is still talkin **** to me...
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: 757GT

It's a 1.3, civic boy is just wrong and can never admit when he is wrong. Also a Celica GTS will NOT run 14s. Mag time are mid 15s so real world would be low 15s, wrong again 2000. Also, I agree RX8s are not fast, I raped one from a roll before tune and delete plates with my slow auto. The handle really well though and they look pretty cool.
First things first, you stupid ****ing Magazine racer... Magazine times mean jack ****ing **** in the real world. I have personally been to the Muncie dragstrip in Indiana 3 years ago (that being 2002) and I personally watched a Celica GTS run a 14.9. Later on saying he was bone stock. I don't give two flying ****s what your ****** magazines say, even though they do say 15.2 which is only 3 tenths off what he ran. What I've seen in person outweighs what you read from some magazine.

I do recall consulting the Mazda Webpage and saying that the engine is a 1.3L. However, do I have to explain for the SIXTH goddamn time why it can and has been considered as powerful as a 2.6L engine?

Do I? Honestly? Can we not grow a goddamn brain on this board for a change people? After all the times I've explained, flat out owned, and proven some of you completely wrong you still continue to argue with me. I don't get it.

757 you have absolutely NO knowledge on any import, yet you continue to think I'm wrong and you're correct. You would have never even known what kind of engine the GTS has, what the weight, what kind of real world track times it CAN run if it hadn't been for anything I've said in this thread. Nobody goes to you for knowledge on anything, let alone Import knowledge. So, for a change, shut the hell up in threads like this.
hahaha.. this doesn't happen often, but i agree with 2000si. magazine times for a 99-04GT are like 14.4'ish (depending on which mag you're looking at). people on a rare occassion have gotten them to run a 13.9 bone stock.

same goes for every other car. just cause a mag says it can get a certain time, doesn't mean it can't be faster than that.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Mustangood
2nd Gear Member

yah most of the time magazines publish corrected times.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:53 PM
caprirs_5.0

rx8.....celicas are pretty ****ty[:'(]

Quick Reply: Celica GTS VS RX-8