Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

n/a 2 v 12.16 @ 112 video

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default n/a 2 v 12.16 @ 112 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e96ZA...eature=related
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

i think everybody has seen this at least 10 times lol good vid tho
Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 AM
HongKongPhooey

Now its 11 lol j/j. I think he goes by the screen name "Trevor" on some sites. The 2V is one of the most underestimated Mustangs there ever was imo. Especially when it seems every where you look tons are telling people to either just to get a supercharger or saying the 2V's are junk and just get a 4V. It is possible to get low 12's and high 11's out of them without using a power adder.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 AM
JT76

Originally Posted by HungKongPhooey
Now its 11 lol j/j. I think he goes by the screen name "Trevor" on some sites. The 2V is one of the most underestimated Mustangs there ever was imo. Especially when it seems every where you look tons are telling people to either just to get a supercharger or saying the 2V's are junk and just get a 4V. It is possible to get low 12's and high 11's out of them without using a power adder.
Its not the norm at all though. Most people don't have the patience. I still would never recommend a 2V for someone looking for ***** out performance. I do think that the 99-04 body style is one of the best looking "modern muscle" cars though. There are much better platforms out there than the 2v. Nowadays i can get an 03 cobra or an S197 for the price i paid for my 02 GT back in 2004. For the beginner (my GT was my first "fast" car @ age 17.. anything with more ***** i would prob be dead by now) or someone that wants a cool cruiser the 2v is perfect.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Nice !!!!!

What mods does that car have ??
Must have some suspension work done at least
Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 PM
HongKongPhooey

Originally Posted by JT76
Its not the norm at all though. Most people don't have the patience. I still would never recommend a 2V for someone looking for ***** out performance. I do think that the 99-04 body style is one of the best looking "modern muscle" cars though. There are much better platforms out there than the 2v. Nowadays i can get an 03 cobra or an S197 for the price i paid for my 02 GT back in 2004. For the beginner (my GT was my first "fast" car @ age 17.. anything with more ***** i would prob be dead by now) or someone that wants a cool cruiser the 2v is perfect.

That's why I think its the most underestimated Mustang out there. It could be the norm if more people stayed at it and did not follow the masses. Cheaper to build with the same outcome. This can be debated depending on which Mustang someone gets. 5K to 7K for a used 99 to 04 GT or 15K and up for a used 03 / 04 Cobra or Mach. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have a Mach, Cobra, or a new GT or Boss. But in the end doing a 10 sec quarter does it matter which Mustang got you there? ehh I guess to some it does, maybe for the name / bragging rights? Don't know but to each their own. My first couple of Mustangs were a 70 Grande, 69 Fastback, and 69 Mach...boy, did my neighbors hate me lol
Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
JT76

Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey
That's why I think its the most underestimated Mustang out there. It could be the norm if more people stayed at it and did not follow the masses. Cheaper to build with the same outcome. This can be debated depending on which Mustang someone gets. 5K to 7K for a used 99 to 04 GT or 15K and up for a used 03 / 04 Cobra or Mach. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have a Mach, Cobra, or a new GT or Boss. But in the end doing a 10 sec quarter does it matter which Mustang got you there? ehh I guess to some it does, maybe for the name / bragging rights? Don't know but to each their own. My first couple of Mustangs were a 70 Grande, 69 Fastback, and 69 Mach...boy, did my neighbors hate me lol
Meh this is all debatable. For that $7000 GT to run 10's (more than once, at least) i am going to need a power adder, a built motor, head work, cams, a built trans, a fuel system, clutch/converter, rear end, labor, tuning, gaskets, valve springs, timing chains, fluids hardware.. etc etc etc, an extensive build like that is never ending. At the end of the day you are talking buku money. On the other hand, I can take a stock 03 cobra add a pulley and an el cheapo zex nitrous kit and run 10's for a few grand. In the long run you are going to be behind every time $$ wise, just the way of the world sadly. When i started with cars a wise man once told me "take what you think you are going to spend and double it".. its coming to fruition in spades for me :lol:

Take this video for an example: I made this the other day, my 2 friends racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7rBg5VKco

the mustang has -

a built stroker motor with nice cyl heads, he has prob $7-8k in the motor, a $4k transmission, $1k headers, not to mention the built rear, suspension, roll cage, clutch, intake manifold and a million other odds and ends to put the car together. He guesses he has $25k into the car incl the price of the car (car cost 6 grand) (this is with doing ALL of the labor himself) This winter he is going to tinker with nitrous and probably get the car painted.

the Z28 has -the stock motor, a camshaft, valve springs, my friends second hand cyl heads, my second hand exhaust, running stock rear, stock trans, stock gears etc etc etc.. he prob has 14k total incl price of the car (car is right around 10 grand)

as you can see performance is pretty damn close. Throw some gears in the camaro and take my fat *** out of the car and he will prob be dead nuts or ahead of the stang... As i said, some platforms are superior to others, just the way of the world and the hobby. Im not just talking about LS1 vs ford motors so don't send out the lynch mob I'm just using it as an example.. replace the LS1 camaro in this video with a well set up pullied cobra and we are talking the same thing.... But i am a strong supporter of "mod what you like" that is what keeps things interesting and gives variety .... but to say the 2v is underestimated is just plain foolish. Its a very poor performance platform out of the box, it can be good but it takes A LOT of work, time and money.

Last edited by JT76; 09-28-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT76
Meh this is all debatable. For that $7000 GT to run 10's (more than once, at least) i am going to need a power adder, a built motor, head work, cams, a built trans, a fuel system, clutch/converter, rear end, labor, tuning, gaskets, valve springs, timing chains, fluids hardware.. etc etc etc, an extensive build like that is never ending. At the end of the day you are talking buku money. On the other hand, I can take a stock 03 cobra add a pulley and an el cheapo zex nitrous kit and run 10's for a few grand. In the long run you are going to be behind every time $$ wise, just the way of the world sadly. When i started with cars a wise man once told me "take what you think you are going to spend and double it".. its coming to fruition in spades for me :lol:

Take this video for an example: I made this the other day, my 2 friends racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7rBg5VKco

the mustang has -

a built stroker motor with nice cyl heads, he has prob $7-8k in the motor, a $4k transmission, $1k headers, not to mention the built rear, suspension, roll cage, clutch, intake manifold and a million other odds and ends to put the car together. He guesses he has $25k into the car incl the price of the car (car cost 6 grand) (this is with doing ALL of the labor himself) This winter he is going to tinker with nitrous and probably get the car painted.

the Z28 has -the stock motor, a camshaft, valve springs, my friends second hand cyl heads, my second hand exhaust, running stock rear, stock trans, stock gears etc etc etc.. he prob has 14k total incl price of the car (car is right around 10 grand)

as you can see performance is pretty damn close. Throw some gears in the camaro and take my fat *** out of the car and he will prob be dead nuts or ahead of the stang... As i said, some platforms are superior to others, just the way of the world and the hobby. Im not just talking about LS1 vs ford motors so don't send out the lynch mob I'm just using it as an example.. replace the LS1 camaro in this video with a well set up pullied cobra and we are talking the same thing.... But i am a strong supporter of "mod what you like" that is what keeps things interesting and gives variety .... but to say the 2v is underestimated is just plain foolish. Its a very poor performance platform out of the box, it can be good but it takes A LOT of work, time and money.
yea and how many more ci does the camaro have? if you want to throw gears and what not in the camaro, fine. let s throw a extra 69 ci in the mustang and see what happens. just saying.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 PM
jtb727
3rd Gear Member

I think these are all valid arguements, The 2v can become something pretty nasty, but mod for mod, even 2v vs. 4v (same displacement, no excuses about an extra 69ci.) the 4 valve just hands us 2v guys our lunch. The heads just flat out are not "performance machines".. Yes we can spray the thing to the moon, or boost it. But, the real world is something to take into perspective, how many 2v's with huge cams, heads, etc. etc. are daily street driven w/ upwards of 100k miles? not many. I want my car to last more than 1-3 passes down the strip. They are definately not a threat as far as the "platform goes"..... especially compared to the lsx motors which can make the same horespower w a decent H/C/I set up thats still pretty street friendly as a lot of 2v guys are making when blown or sprayed. It HANDS DOWN is going to take more work, time, money, effort, and the cajones to run the 2v hard enough to really be considered a "threat" around town. or at the strip.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

im just saying if the mustang had the extras 69 ci , it would be a whole new beast. you r lets take away 69 ci from the ls1s, ls2, and so on, do you think they would be as fast as the 2v? i think the 2v is a awesome motor, ford just didnt give it enough displacement.

Quick Reply: n/a 2 v 12.16 @ 112 video